What second bike should I get. | GTAMotorcycle.com

What second bike should I get.

Kevin z06

I'm seriously considering picking up a second road bike, I currently ride a hayabusa and think a smaller sport bike may be more fun for nightly ride, I'm thinking a ninja 300 or

I got a Ninja 650, 300 is a little too small for downsizing from a hayabusa. The 650 has some really good power and looks great and its classified under sport-touring. Do some research and look into it :)

I have a sv650 as a second road bike. Also might consider a dirt bike load of fum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

thanks for the sugestions. I like the 690 option, i have a KTM exc450 for off road already, thought about an exc500r for the road and offroad but would loose my licence in a week on one, I road a CBR 250 tonight and that's what got me thinking. it was a fun,light , and nimble , you can ride it in the power band or what's there around town for fun and not be risking 50 overs with a twist of the wrist, it handled better than expected. With the Busa for it to be fun it's a heat score every time it gets near read line in anything other than 1st my license is at risk, Will still keep it for riding to the cottage or for longer touring type rides.

Maybe a naked... like the fz6 or something similar? I have a friend who swears that having nothing of a windshield keeps him more civil than on his gsxr 1000.

Maybe a naked... like the fz6 or something similar? I have a friend who swears that having nothing of a windshield keeps him more civil than on his gsxr 1000.

FZ6 is half faired... You mean the FZ8 like this?
zahyza8a.jpg

If you're into Italian brands, the ducati monster is supposed to be nice.
I think the SV650 is a great mid-sized bike but I may be biased because I've had one.

The answer is obvious: DRZ400.

thanks for the sugestions. I like the 690 option, i have a KTM exc450 for off road already, thought about an exc500r for the road and offroad but would loose my licence in a week on one, I road a CBR 250 tonight and that's what got me thinking. it was a fun,light , and nimble , you can ride it in the power band or what's there around town for fun and not be risking 50 overs with a twist of the wrist, it handled better than expected. With the Busa for it to be fun it's a heat score every time it gets near read line in anything other than 1st my license is at risk, Will still keep it for riding to the cottage or for longer touring type rides.

Dude: you're already breaking the law in first gear at redline. If you can't keep it legal on the Hayabusa, I dunno why you think you can with a smaller bike, and vice versa.

I had a Ninja 636 as a second bike. Barely rode it. Preferred they Busa instead. Sold the Kawi after a season.

If you're going to get another bike, go dirt. Any other street bike is going to feel a little anemic...unless you get a hardcore litre bike.

... I road a CBR 250 tonight and that's what got me thinking. it was a fun,light , and nimble , you can ride it in the power band or what's there around town for fun and not be risking 50 overs with a twist of the wrist, it handled better than expected. With the Busa for it to be fun it's a heat score every time it gets near read line in anything other than 1st my license is at risk, Will still keep it for riding to the cottage or for longer touring type rides.

If you're looking for fun, fast, nimble and challenging, I'd look for an Aprilia rs125. They're actually bigger than they look.
Most were sold as track only, but there are a few out there that have the street kit.

aprilia+rs+125+white-08

Last edited:
You have a sport bike. Get something completely different.

The FZ-9 (MT-09) is around the corner.

2014-Yamaha-FZ9-13-635x423.jpg

Brampton powersports is already advertising them.

I meant the same thing. If you already have a sport bike, get something totally different. Naked bikes would just be my preference is all.

Brampton powersports is already advertising them.

I meant the same thing. If you already have a sport bike, get something totally different. Naked bikes would just be my preference is all.

I'm curious to ride a bike with an odd # of cylinders, that's why the 3-cyl, 900cc Yamaha has my vote.

Apart from that, something like a Street Triple or Aprilia Tuono also come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom