Where have you ridden the last few weeks? Anything Interesting. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where have you ridden the last few weeks? Anything Interesting.

NightShadow

Sat my buddy and I did the lake Michigan Iron butt ride starting near Flint MI. We left on Friday and stayed in Imlay city. Got wet going out Friday - but by the time it stopped and we continued on ,we were dry by the time we got to border.
Took us around 18 hours or so.
Some nice scenery but long ride. (oh and when we finished we road back to Toronto - got in around 6am this morning)

Weekend before I went and did the Iron butt around lake Huron. Was another long ride but was nice as I did it by my self and went at it at my own pace. This ride was approx 18 hours. Nice weather both days. Did get cold on the north end of the ride.

Updated - Did nine days in the mountains just below Pittsburgh down to Georgia - through smokies - and then worked our way home. 2 weeks later did 5 days in South East Ohio & West Virginia.

Last edited:
Colorado, Arizona and Utah. All details about our trip here:
http://www.adventureamigos.com/
and here:
http://adventureamigos.blogspot.ca/2013/05/start-of-colorado-trip-and-day-one.html

I did my first moto camping trip 2 weeks ago. 191km over 3 days from Toronto - Wawa - Toronto! It was a great trip and I will post the ride report this week.

Went to Greenville SC a couple of weeks back. 850miles straight in 13 hrs. Rode around Greenville the next day and then left the following day in pouring rain up to Asheville and grabbed the BRP and remained in rain for better part of the morning. Got off at Interstate 77 and super slabbed it to Maryland for the night. Backroads through Pa and NY the following day to Buffalo and crossed the border

+1 as above...makes going to Wawa seem VERY boring....

Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads.

Austria, Croatia, Slovenia.

Sounds like a great one Pete. I hope you are posting a ride report????

Colorado, Arizona and Utah

Sounds like another great trip.
I was through Colorado and Utah last year.
Arizona was the year before that.
They are all great places to ride.

One place I would like to go is Europe for a couple of months and ride.

It isn't how far you go - It is all about getting out and enjoying your bike and
what ever it is you are doing. ( Camping - traveling to new places - off roading )

This year is just a small 9 day trip through the mountains and some places
I have already done. Taking a few riders with me that have never been.
Will post a ride report when I finish it.

Last edited:
Nothing major since we got back from Greece:

Different short day rides with my wife, all starting from Home in Port Perry:

-(this one an overnight ride) Parry Sound Kilarney, Sprucedale, Huntsville

-Newcastle, Port Hope, Cobourg, Hastings, Peterborough

-Bobcaygeon, Burleigh Falls, Wilberforce, Haliburton (Sow's Ear), Minden, Kinmount

-Orilia, Midland. Penatang, Wasaga Beach , Beaver Valley

-Hockley Valley, Creemore

In Greece:

Santorini Greece (Rented a V-Strom for 8 days while there.)

..Tom

In the last 4 weeks:

- Lake Placid for 4 days
- Marten River to camp on Canada Day
- The Seguin Trail and Nipissing Trail with a side trip to North Bay
- Back to North Bay
- Evans City PA then camping through the Allegany Forest.

I've got video of it all posted elsewhere (ADV Rider).

Unfortunately I have been able to do very little riding this summer. Last week I did manage a three hour ride from the cottage to Cookstown Outlet Mall and back. (The upside is that I purchased a Fossil watch at 40% off) I hope everyone else can do better than that. (The riding, not the watch!)

Last week in North Carolina we got to tour the wrecked train locomotives used in the Harrison Ford film "the fugitive". They are still sitting just off the tracks where they were left after filming the bus crash scene.

V-Tom, The squeeze and I did Santorini & Paros(SP?) over ten days a few years back on our 25th. We only rented 80 & 100cc scooters but still had a blast. Great beaches people & food!

V-Tom, The squeeze and I did Santorini & Paros(SP?) over ten days a few years back on our 25th. We only rented 80 & 100cc scooters but still had a blast. Great beaches people & food!

Before Santorini we were in Mykonos for 3 days. Tourists there are only allowed to rent 50cc scooters so we did that for a day. It got us around. We absolutley loved riding in Santorini! No traffic lights, and things like stop signs etc were really just suggestions. You didn't stop unless someone was coming and it was dangerous to go. You were expected to filter and lane split (not that lanes actually meant anything there anyway.) If there were 10 cars lined up to make a left turn you just bombed past them all and cut in front of them and any oncoming trafic and away you went. People were very relexed about it and I didn't see anyone get upset of show any signs of road rage. We made a few mistakes in our travels and on a couple of occasions ended up riding on sidewalks through a town. No one got upset at all, people jsut moved over and let us through and when on with their business.

Food was amazing! We ended up often going to some of the little restauants that the locals used. Incredible food and hospitality!

..Tom

Last edited:
I just got back from two weeks in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, and had the pleasure of renting a Harley Davidson Road King 1690cc for a few days.

The rental rates were quite good at $150 a day all inclusive of taxes, fees, insurance and unlimited mileage from Chase Hawaii Rentals!

What I really enjoyed was the optional helmet law in Hawaii. Since I always wear my helmet, because it is the law where I ride, I took this opportunity to NOT wear a helmet and actually enjoy the island air blowing through my hair. And guess what? I survived!
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

If anyone is thinking of going to the island, I highly recommend renting a bike there, as it is by far the best way to see the entire island. You can lap the island of Oahu in 4.5 hours, but you definitely want to be stopping along the way and checking out all the beaches and volcano ranges.

I was smart enough to take my GoPro with me along with my handle bar mount so I have most of my island adventure captured in HD video, so be sure to look back into this thread in a week or so with updated vids.

And to the pics!

At the beach

The night before returning the bike, riding around till sunrise

Returning the bike the next morning

And the rental guys were nice enough to take a shot of my nephew and myself on the bike before we gave it back

Now, what I think of the Road King, well, it has plenty of power, is comfortable to ride, and looks great.

Will I switch over to a Harley? Maybe in 10 years. As of right now, I am VERY happy with my C50!

Washington DC, Virginia, Carolinas and Tennessee with couple of days on the dragon. Wicked trip!

Mid July I took myself down to Lake George NY foir the 10 thh Annual Yankee Rally from the Volusia Riders forum- had a great time. Rode around Lake Ontario getting there and back. 1st solo trip, but made friends once I was there.

Lase weekend, wife & I and 3 other couples went to Buffalo for a 50th birthday party for one of the girls (BTW, the Left Bank Restaurant in Buffalo is as good as anything here- highly recommended). Wife drove on her own so she could hit the Galleria Mall and do some grocery shopping without me hovering around ruching her. I took my bike so I could ride all around Buffalo.

Well I knew this was going to be the summer of travelling frugally and don't have too many high spots to look back on so far :-( A few runs down to the Coudersport area in PA, I went to Americade with a friend, but his bike was having difficulties so we trailered mine down and drove in his truck - and I only got one ride in while we were there - suckiest vacation ever!!! Worse yet I had to listen to him for 6 hours on I-90 trying to convince me how much better it was to be in the truck rather than riding the bikes - good luck with that one.

Two weekends ago did a trip to West Virginia to Mountainfest - again got persuaded to lead a group of girlfriends down there - who didn't like maneouvering on twisty, hilly roads and it became evident to me that they had not really understood the concept of riding in the mountains - still nothing can spoil WV!

Okay now re-reading this post I'm really depressed. Next trip though is by myself, tent strapped to the bike and going wherever the mood takes me for five days.

Oh yeah - camping trip to rally in Sarnia last weekend - the only thing more boring than riding around Sarnia is riding back and forth to Sarnia - but had a good time partying at least :)

Last edited:
Toronto to Quebec City and back on the weekend. No sight seeing, hard riding there and back 1727km. Decided I will be investing in a better seat.

Back
Top Bottom