What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 65 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Any problems if I go without the snorkels? There's absolutely no way they will fit with this bodywork. I'm not sure what make it is but it was cheap and used twice on an 06 GSXR600. I was told 06 and 07 GSXR 600 and 750 had the same bodywork but I guess not. Thanks for the tips Meme!

may be able to cut them down and reshape with fiberglass as required. A bit extra work, but it'll make sure you still have the ram air effect

We ran our '03 all last year without the intake tubes. Fueled fine but bike was slow. No way to know if it would have been just as slow with the tubes installed.

Need a backup 600 but I'm already swamped with bike work. My garage from today... there's 8 bikes and boxes of spares in there. :/ Got the 600 prepped yesterday and ran it for a while, the 1000 needs a couple little things that I'll handle next week (need some bolts for the subframe). Changed the oil in pretty much everything and the batteries are topped up. Put new tires on the Tuono and a new battery (old one lasted 8 years!)

20150412094311-9c3374b6-me.jpg

2 hours and I'm out for a ride.

Any problems if I go without the snorkels? There's absolutely no way they will fit with this bodywork. I'm not sure what make it is but it was cheap and used twice on an 06 GSXR600. I was told 06 and 07 GSXR 600 and 750 had the same bodywork but I guess not. Thanks for the tips Meme!

Run it with the snorkels, they'll fit. The snorkels should be in the bodwork beofre you try and mount it (just incase you didn't do this) and make sure you have the right one in the right side/orientation.

I'd rather do anything mechanical instead of fitting bodywork.

They had the exact same body work. I ran the same bike as you ('07 750) with two different brands of fiberglass and the OEM snorkels always fit. Something is wrong. I'm going to make a guess that your upper fairing mounts are not located or drilled properly, making the uppers swivel either too far up or down.

Thanks again for all the advice! We tried to put the snorkels in the bodywork first but there was no way they would fit. They would need to be about half the size. And Dave verified that I was trying the correct one on the correct side and correct direction, etc.... I'll run it without. If my bike is slow it'll be me to blame not the lack of air intakes :rolleyes:. Bodywork is on nice and tight and looks good. Thanks to DoozerDave for all the help!

Post a picture if you don't mind and try to look for any stickers on the inside of the bodywork. The ram air tubes fit 100% perfectly with my Sharkskinz bodywork. There's even a couple of screws that hold them to the upper.

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to post a picture that is big enough to see. It wants me to post something really small. No stickers on the insides...

There's no way I can slide this brake lever guard any further than this:

17128564375_fe441520cb.jpg

I pulled on it a few times to try and pull it off the bar and it stayed put, spins around with some force but won't come off the bar. Good to go or what?

I actually don't want it, if anybody is interested - $70 ($130 at BSR) and it's yours. Just put it on the bike 20 minutes ago and it's coming off.

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the advice! We tried to put the snorkels in the bodywork first but there was no way they would fit. They would need to be about half the size. And Dave verified that I was trying the correct one on the correct side and correct direction, etc.... I'll run it without. If my bike is slow it'll be me to blame not the lack of air intakes :rolleyes:. Bodywork is on nice and tight and looks good. Thanks to DoozerDave for all the help!
Really odd that they won't fit. Were they the original snorkels that were on the bike under the oem fairings or did you buy them? just curious if someone sold you the wrong ones.

And ensure there is free play so the gas does not get stuck open! get the Dion Device

Mina it won't work unless you move your starter switch or get longer bars

This used to be my signature, but Paulo didn't like it.

And ensure there is free play so the gas does not get stuck open! get the Dion Device

Room on the brake side bar is real limited. When the time comes and I'm ready to go racing, I'll find another solution. In the mean time it's for sale. $70 takes it!

Tore down the forks and put new oil and correct springs. Made some new fork spring spacers. Got the shock back from Condor and put it back in.

Went to lowes and bought some lumber and turned the back wall of the garage into a big *** shelving unit. It's hilarious how cheap you can build shelving vs buying a shelving unit.

Really odd that they won't fit. Were they the original snorkels that were on the bike under the oem fairings or did you buy them? just curious if someone sold you the wrong ones.

They're the OEM snorkels. The problem is definitely with the bodywork. The inner sections of the upper that holds the snorkels are way too narrow. The right side snorkel does go in, but it's so tight that it's very hard to get it in the right position. Some creative carving might be in order.

Room on the brake side bar is real limited. When the time comes and I'm ready to go racing, I'll find another solution. In the mean time it's for sale. $70 takes it!
Post a pic of the whole setup. Just curious

Back
Top Bottom