What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

It sure adds a mess of wiring under there going between all 8 injectors the coils and crank sensor.

The "advanced" or "pro" (can't remember what it's called) TC map that's on the newest software actually works quite well. You'll probably find a few tweaks that can be made but you said you weren't much of a tire spinner before so it will probably interfere very little. I'd suggest getting the light to indicate the TC is working, it really helps to let you know if it's actually working and helps with tuning. It's blue and bright enough that you can see it in your peripheral vision while riding.

I'm going to pick up the handlebar switch today or tomorrow.. I'll get that too.

I'm going to pick up the handlebar switch today or tomorrow.. I'll get that too.

The switch is also a very good tool. With that and the mapping that it comes with you almost don't have to mess with anything on a laptop. I always bring mine just incase so if you need it just ask.

Ran a ZVMX 520 chain before. Suppose to be a 'heavy-duty' 520 chain. Found it didn't wear any better than the previous regular D.I.D. chain.

Picked up a ERV3 this time. Changed up gearing slightly as well. Originally -1/0, now -1/+1.

sprockets.png

I bought a BremBO! front master off a 07 R1 to put on my 2005 cbr600rr.

I took the cover off and gazed lovingly at my bike for about 30 s. It has been 100% completely track ready for over a month. Weather has not complied. If May 10 weather sucks as bad as each prior potential track date has this year, I am going to seriously consider taking up fishing.

Final colour sprayed and bodywork came out good. Just needs to be cleared now and harden up. Picked up a 520 conversion and going -1/+1 this year (ran stock stuff last year) and looking forward to the change. Dave set me up with some more GPA's as well.

yeah, like saying "I'm never drinking again". See you at the track...

I took the cover off and gazed lovingly at my bike for about 30 s. It has been 100% completely track ready for over a month. Weather has not complied. If May 10 weather sucks as bad as each prior potential track date has this year, I am going to seriously consider taking up fishing.

Who/where is running May 10?

Could I retrofit my Bazzaz ZFi TC with the new Gauge sensor? do you know?

I do not know, sorry.
Found the answer

We have been waiting quite some time for this to come out. if you currently have a qs from bazzaz, you now have the option to have both std. and reverse qs capability with one sensor.

If you are looking at purchasing a qs kit from bazzaz in the future, you can now order it with this sensor.

I can promise you that these will stay sold out for quite a while, so if you are looking to grab one of these contact us ASAP to get on this list!

Universal, Strain Gage Quickshift, for the Z-Fi TC and QS4 USB.

Notes:
Ultra-precise strain gauge technology
Microprocessor controlled
Adjustable Sensitivity
No moving parts, for excellent durability and feel
Functions in GP or standard shift patterns
Can retrofit to replace any Bazzaz shift switch
Now, only one part # for each application. No more asking customers “reverse or standard shift pattern?”

Installed my Tech-spec, my Podium Racing rear sets, set-up my Ducati Performance quick shifter. Installed my R1 throttle tube and added red pinstripes to the wheels for a little decoration.
Still waiting on my WM handlebar switches and my new Renthal Kevlar grips.....
Now all we need is some good weather, I'm doing Racer5 Level 5 on the 22nd and the long range forecast is calling for 22 and sunny !!!

People need to post some pics, with this crappy weather still hanging around some track bike pics would be nice to look at.

Ha! Everything done except for slipper clutch but have no electrical. Clarington Cycle can figure that out, I give. However I'm happy with the progress, other than snapping the master cylinder mount. Happy early birthday to me I guess!

Switched Swingarm and mounted wheels. Replaced chain and tank. Motion Pro installed and new brake pads. Clutch lever and rear set replaced, new master needed now to replace fr brake lever. It was a productive 12 hours, I can't find the tank pivot pin but not even bothered by that right now.

Last edited:
People need to post some pics, with this crappy weather still hanging around some track bike pics would be nice to look at.

There
Got it back from Z1 with a customer map
QuickShifter issue solved

The UCRPL1000 is finally ready to go.

Jay and I also got the endurance bike ready to go

10331766_10154069334060328_402388263_n.jpg

Awesome! Looks good Paulo.

Gsxxy got some new numbers and NAFTA got some new decals.

14099917895_c0bba0b812_k.jpg

13913267557_e5c258cf8a_k.jpg

Thundercats!!!

What I did...
Finished Bazzaz install, new air filter and spark plugs, filled the rad and finished the safety wiring, mounted up the old bodywork, took er for a spin around the block a few times just to make sure everything is working normally, then swapped out the rain rear for an old tire slick.

Tomorrow we're going to Condor for some dyno time.

Still have to prime and paint the new bodywork.

IMG_02021.jpg

Yep! I was inspired by the Marc VDS Moto2 team logo but didn't want to steal theirs.

To you "test" the Bazzaz with some heavy handedness?

Awesome! Looks good Paulo.

Gsxxy got some new numbers and NAFTA got some new decals.
Nice, they are looking good, know I know what to look at when you go pass by me ;)

I now officially can say I am done.
Installed the Dion Device
Installed the metal mesh screen on the oil radiator.
Put the body work back on
..and still a week to spare :agave:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom