Well I think I'm done with street SS bikes... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well I think I'm done with street SS bikes...

Man I'm only37 and I was done with SS on the street when I was in my mid 20's
Amazing bikes, fast, look great, handle great, commute like garbage.

I'm a huge fan of the super nakeds. Pretty much everything an SS has to offer but built for actual road riding and commuting. Long rides to boot.

You playing games with yourself in your head. Ditch the SS, get any super naked. You will not be disappointed

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I'm a huge fan of the super nakeds. Pretty much everything an SS has to offer but built for actual road riding and commuting. Long rides to boot.

You playing games with yourself in your head. Ditch the SS, get any super naked. You will not be disappointed

Genuinely curious, which all SSs did you ride back then?

Given GTA insurance, we can't afford SS insurance till 30 yo these days.

Never had an SS ... Never will. Naked / half faired bikes 1000 cc + is where its at. My current Street Triple R is pretty fun too, just need to get used to revving the engine more.

Agreed. had 4 SS, last one was even a 2010 gsxr1000 with a corbin, probably one of the comfiest superbikes.
Still as soon as i got my speed triple 1050, wow what a difference. Not just the ergonomics but the suspension was much more plush.
Cornered better than the gixxer due to tire dimensions. missing the top end but the down low and midrange are awesome, plus that sweet triple sound.
plus i'm paying 1400 a year for insurance.

get a naked or supernaked.

1998 zx-7 (for 3 months as it was my friends bike)
And for 2 years 1999 gsx-r600

All the other bikes I rode before or after were old 80's street bikes until a few years ago when I jumped at an FZ09 (2015) when I had the chance. Looking at a Turno or slSuperduke soon (not sure what I want more) as I do like the MT10 spec wise I cant stand they way it looks.

The thing is I commute within the GTA and like going for all day rides when I can. The two years with the suzuki were painful for the longer rides, and while the bike was incredibly fun when you could open it up, most of the time I'd be stuck in traffic or not moving around quick enough to really enjoy it.

I'd always pick my 750f for longer rides ,but man oh man did you feel the lack of power. I just plain hated the way the zx just felt. It was like someone designed that bike to not fit me right at all.

Now mind you I'm 6'2 and 230 lbs so most ss bikes suck for me right off the bat.

But this FZ I'm on now? 2nd gear 100kph, hammer the throttle and its mega wheelie time. Corners alright but would do much better with a suspension upgrade. While that bike is real quick it's not super fast top end wise. That's why I'm looking to upgrade. Other then that I wouldn't be thinking of another bike right now.

I think you might owe it to yourself to get your bike to a track day if you haven't already. Probably the best place to appreciate your current ride.

try asian women next time instead of ladyboys

Push up bras + padding + contouring don't count. Also, way to project your insecurity!

How much is SS insurance now? I was able to get an 08 GSXR750 insured for $1300 5 years ago at 25 at Statefarm.

The SS is meant to take full advantage of tracks. Comfort must be the last thing the designers consider when they make SS.

油井緋色;2590793 said:
How much is SS insurance now? I was able to get an 08 GSXR750 insured for $1300 5 years ago at 25 at Statefarm.

Those SF days are long gone. SF doesn't even underwrite SS anymore after Desjardins bought them.

Under 30 and licensed for less than 6 years, even for 600cc we're looking at 4k per year. After 30, it drops down close to what you were paying 5 years ago. Slightly more now, given an increase in payouts past couple years.

1998 zx-7 (for 3 months as it was my friends bike)
And for 2 years 1999 gsx-r600

All the other bikes I rode before or after were old 80's street bikes until a few years ago when I jumped at an FZ09 (2015) when I had the chance. Looking at a Turno or slSuperduke soon (not sure what I want more) as I do like the MT10 spec wise I cant stand they way it looks.

The thing is I commute within the GTA and like going for all day rides when I can. The two years with the suzuki were painful for the longer rides, and while the bike was incredibly fun when you could open it up, most of the time I'd be stuck in traffic or not moving around quick enough to really enjoy it.

I'd always pick my 750f for longer rides ,but man oh man did you feel the lack of power. I just plain hated the way the zx just felt. It was like someone designed that bike to not fit me right at all.

Now mind you I'm 6'2 and 230 lbs so most ss bikes suck for me right off the bat.

But this FZ I'm on now? 2nd gear 100kph, hammer the throttle and its mega wheelie time. Corners alright but would do much better with a suspension upgrade. While that bike is real quick it's not super fast top end wise. That's why I'm looking to upgrade. Other then that I wouldn't be thinking of another bike right now.

I think you might owe it to yourself to get your bike to a track day if you haven't already. Probably the best place to appreciate your current ride.

The fz09 is speed limited to 225kmh, it reaches that with no problems. Not sure why you need something faster top end wise on the street., a flash removes the limiter but it’s kinda pointless.

My MV F4 is $1500 a year full coverage and I dont find that too bad. However that has nothing to do with it. I just need more comfort and the ability to travel. I have my bike up for sale or trade so I'm sure the right person will come around at some point...

F3 with minimal coverage $740

:I like my fairings on a street bike.

I am paying less on insurance than most of you guys that have naked/sport touring bikes. I did observe that by strength training, you do not feel fatigue on sport bikes. Sport bikes with full fairings are just too pretty to look at.

of course, IMO.

I am paying less on insurance than most of you guys that have naked/sport touring bikes. I did observe that by strength training, you do not feel fatigue on sport bikes. Sport bikes with full fairings are just too pretty to look at.

of course, IMO.

The looks aren't the issue, they feel like torture racks ;)

The fz09 is speed limited to 225kmh, it reaches that with no problems. Not sure why you need something faster top end wise on the street., a flash removes the limiter but it’s kinda pointless.
I'm very aware of that. I stand by what I said

Fairings are not a fashion accessory, they are what makes you and the bike wind slippery. If your fairing is designed well it reduces wind drag, less drag means you go faster and further on less fuel. Wind is the enemy on a motorcycle it attacks your performance and your comfort, wind pressure against your helmet and chest can literally induce a pain in your neck, arms and shoulders. If a SS is torture to ride for you, get a sport-touring bike that has been designed with the aid of a wind tunnel (with a rider on the bike in a normal upright seating position) it won't win any races but it will perform with greater comfort and eat up miles of highway with ease. ... Plus when the cops see you they won't immediately presume you are street racing ;)

... it's impractical to make a motorcycles top speed faster by removing a rev limiter, you need to reduce drag and change the gearing to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Fairings are not a fashion accessory, they are what makes you and the bike wind slippery. If your fairing is designed well it reduces wind drag, less drag means you go faster and further on less fuel. Wind is the enemy on a motorcycle it attacks your performance and your comfort, wind pressure against your helmet and chest can literally induce a pain in your neck, arms and shoulders. If a SS is torture to ride for you, get a sport-touring bike that has been designed with the aid of a wind tunnel (with a rider on the bike in a normal upright seating position) it won't win any races but it will perform with greater comfort and eat up miles of highway with ease. ... Plus when the cops see you they won't immediately presume you are street racing ;)

... it's impractical to make a motorcycles top speed faster by removing a rev limiter, you need to reduce drag and change the gearing to take advantage of it.

But it feels so good to ride and have wind in your face / chest....

But it feels so good to ride and have wind in your face / chest....

Get back to us after several hours of it.
I was riding 401 on my F3 in a crazy strong head wind a few weeks back, had to crouch just to stop the front wheel from feeling light. That part wasn't much fun, kinda wish it had a taller fairing for street use.

Back
Top Bottom