What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 81 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Re: What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2015

Went and bought street bodywork for your track bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, it was ordered years ago, back then for my street/track bike :)

Wouldn't it make sense to sell the good condition street bodywork and get some used track bodywork? Surely you'd be left with extra cash to buy some carbon rotors.

Today I:
- put the front wheel back on (put a new D211 on the other day and mounted rain scrubs to my spare wheels)
- removed the OEM start/stop switch and beeped out the wires to prepare for a new, narrower Motion Pro switch so I can move my brake beside the throttle (will finish that tomorrow night)
- adjusted the ride height front and rear back to stock height since this bike has been way too high since I got it

So with the suspension I put the shock maybe 1mm longer than stock, but reduced it by 4mm from what it was, and the forks are also nearly 4mm lower. Huge change, but I wanted to basically baseline it and start setting it up for me from there. It's always handled pretty well, but it was just too tall for me.

Put 'B' motor in. Installed Graves slide stops and Graves PC map. 'A' motor will get tranny rebuilt over winter.

Put 'B' motor in. Installed Graves slide stops and Graves PC map. 'A' motor will get tranny rebuilt over winter.

You win. LOL...

You win. LOL...

The good news is the new (used) motor pulls well and no perceivable flat spots in the power curve. Wasn't sure what to expect from the slide stops and the generic Graves map. Bike appears to have better throttle response with the slide stops.

Adjusted the QS settings and it shifts nice and smooth. Currently at 75ms. At WOT high RPM shifts it seems to work.

What's everybody using for quickshifters? How good is the Annitori QS Pro?

I have a PC3 with the quickshifter module. I've never adjusted it as it was set up before I got my bike. I've never had any phantom shifts or missed shifts, unless I go for 7th gear on the back straight at Mosport. :p

I'd rather just get the PCV QS but I have to get a Quickshifter Expansion Module, the QS sensor and a proper size rod. I'd rather just get something with a bit more features if it's going to be the same price at the end.

Just got off the phone with Tony he's speaking very highly of the Healtech QS. Anyone with first hand experience?

We have this on the Endurance bike, once we got the sensitivity sorted it hasn't given us any problems.

We have this on the Endurance bike, once we got the sensitivity sorted it hasn't given us any problems.
That's another thing, I don't want an overly complicated system, I hear too many complaints/issues about QS and want to avoid them at all costs. The HM Lite is looking real nice right now.

Last edited:

We are using that on the Endurance bike, no issues except that we setup the wrong cut times between 2nd and 3rd but that was my fault, we changed the setting and it works flawlessly

Edit: Jay already answered

I also have the Bazzaz System on my Superbike and it has always worked perfectly as well as the TC, never an issue, this would be my recommendation.

Last edited:

We are using that on the Endurance bike, no issues except that we setup the wrong cut times between 2nd and 3rd but that was my fault, we changed the setting and it works flawlessly

Edit: Jay already answered

I also have the Bazzaz System on my Superbike and it has always worked perfectly as well as the TC, never an issue, this would be my recommendation.

Damn it! Really need to do a bit more "research" before I pull the trigger on one. Thanks for the feedback boys!

If you want to spend a thousand then go for the Bazzaz with QS and TC, if you want to spend around 400 then go for the Annitori. It all depends on the features/electronics you want.

Also with the Bazzaz you can purchase a toggle button and switch between Maps as the system allows you to save 2 maps.

I am sure others have different opinions.

Damn it! Really need to do a bit more "research" before I pull the trigger on one. Thanks for the feedback boys!

Last edited:

My buddy didn't have good luck with his Bazzaz set up, it kind of turned me off. Just need a reliable QS system.

My buddy didn't have good luck with his Bazzaz set up, it kind of turned me off. Just need a reliable QS system.
Right now you just want that, but you are about to start racing, so in a little while you may want more, just something to think about.

I know during rain races I turn my TC up a couple of notches and it helps me a lot, but again you may just want to get a simple QS and that is it.

Right now you just want that, but you are about to start racing, so in a little while you may want more, just something to think about.

I know during rain races I turn my TC up a couple of notches and it helps me a lot, but again you may just want to get a simple QS and that is it.
I don't even have a QS.

I don't even have a QS.
Yea yea, Jay used to say the same thing and now he loves it lol.

Back
Top Bottom