What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 167 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Went to start the bike up and maybe go for a quick boot around the neighbourhood.

Tick tick tick tick tick….brand new battery down to 11.55V 🤬 (bike says 11).

A few attempts to bump start it with no luck. Took the battery out, and of course the battery bolt nut falls down somewhere.

FML.

Battery on trickle now.
1713272902668.png

I'm so OCD, I would not be able to leave until I FOUND that bolt.
I just assume it’ll fall out eventually.

I was terrified that I found tiny ball bearings under the bike…then I remembered I took apart a table saw last winter….

At least you didn't find this
Screenshot_20240416-110211.jpg

At least you didn't find this
View attachment 67201
I had that problem.

A friend recommended Bounce dryer sheets. I think they helped but the little buggers found a spot way in the back.

Last year I took small pieces cloth and soaked it with peppermint oil and stuffed it back there. I also sprayed the underside of the bike with rodent repellent, including the wheels and tires.

All clear this season, thankfully.

I had that problem.

A friend recommended Bounce dryer sheets. I think they helped but the little buggers found a spot way in the back.

Last year I took small pieces cloth and soaked it with peppermint oil and stuffed it back there. I also sprayed the underside of the bike with rodent repellent, including the wheels and tires.

All clear this season, thankfully.
I like mikes idea of gassing them every month. Even if they move in, they all die. A non-cat vehicle has about 3% CO in the exhaust. CO levels over 1% kill mice in five minutes or so. A 500cc bike at 1500 rpm will pump out something like 20 cfm of exhaust. To get a 20x20x8 garage to 1% would take something like 60 minutes with that bike running. Then you need to hold it there for another 10 minutes to make sure you got them (and to account for leaks). Obviously you need more bikes (or more cc's or more throttle or more rpm) running in that size garage if you want to get the time down.

I like mikes idea of gassing them every month. Even if they move in, they all die. A non-cat vehicle has about 3% CO in the exhaust. CO levels over 1% kill mice in five minutes or so. A 500cc bike at 1500 rpm will pump out something like 20 cfm of exhaust. To get a 20x20x8 garage to 1% would take something like 60 minutes with that bike running. Then you need to hold it there for another 10 minutes to make sure you got them (and to account for leaks). Obviously you need more bikes (or more cc's or more throttle or more rpm) running in that size garage if you want to get the time down.
Won't work for me. 60X40 pole barn open to the peak. Too much air movement too.

I've added a ceiling over the bike storage/work space with a wall on 2 sides, mostly to keep bird droppings off the bikes. I may enclose the space though.

Better there than in your airbox, like my friend's ZX-7.
True.

This was not my bike.
But my buddy did say the wiring was chewed on.

Got the door and window trim on and some helmet and jacket shelving up. Big shout out to mp and his dad for the drywall, painting and framing. Got to get the last of the junk out but it's looking good.
4ad64d5a1cef26f9d8381f8140510507.jpg

Sent from the future

Taking the Dragonfly out again tomorrow. The garage is getting too small.
Something has to go.20240420_204021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom