When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

It's not enough that he doesn't like Jeeps, you mustn't like them either.
It's not about the jeep, he just follows me around like a little puppy trying to argue. Kind of sad. He will be ignored from now on.

It's not enough that he doesn't like Jeeps, you mustn't like them either.

Correction: i don't hate the car, but i hate what their owners doing to it and their reason of doing so. ie with ricers, we dont hate their civics or jdm ecobox (altho PrivatePilot does),

My opinion has always been clear. If you mod your Jeeps for offroad sport, great !keep them offroad. Having a lifted Jeep with big wheelers on street is a safety concern. Cars on the road are not built to crash into your rock climber. Its bad enough giving no ***** about others sharing the road with you, spilling misinformation justifying it is another level of stupidity/immaturity ( AWD sedan is a joke to my 4wd BLD).

Ofcourse like ricers, they will call me haters

Last edited:
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZnAAAAJDJmZDkwNWUyLWU4NzktNDgzNS05NDc1LTgzY2ZlZjM2YzkwNg.jpg

I just spotted another mall crawler. Woodbridge Lowes. Couple of fence boards in the bed not tied down, and that bed is too short LoL

45484e60eee05d84c194b170bac8e5a6_zpsqqzvormf.jpg

I just spotted another mall crawler. Woodbridge Lowes. Couple of fence boards in the bed not tied down, and that bed is too short LoL

In his de fence it's not the self improvement warehouse, is it?

Damn that front end......

What do you call the front bar he got? I know its to stop the truck from flipping over fly down hills, cant remember the name. I thought its illegal on street now.

4WD, LSD rear. $22k all-in back in 2011.

Having some fun in the city:
flex_zpsem6svsvt.jpg

Not a truck guy...but I like that truck! Maybe one day I'll take the plunge just to try out living with one for a while. If it tows great...if it will fit a motorcycle in the bed...even better!

I just got a 2000 TJ with 150k, 2 door 5 speed with hard/soft tops and was shocked when i discovered it will be listed for a whopping $8k. The sad thing is, it probably won't stay on the lot for a week.

I have a 2011 ford ranger sport 2wd 5 speed fit my sv650s in back on angle with tailgate up no issues.

Tows more then 3300 pds

I just got a 2000 TJ with 150k, 2 door 5 speed with hard/soft tops and was shocked when i discovered it will be listed for a whopping $8k. The sad thing is, it probably won't stay on the lot for a week.

Thats not a sad thing, as a dealer that should be a happy thing. I'm tickled when I sell mine it may be worth a fraction of what I paid. I'm pretty disappointed in the resale of most cars I buy. Jeep wranglers really seem to be an exception.

Thats not a sad thing, as a dealer that should be a happy thing. I'm tickled when I sell mine it may be worth a fraction of what I paid. I'm pretty disappointed in the resale of most cars I buy. Jeep wranglers really seem to be an exception.

I just think it's way overpriced but again, it's all a matter of supply and demand.

overwhelming thing here is , you can drive fun, or you can drive practical. If your AWD euro sedan is fun for you great, carry on. If your state of the art Japanese car is fun for you, I'm good with that. I'm happy for you if you bought a smart car and feel smart.

My Jeep was based on giggles and gratification, and I can indulge myself guilt free. Go find a leftist political thread to piss in.

I bought a 94 YJ new in the fall of 93 (for $14K). At that time the new one was actually cheaper than buying a one year old used one off the lot (same trim level)! It was a lot of fun, it took nine years of abuse and gave me mostly trouble free fun for 270,000+ kms (sold it for 4500). It was just stating to have some rust issues. The chicks did like it but they dug my 82 Z28 more, the Jeep was a definite step down in that department. It had a terrible ride, mediocre gas mileage, terrible in high winds, noisy, cold.... all part of the fun, if I wanted a Lexus (etc.) I would have bought a Lexus.... One winter I had my doors stolen, it was a big problem back then because people bought the soft top model and realized it was a bad idea come winter, used hardtops were easy to find but the hardtop doors were gold... after that I red locktighted the nuts in the fall and heated them and removed them in the spring.

The new ones are much more refined and are better than the old ones in every way.....this is why they are not as good. If I had the parking space, I would buy a TJ or YJ just for fun, I just don't have the room (too many cars).

As for all the off road posturing going on here, haters are gonna hate (both sides)... Actually the Jeep was really good in the snow for me except when the roads were only partially covered. It is really hard on a real 4wd drive-train to be in 4wd at highway speeds on dry pavement, so when it was partially covered the Jeep was really just 2wd and rear drive. AWD has a major advantage here.

Don't the wrangles come stock with open front / rear diff ?

4x4 with open diifs are pretty useless when it super slick or heavy slush. a LSD or locker is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom