Weekday rides in 2023 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weekday rides in 2023

LovemyVFR

Looking for anyone interested in weekday rides in 2023. I retired a couple of years ago and try to avoid weekend rides. I'm ok going solo but it would be nice to join up with some like minded riders for the occasional weekday outing. I live in Whitby, so I generally head north and east, but pretty much anywhere is good on 2 wheels.

Can you explain the logic of skipping weekend rides? I mean I know you have time during the week but why avoid weekend rides?

I just find the roads are quieter, less cottage traffic, fewer cops, restaurants and rest stops less busy. I just like that better. After I retired I generally found weekends weren't all that important any more, except for getting together with friends who were still working. Weekdays were just more convenient for me, for most things. I mean I still ride on weekends, I just like weekdays better.

I just find the roads are quieter, less cottage traffic, fewer cops, restaurants and rest stops less busy. I just like that better. After I retired I generally found weekends weren't all that important any more, except for getting together with friends who were still working. Weekdays were just more convenient for me, for most things. I mean I still ride on weekends, I just like weekdays better.
I'm north of the city and couldn't agree more. My weekend rides start at dawn before all the slow moving, weekend tourists are out.
I've decided to permanently change to a 4 day work week this year. Starting my wind down to retirement. No more working Fridays!
Hopefully most Fridays will be on 2 wheels.

I'm north of the city and couldn't agree more. My weekend rides start at dawn before all the slow moving, weekend tourists are out.
I've decided to permanently change to a 4 day work week this year. Starting my wind down to retirement. No more working Fridays!
Hopefully most Fridays will be on 2 wheels.
I've been retired and riding weekdays only for 17 years now as I found that weekend drivers were just too unpredictable for comfort. On weekdays, people are generally driving on a mission to somewhere so it's noticeably safer. However, in the last couple of years I've noticed traffic patterns have changed dramatically. Fridays are now a weekend day. Thursday afternoon and evening are now the beginning of the weekend traffic rush.

I'm up for weekday rides if you get west of the city.

Back
Top Bottom