When did you move up? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did you move up?

The problem is that most people don't know the secret, a 600 will be so boring after riding a super moto.
For you 20 something guys, beat the insurance companies at their own game. For the first five years ride a supermoto. Even better, one of the rare supermotos like Husqrvana. Dirt cheap on insurance, and so much fun. Throw a windbreak shield on it if you're commuting so you're not getting punched in the chest. All this while, you're getting your M (easy on a supermoto) and building your time insured without lapse. After five years now with your M, and riding a supermoto, you will have saved all those thousands you would have paid the insurance companies and buy yourself a brand new 600 supersport as your reward for holding out and not giving these thieves ridiculous amounts of money. With your M and five years without insurance lapse (never miss a payment), you'll be getting the same rates as older guys that have driven supersports forever. The more off the wall supermoto, the cheaper it will be. Think rare. That's how insurance works.

What people tell you while posing at Tim Hortons is not always true... just saying.

Why am I posting in this thread anyways.... time to go
Its true.
I have a lot of friends that ride/drive without insurance. And others that use fake insurance. For $100 you can get a guy with a nice printer to print you a real looking insurance slip. I even had a friend that got taken down to the station with a fake insurance slip, and even at the station nobody could prove it was fake. The cops kept trying to call the number on the insurance card to verify but of course nobody picked up, so they had to let him go.

Its really tempting to do the same thing, but I'm thinking long-term. I want to ride for years and years and not just a couple years until I get caught and then thats it.
Plus whats a couple grand. We're young, we have lots of time to make more money. I spend more on beer in 3 months than I do for a year of insurance.

EDIT: btw, I did have a friend that was pulled over with no insurance, not even a fake one, and it was a $5000 fine. That was a couple years ago and he's still paying it off, and his licence is still suspended.

What people tell you while posing at Tim Hortons is not always true... just saying.

Why am I posting in this thread anyways.... time to go

Because...

Get-Over-9000.jpg

Posts.

lol I have way over 9000, about half got deleted with the purge. Didn't realized I was close to 9k.
Because...

Get-Over-9000.jpg

Posts.

Its true.
I have a lot of friends that ride/drive without insurance. And others that use fake insurance. For $100 you can get a guy with a nice printer to print you a real looking insurance slip. I even had a friend that got taken down to the station with a fake insurance slip, and even at the station nobody could prove it was fake. The cops kept trying to call the number on the insurance card to verify but of course nobody picked up, so they had to let him go.

Its really tempting to do the same thing, but I'm thinking long-term. I want to ride for years and years and not just a couple years until I get caught and then thats it.
Plus whats a couple grand. We're young, we have lots of time to make more money. I spend more on beer in 3 months than I do for a year of insurance.

EDIT: btw, I did have a friend that was pulled over with no insurance, not even a fake one, and it was a $5000 fine. That was a couple years ago and he's still paying it off, and his licence is still suspended.

I wish the names could be posted...not so they get caught (although that wouldn't be bad too), but more so in that I never want to ride with or near them. I agree rates are terrible, but anyone who would ride without insurance really needs to get their head examined. I'd also wager a guess that those who ride without insurance are also more likely to injure or kill themselves (as well as others)...because #yolo and the like.

Started on a 650R at $430/month. After I turned 25 it dropped to $140/month.

Then I switched to a 125 and now I pay under $40/month. Only difference to me is now I ride at high RPM and need to do rebuilds (2 stroke).

On my way back down gradually now. Big bikes are more boring. Just turn the throttle and go fast. That's one of the reasons why people get into more trouble on them. You get lulled by the effortless speed.

The problem is that most people don't know the secret, a 600 will be so boring after riding a super moto.

This is such garbage. Supermoto tards have the biggest hipster mentalitity in the sport. It's like the big brother little brother complex, have to continuelly convince everyone that you didn't get a supermoto because SS bikes are too fast. No you got one because "urban mayhem bro".

It's like choosing the fat ugly girl at the party because she smells like bacon, but you love bacon so it must be a good thing.

This is such garbage. Supermoto tards have the biggest hipster mentalitity in the sport. It's like the big brother little brother complex, have to continuelly convince everyone that you didn't get a supermoto because SS bikes are too fast. No you got one because "urban mayhem bro".

It's like choosing the fat ugly girl at the party because she smells like bacon, but you love bacon so it must be a good thing.

I don't think his statement applies to people who have only been riding for a year... The bike will still be considered "new" to you.

Every bike has their pro's and con's. Just that some have more pro's than others.

Last edited:
I don't think his statement applies to people who have only been riding for a year... The bike will still be considered "new" to you.

Every bike has their pro's and con's. Just that some have more pro's than others.

That's all fine and dandy but why does every single person who owns a supermoto have to talk **** about what everyone else rides?

This is coming from someone who has owned dirtbikes for years and rides a KX450F that would utterly destroy any DRZ on the planet . I've run supermoto on the track and know they are fun bikes but in no way shape or form should a random dude on a DRZ with Street tires be given the right to look down on others as if they missed the boat.

Supermoto's are fun little urban get arounds and can hold their own on low speed technical roads. Outside of those scenarios they lag behind every other type of bike on the road.

Last edited:
If I rode in the city only I would without a doubt take a SM over a SS bike any day of the week. A ktm 690SM would probably be at the top of my list. It would make mincemeat of an fz6.

That's all fine and dandy but why does every single person who owns a supermoto have to talk **** about what everyone else rides?

because they are better

and no I don't ride a supermoto

This is coming from someone who has owned dirtbikes for years and rides a KX450F that would utterly destroy any DRZ on the planet . I've run supermoto on the track and know they are fun bikes but in no way shape or form should a random dude on a DRZ with Street tires be given the right to look down on others as if they missed the boat.

Supermoto's are fun little urban get arounds and can hold their own on low speed technical roads. Outside of those scenarios they lag behind every other type of bike on the road.
People with sport bikes say the same thing....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If I rode in the city only I would without a doubt take a SM over a SS bike any day of the week. A ktm 690SM would probably be at the top of my list. It would make mincemeat of an fz6.

If I was going to pick up an SM it would the the 690 hands down. But let's be real here the KTM is a different animal compared to a DRZ or the 250 varients.

because they are better

and no I don't ride a supermoto

Better at what exactly?

If I was going to pick up an SM it would the the 690 hands down. But let's be real here the KTM is a different animal compared to a DRZ or the 250 varients.

Better at what exactly?

Nobody said it had to be a DRZ just a SM and you proceeded to jump all over it saying that SM's suck and zx600 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Better at what exactly?

better than an SS at everything except for going around a race track (and that's also debatable), and posing at Tim's

People with sport bikes say the same thing....

This is about function junior. Using race replicas to measure the functionality of something should tell you all you need to know about its legitimacy on the street.

Couldn't set the bar any lower if you tried.

Nobody said it had to be a DRZ just a SM and you proceeded to jump all over it saying that SM's suck and zx600 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Are you bored of your bike?

Last edited:
This is about function junior. Using race replicas to measure the functionality of something should tell you all you need to know about its legitimacy on the street.

Couldn't set the bar any lower if you tried.

Are you bored of your bike?
Was referring to the talk **** about everyone else's ride but OK.
On another note I've noticed the longer you've been on here the angrier you've gotten. Gtam will do that to you. Soon you will hit the f*** it stage. I've hit that stage.

Back
Top Bottom