What Are You Currently Listening To? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Are You Currently Listening To?

Eh Griff I keep listening to that song you posted a page ago. Does that vocalist have any solo work?

That's Karin Dreijer Andersson. She has put out her own solo albums under the name "Fever Ray", and she also performs with her brother in a duo called "The Knife". Or did. I think shes retired to do the motherhood thing for a while. Very private, very reclusive.

Her work is hit and miss for me. She's like Bjork. Some interesting stuff, some stuff very hard to listen too. Mostly electronica.

My favorite from Fever Ray are Keep the Streets Empty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BupxLGDhNkM and maybe Triangle Walks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22uuQ8KzSAE.

The Knife also had https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjwqXwyzNU

Serious question:
So when you guys with these nicer home systems listen to music do you just sit down and put on one record and listen to it? I kinda picture it like the old maxell ad's. I ask because I've always mixed records and haven't actually just listened to a whole album start to finish since I was like 10, with the exception of Bob Marley.
maxwell-blown-away.jpg

Sometimes yeah, I do. I'll usually make myself a drink or light a cigar, chill on my couch and listen.

I often get lazy with records though, especially, those damn double disc ones so instead of listening to Side A, Side B, Side C, Side D, repeat I'll listen to Side A, Side A, Side A, Side B, Side B, etc. LOL

Sometimes yeah, I do. I'll usually make myself a drink or light a cigar, chill on my couch and listen.

I often get lazy with records though, especially, those damn double disc ones so instead of listening to Side A, Side B, Side C, Side D, repeat I'll listen to Side A, Side A, Side A, Side B, Side B, etc. LOL

If the record is good, the whole side man. You suffer from digital-itis.

BB

If the record is good, the whole side man. You suffer from digital-itis.

BB

Yeah, I know. I actually prefer a single disc at 33 RPM over a double disc at 45 RPM.......less switching and I can't hear the supposed difference in quality. What can I say, I've been spoiled by the convenience of digital......it's hard going back now.

mom is looking for a record player and nice speakers. Maybe just two. I love my mom but I don't want to spend $1000, haha. Looking for any suggestions.

I used to be into the whole audiophile thing, especially cans but I realized my ears aren't that sensitive so I just stick a really old school sony hifi setup and spotify.

I wouldn't really go cheaper than something like the Audio-Technica LP120 or Pro-Ject Essential, then you're looking at an amp, speakers, pre-amp.......adds up real fast. You could probably get some sort of an all in one combo setup for less but there goes any kind of upgrade path. Might wanna check Kijiji. Once in a while someone is unloading a full system for decent $

Anyone have good recommendations for mp3s with big storage? My ipod isthe revamped classic version and has 120 (or 160 gigs) but it's hard drive is failing so I'm looking for something new with similar amounts of space.

Anyone have good recommendations for mp3s with big storage? My ipod isthe revamped classic version and has 120 (or 160 gigs) but it's hard drive is failing so I'm looking for something new with similar amounts of space.
Depends. While not just mp3 I have a Samsung phone which allows for microsd up to 64gb. It's the only larger than current I pod option I know of :dontknow:

I would get a good basic Turntable bike a Pro-ject or a Rega.
When I was shopping for turntables about a year ago it was between the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and Rega RP1 (or possibly the RP3). Ended up getting the Pro-ject and I have the upgraded Acrylic platter for it now. Pretty solid turntable. That's a good entry point but even those are in the $400-500 range. The RP3 would have been $1000+. This hobby ain't cheap.

When I was shopping for turntables about a year ago it was between the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and Rega RP1 (or possibly the RP3). Ended up getting the Pro-ject and I have the upgraded Acrylic platter for it now. Pretty solid turntable. That's a good entry point but even those are in the $400-500 range. The RP3 would have been $1000+. This hobby ain't cheap.

Try this table for size, without the arm $8850 US, with SME 345, add $3500...

Made in canada.

1210oracle.1.jpg

Depends. While not just mp3 I have a Samsung phone which allows for microsd up to 64gb. It's the only larger than current I pod option I know of :dontknow:
I've got a Samsung as well. I just hate the idea of killing the battery of the phone in case I'm out and need it for an emergency.

I was looking at the Fiio but I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on it

Back
Top Bottom