what kind of worthless **** hole is this...called 4 places, none can do same-day tire | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

what kind of worthless **** hole is this...called 4 places, none can do same-day tire

I architect and administer servers and networks - do I like working extra hours? Not usually, but I do it without complaint on the regular...especially when it is a customer for my own business.

I can change tires myself but people who do it all day for money are better at it and I have no problem acknowledging this and using their services. Something as simple as a tire change should not need to be planned a day in advance, but evidently here the entitlement and laziness of people makes it necessary.

So other people's planned service work should be bumped or the shop is lazy?

Wolf BMW in London apparently gives service priority and a loaner option to customers that bought the BMW bike from them. I wish more shops would do that.

If you prefer not to work on your bike yourself, why not find a good local shop and develop a rapport with them? I'm sure if you were a "regular" they might be willing to squeeze you in.

Too many people these days are shopping around for the "best deal". Then when they need service, they can't understand why they have to stand in line.

I do most of my own work and when I need something done that I can't do myself, there are a couple local guys that I go to. I would never expect them to put their regulars on the back burner.

So other people's planned service work should be bumped or the shop is lazy?
Yeah, wondering who's the lazy one in his statement. I know who it is.

Do you call the grocery store a day in advance and make sure they have what you want?

Why not? You didn't just run out of groceries in a single day!?
Great comparison.

Try kijiji. Don't know about your area but around here there's at least one guy who does cheap tire changes if you bring him the wheel. He also used to do mobile service from inside a trailer... not sure if he still does.

I got tired of mechanics and picked up my own tire changing equipment. A lot of shops grossly overcharge you for it anyway.

OP, I understand your frustration and where it comes from. We own automobiles that are serviced in a certain way, we automatically assume our motorcycles will be subjected to the same standards. But it's not - there is a multitude of factors which contribute to this, which I'm not going to get into here.

I just wanted to say that I do understand. It was a surprise for me to, but you just need to understand and adjust.

Interestingly, VisorDown did an article about "10 things they don't tell you about motorcycling". I read through it, and my first thought was "I wish someone told me about booking maintenance/service" - and this was not part of the article.

It's very normal across the board to get no commitment, and them telling you to drop your bike off, and we'll call you when it's ready.

It's not you, it's not your area. As you can see from the replies, it motivates a lot of people to learn/complete their own maintenance.

Hang in there, you're not alone. YouTube is a lot of help... and we're here to help you as well (serious questions get serious answers)!

If you prefer not to work on your bike yourself, why not find a good local shop and develop a rapport with them? I'm sure if you were a "regular" they might be willing to squeeze you in.

Too many people these days are shopping around for the "best deal". Then when they need service, they can't understand why they have to stand in line.

I do most of my own work and when I need something done that I can't do myself, there are a couple local guys that I go to. I would never expect them to put their regulars on the back burner.

I'll do whatever it takes for loyal customers; but when joe blow inevitably rolls in/calls on Friday @3pm; or calls and wants appointment asap, even though I've never seen them before .... Thanks, but no thanks. We do quite well; I'll leave the race to the bottom for someone else

It's who you know. And who you are helps.

2 places had a tire in stock, none could do a simple one-wheel tire change with most of a day's notice.

Shops up here (in the KW area) are mickey mouse as ****, oh how I yearn to be back in civilization

Those bastards! How dare they not bend heaven and earth to get YOUR tire changed...unacceptable! They should bump everyone else so that you can keep riding, the hell with the others.

I'm genuinely amazed at how the bike industry stays afloat. I've had a bike at a popular shop since February, with minor updates spread out months apart.

I recently had a fairly simple electrical issue with another bike that I didn't have time to diagnose myself, most shops gave me a 3-4 week timeframe to look at it. Ended up fixing it myself.

I'm genuinely amazed at how the bike industry stays afloat. I've had a bike at a popular shop since February, with minor updates spread out months apart.

I recently had a fairly simple electrical issue with another bike that I didn't have time to diagnose myself, most shops gave me a 3-4 week timeframe to look at it. Ended up fixing it myself.

It is IMO unethical to hold onto a customer's bike when it is in riding condition and the service is for a cosmetic defect. It's good for the shop in that they know they have work down the line but the rider could lose the best of the season. The bike is also subject to constant moving in and out of the shop, sun or rain. Tire kickers also play vroom vroom and who knows where the extra few scratches came from.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom