What rifle should I buy? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What rifle should I buy?

I started out saying "I only need one gun"... Well now, it's more along the lines of... "So many guns, so little $$$/time" :cool: To draw some parallels to you non-gun guys and gals.. It's like wanting a supersport for the track, mx for a bit of fun in the dirt, a tourer for those long distance trips, a caffe racer for downtown posing and so on and so on.. Who wouldn't want a bike for every occasion if he could afford it? ;)

For me it is almost entirely for hunting.

For certain WMUs the 870 reigns, but why would I take a shotgun to hunt deer in a rifle WMU, so .270.
I also don't want to take a rabbit or squirrel with a shotgun... nothing would be left, so 22lr.
Coyote, need under .275 in some WMUs, and might need that 2nd shot... so .223 (or .270, whatever I feel like).
I need a crossbow.
Oh... and the SKS, because why not?

why not indeed!

...although you could take rabbit, grouse, squirrel, etc. with a 12 ga and the appropriate shot size

but don't let that get in the way of choosing pieces for your collection :)

so was I right??

You do it for various types of hunts and I do it for various shooting disciplines, but the premise is the same and the analogy is apt :cool:

I also don't want to take a rabbit or squirrel with a shotgun... nothing would be left, so 22lr.

...although you could take rabbit, grouse, squirrel, etc. with a 12 ga and the appropriate shot size

It sounds to me like someone needs a 20 gauge, just for good measure

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know of a range anywhere in Ontario that has cheap fees and also has camping?

I'm thinking something very rural and/or North, and since it will likely be far from the GTA I don't want to pay too much as I would likely only go there a few times a year. If they had camping available, that would be a huge bonus.

Now, I know some might say just go find crown land to camp and shoot... but if I could find a club that maintains grounds, I don't mind paying a bit, and it would avoid the risk of being accused of poaching or accidentally trespassing (since the crown land atlas is kind of vague).

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know of a range anywhere in Ontario that has cheap fees and also has camping?

I'm thinking something very rural and/or North, and since it will likely be far from the GTA I don't want to pay too much as I would likely only go there a few times a year. If they had camping available, that would be a huge bonus.

Now, I know some might say just go find crown land to camp and shoot... but if I could find a club that maintains grounds, I don't mind paying a bit, and it would avoid the risk of being accused of poaching or accidentally trespassing (since the crown land atlas is kind of vague).

Yes, there is such a thing.....

http://www.dnpaha.org/dnphahome.html

Lol love it when they write an article based on sales brochures. Might be ok for a stationary target with a uniform breeze across the entire field (fat chance), IF you don't jerk it due to the way the trigger operates, but systems like this are nowhere near replacing a skilled human marksman with a $3000-5000 setup for this application. Too many other skills need to be picked up that just dialing in the shot is a very small part of it and learning that skill is a lot cheaper than $12-14,000 :cool:

http://arstechnica.c...the-real-world/

this would be the gun you need, 1000yd shots with 90%? accuracy first round fired. Thats about twice the distance of a normal restraining order........just sayin.......

Nothing new. The interceptor rifle comes with a pda that does all the calculations. This one is a bit more advanced, but what's the fun in that?

have you guys heard about the gun grab by the RCMP?

I broke down and went restricted.. For competition use the ergonomics were just superior :cool:
raMNIhd.jpg

I couldn't force myself to buy anything restricted these days. As evidenced by the events of the last 72 hours, its far too easy for them to take your gun away. Elimination of the LGR is a golden opportunity.

I couldn't force myself to buy anything restricted these days. As evidenced by the events of the last 72 hours, its far too easy for them to take your gun away. Elimination of the LGR is a golden opportunity.

Restricted, non-restricted, it doesn't matter. They'll confiscate, law abiding gun owners will obey the law and the streets won't be any safer.

The Swiss Arms was non-restricted...the RCMP have made everything up for grabs.

What next? Tavors, shotguns, bolt-actions...

The Swiss Arms was non-restricted...the RCMP have made everything up for grabs.

What next? Tavors, shotguns, bolt-actions...

Exactly.. You don't know exactly what they're gonna go for and can't really predict it. Might as well give up all your guns. Or, just shoot what you want and deal with the fallout as it comes. Doesn't look like the Cons are gonna do anything to protect the most law-abiding segment of our society. I hope they prove me wrong, but...

Restricted, non-restricted, it doesn't matter. They'll confiscate, law abiding gun owners will obey the law and the streets won't be any safer.

The difference is that with restricted, your name is in the books and they're coming to your door. With NR, it's up to you to volunteer your property to them. Individuals will have to decide for themselves... I haven't thought about it too hard because I don't have anything that is likely to be prohibited any time soon.

I finally went for my Restricted....goddamn this paperword is taking too long. I have a Kimber 1911 on layaway for targets, maybe competition

The difference is that with restricted, your name is in the books and they're coming to your door. With NR, it's up to you to volunteer your property to them. Individuals will have to decide for themselves... I haven't thought about it too hard because I don't have anything that is likely to be prohibited any time soon.

Well, there are sufficient rumor's that the LGR is still out there, albeit outdated. Considering the RCMP doesn't follow the laws, I find it hard to believe they will actually follow the law to turf the registry.

Back
Top Bottom