What full face helmet do you have? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What full face helmet do you have?

Shark RSR2 was my fav. Did its job in a crash. Tried the Race-R as a replacement and loved it except it didn't fit quite right for my noggin. Def recommend it if it fits you.
Using a HJC RPHA 10 now and would recommend it
HJC FG on the track and it's decent as a lower priced option.

Don't the RPHA and FG fit differently? I found the RPHA was a little more oval than the FG

Both fit me well. Diff model years could fit different.

I'm looking around for another lid to match my cruiser. Solid gloss or matte black as my others are too sporty.

Last edited:
Royal has a tent sale at the moment

Went to royal today. Pretty disappointed with what was in stock on the shelves. I'm talking inside the store not in the tents. I tried on a bunch of helmets that were mentioned. Didn't find anything I really liked. The arai was very comfortable but the visor going up and down felt poorly made especially with a price tag of close to $800.00. I think it was the arai or shoei that had the speaker inserts in the helmets shell, that was awesome. I didn't see the new icon airframe pro ghost there. I was really looking forward to checking that helmet out. Too bad they don't sell Suomy don't feel like going all the way to GP to get let down again. Anyone know where else they sell Suomy SR sport. If not I'll make the trip to GP. Also might go check out on the higher price range end the AGV pista gp. That's where I'm standing right now. Still no helmet but have my top choices in mind. Still have to get my hands on them all to try them on first also

Note to self don't bring the wife next time because she couldn't believe how high the price tags were on some helmets.

Last edited:
Went to royal today. Pretty disappointed with what was in stock on the shelves. I'm talking inside the store not in the tents. I tried on a bunch of helmets that were mentioned. Didn't find anything I really liked. The arai was very comfortable but the visor going up and down felt poorly made especially with a price tag of close to $800.00. I think it was the arai or shoei that had the speaker inserts in the helmets shell, that was awesome. I didn't see the new icon airframe pro ghost there. I was really looking forward to checking that helmet out. Too bad they don't sell Suomy don't feel like going all the way to GP to get let down again. Anyone know where else they sell Suomy SR sport. If not I'll make the trip to GP. Also might go check out on the higher price range end the AGV pista gp. That's where I'm standing right now. Still no helmet but have my top choices in mind. Still have to get my hands on them all to try them on first also

Note to self don't bring the wife next time because she couldn't believe how high the price tags were on some helmets.
RC stocks the high end AGV stuff

Arai's visor mechanism is a bit odd.But once you use it for a bit,all the others seem inferior.And changing a visor with an Arai is a breeze.

I have an Icon airframe ghost carbon and a HJC RPHA10.... I like them both but the RPHA 10 better.....
The airframe has amazing air flow but that comes at the cost of wind noise obviously. The RPHA 10 does also have
good venting/airflow but it also has good wind/sound blocking capability. I found the Icon padding also packs-in works in more than the HJC so make sure to go for a snugger than normal fit I found.

I have an Icon airframe ghost carbon and a HJC RPHA10.... I like them both but the RPHA 10 better.....
The airframe has amazing air flow but that comes at the cost of wind noise obviously. The RPHA 10 does also have
good venting/airflow but it also has good wind/sound blocking capability. I found the Icon padding also packs-in works in more than the HJC so make sure to go for a snugger than normal fit I found.

Where did you purchase the airframe from? I don't want to order a helmet online because I want to try it on first. I get hot really easy so the high air flow won't bother me from the airframe . Also being a bit load is good. I like to be able to hear the bike while listening to music. I don't like the hjc lids because when I have the visor cracked open half way the visor lock will be in the way of my view. I just see that bothering me. To each their own.

Arai's visor mechanism is a bit odd.But once you use it for a bit,all the others seem inferior.And changing a visor with an Arai is a breeze.

I think I like the visor setup on my FG-17 more than my Arai Signet Q's setup. HJC's visor latch system seems more "deterministic" than Arai's (which seems kind of hit & miss to me, hidden as it is behind those side-panels) and I prefer the centrally-located latch on the HJC to the left-side "nub" on the Arai.

The Arai, however, is a far-superior fit on my head, has better aero and is quieter.

Where did you purchase the airframe from? I don't want to order a helmet online because I want to try it on first. I get hot really easy so the high air flow won't bother me from the airframe . Also being a bit load is good. I like to be able to hear the bike while listening to music. I don't like the hjc lids because when I have the visor cracked open half way the visor lock will be in the way of my view. I just see that bothering me. To each their own.

I bought my airframe from Brampton power sports when I bought my bike. But other places like GP Bikes also sell them

I don't like the hjc lids because when I have the visor cracked open half way the visor lock will be in the way of my view. I just see that bothering me. To each their own.

I have three RPHA-10s. One of the better helmet values out there, as long as it fits.

To me, "cracked open" means just that: a crack. In this position, the visor latch isn't a distraction. With the visor one position above half, again not a distraction. I don't find it necessary to ever run half open.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom