We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 99 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

^^^^

new toy.....is always good....now we need a range report....
Sorry for the delayed response but here is a rough report...

The sks, this is shooting at 40 yds with iron sight. I am gradually accurizing them with Iron sights before attaching a scope to them.
e4d5df44d25a542e3cd1a570bea415ac.jpg

d92356e9fc4954b17589b3d8b420f955.jpg

Mosin, this is also at 40 yds. When I got it, the sights were off, they shot high & to the right. Now it's a bit better but I can't figure out why it's shooting all over the place.
9d0d3b3406c022ec24924f73e84dedaa.jpg

2142f63e43ab1d96f14968cd9762260d.jpg

is this from a bench rest, or you are free hand shooting ? Fliers can be due to a lot of reasons, bad ammo, cold barrel, then a hot barrel, and so on...

SKS are not match grade rifles, but it seems you are off by a bit more than what I would expect, at 40 yards your groupings should be much tighter, especially if your using a bench rest, and not free hand shooting

My SKS does 2-3 inch groupings at 100 yards from a bench rest, using surplus ammo, and a bit better with hunting ammo, but for deer hunting that is more than enough, as I usually can keep it within a 6 inch pattern and that will put them down each and every time.

Bought a Girsan 1911 in .45, and a GSG 1911-22 this week.
I now own four "1911" pistols!
Now the waiting game with the CFO happens...

is this from a bench rest, or you are free hand shooting ? Fliers can be due to a lot of reasons, bad ammo, cold barrel, then a hot barrel, and so on...

SKS are not match grade rifles, but it seems you are off by a bit more than what I would expect, at 40 yards your groupings should be much tighter, especially if your using a bench rest, and not free hand shooting

My SKS does 2-3 inch groupings at 100 yards from a bench rest, using surplus ammo, and a bit better with hunting ammo, but for deer hunting that is more than enough, as I usually can keep it within a 6 inch pattern and that will put them down each and every time.
I am using a basic rest such as this:

26d55f92c183f59ffae6361c59818651.jpg

Plus I can bearly see the target.

^^
I shoot at Silverdale too!

Sorry for the delayed response but here is a rough report...

The sks, this is shooting at 40 yds with iron sight. I am gradually accurizing them with Iron sights before attaching a scope to them.
e4d5df44d25a542e3cd1a570bea415ac.jpg

d92356e9fc4954b17589b3d8b420f955.jpg

Mosin, this is also at 40 yds. When I got it, the sights were off, they shot high & to the right. Now it's a bit better but I can't figure out why it's shooting all over the place.
9d0d3b3406c022ec24924f73e84dedaa.jpg

2142f63e43ab1d96f14968cd9762260d.jpg

It`s a SKS if it all fits in the ring be happy . This rifle is one of the simplest made .With great tolerances for manufacturing . Remember this is 150 to 200 dollar rifle and surplus .

^^
I shoot at Silverdale too!
Sweet, when do you normally go?
It`s a SKS if it all fits in the ring be happy . This rifle is one of the simplest made .With great tolerances for manufacturing . Remember this is 150 to 200 dollar rifle and surplus .
I'm actually quite happy, this is 40 yards with the target the size of an office paper. I'm actually impressed I got a bullseye

picked up an S&W M&P .45 and 1000rds of 9mm to keep my SHadow sp-01 and Glock 17 fed

F her BS!

“Once they have . . . a licence they can buy as many guns as they want,”

After reading that article I feel like buying another pistol! Maybe another AR15, maybe one of each...lol

I should have lots of new toys to play with in the next week or so, I got a 2 packages delivered already and a few more on the way...Black rifle Friday sales and the fact its my birthday in 2 weeks, caused me to spend a small fortune on gun stuff ..15-20% off and free shipping, how could I resist!

Here is what I got so far, lots more to come this week
Battle Arms Development VERT PDW stock, Elftmann straight 3 Gun trigger, V7 Titanium trigger pins
IMG_3952_zpseo0imzpj.jpg

SLR rifleworks 9.7" Helix M-lok rail w/barricade hand stop
IMG_3963_zpsqx1tgowj.jpg

Anyone else go on a shopping spree for Black Friday?

Last edited:

That trigger is pimp!
Where did you get ut from?

Sweet!

That trigger is pimp!
Where did you get ut from?

ctcsupplies.ca but its not cheap! at $399, there are cheaper options but they never have them in stock

Its nicer then I expected though, because on their site they have pictures of the older version, but what I got is their new redesigned billet cage which is much more sculpted out of billet. Nice surprise when I opened the box because I wasnt aware of a new version

And thou I haven't shot it yet, dry firing it feels amazing, I have a few high end triggers from Geissele and CMC, but this one has less creep then all of them and has an adjustable pull weight

Little disappointed today no packages, Canadapost must be busy

My Glock 17 trigger is around 3-3.5lbs with 0 felt take up and that is super fun to shoot.
...I can only imagine how awesome an AR with a 2.5lb trigger would feel.

My Glock 17 trigger is around 3-3.5lbs with 0 felt take up and that is super fun to shoot.

I also have 3 Glock pistols with 3lbs triggers in all of them, and all of my AR's have 3-3.5 lbs triggers in them ....The only gun I own that has a trigger over 3.5lbs is my KRISS Vector, and thats only because I cant find a trigger kit for it....Its actually funny when I shoot the KRISS after one of my other guns, because its so much heavier of pull I think its stuck and flinch without firing LOL...Then I realize I have to pull way harder

Id say it feels something like this, as close to full auto as I can legally get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlPdSTtxC8g

Canada post is slacking, I have 3 packages scheduled for delivery today, haven't gotten any of them....Hopefully I get them before the weekend

Last edited:

^^^
Awesome!

This year just got into the hobby of shooting. Joined a club and quickly made 4 purchases. 715 mossberg, walther Sp22, S&W 9SDVE, Norinco CQ-A

That's how it all begins.
More addictive, and expensive than our 2 wheeled hobbies

PS What trigger kit do you have in your 17?

Agency Arms drop in kit, all wolf springs, oem (--) connector and lightened striker

Back
Top Bottom