We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 91 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

I can't think of any mass shootings in the us that have been stopped by people other than the police. Recently there was a mass shooting in the USA where students were carrying and they did not engage... Guess that wasn't much of a deterrent.

You dont here about them cause they were stopped. Its a none story without a whole bunch of blood and drama. New life church, Parker middle school , Sullivan middle school to name a few most arn't even stopped by police most end in self inflicted gun shot wounds. Im not a proponent of concealed or even open carry (with some specific exceptions) but saying that it hasn't happened is simply not true and your right its not a deterrent its not supposed to be you cant deter someone who is already at the point mentally of wanting to shoot a bunch of people , just as execution is not a deterrent for murder because most murders are crimes of passion.

But in an active shooter situation were I was not able to flee I would like the chance to fight rather than not. The police just cant respond right away and thats the reason people want to be able to carry. Statistically I don't see a need for it in this country but there are some places in the world I would feel allot safer having something (hypothetically speaking). Of course the Americas issues need to be tackled on social equality level to be effective at curbing violence with some form of additional gun control being added into the mix. (this may have an affect on the number of guns that come to us as well). But banning guns based on cosmetic features such as barrel shrouds with laws written by people who only know what end of a gun the bullet comes our of is not going to improve safety.

Last edited:

Are there domestic violence issues at your home?

You dont here about them cause they were stopped. Its a none story without a whole bunch of blood and drama. New life church, Parker middle school , Sullivan middle school to name a few most arn't even stopped by police most end in self inflicted gun shot wounds. Im not a proponent of concealed or even open carry (with some specific exceptions) but saying that it hasn't happened is simply not true and your right its not a deterrent its not supposed to be you cant deter someone who is already at the point mentally of wanting to shoot a bunch of people , just as execution is not a deterrent for murder because most murders are crimes of passion.

But in an active shooter situation were I was not able to flee I would like the chance to fight rather than not. The police just cant respond right away and thats the reason people want to be able to carry. Statistically I don't see a need for it in this country but there are some places in the world I would feel allot safer having something (hypothetically speaking). Of course the Americas issues need to be tackled on social equality level to be effective at curbing violence with some form of additional gun control being added into the mix. (this may have an affect on the number of guns that come to us as well). But banning guns based on cosmetic features such as barrel shrouds with laws written by people who only know what end of a gun the bullet comes our of is not going to improve safety.

Maybe they didn't make the news because they never happened. You hear about the bloodbaths but you also hear about the single shots and accidental shootings, we have proof that a school that allowed students to carry still had a shooter and not only did they have a shooter but none of the students or teacher that were carrying engaged the shooter buying him more time to kill people because the police were yet to arrive. Isn't that the whole argument about having guns in schools? Because when seconds count the police are minutes away? Isn't that the saying? I wonder what the body count would have been had students with guns engaged. How much friendly fire would there be? Having a gun for protection is no deterrent it seems. Criminals don't line up at the ok coral at noon and wait for someone to count to 3.
You are correct, banning guns on colour and shape won't stop the school shootings in the USA. Arming everyone won't stop them from happening either, though it may change the way these people go about terrorizing others. They're looking to go out with a bang and take as many people with them. I am surprised we haven't seen more Timmy mcveighs or the like.

Start with the Merkaz HaRav shooting as it was the highest profile. In general mass shootings don't become mass shootings if there is an armed person around. That's why those nutjobs generally choose gun-free zones.

You hear about the bloodbaths but you also hear about the single shots and accidental shootings,

Sure people that want to murder use a verity of tools and accidents happen.

we have proof that a school that allowed students to carry still had a shooter and not only did they have a shooter but none of the students or teacher that were carrying engaged the shooter buying him more time to kill people because the police were yet to arrive. Isn't that the whole argument about having guns in schools? Because when seconds count the police are minutes away? Isn't that the saying? I wonder what the body count would have been had students with guns engaged. How much friendly fire would there be?

Well you don't have proof you have an example but I cant really comment on it cause I don't know the situation or circumstances on why no one engaged the shooter could have been due to lack of opportunity people being in the firing line could have been fear or self preservation frankly it does not matter I would not begrudge someones decision to flee rather than fight in that situation armed or not.

I am surprised we haven't seen more Timmy mcveighs or the like.

We will the US is a political powder keg I would not be surprised to see civil war in the country within 10 years.

I can't think of any mass shootings in the us that have been stopped by people other than the police. Recently there was a mass shooting in the USA where students were carrying and they did not engage... Guess that wasn't much of a deterrent.

Kevin Vickers stopped the mass shooting at the Parliament buildings.

He didn't prevent it

????

Only one person died. So yes, I'd say Vickers and the guy who got shot attempting to wrestle that scumbag's gun away sure DID prevent a mass shooting.

He didn't prevent it

So once someone comes up with what you asked "stopped a mass shooting", then you change the criteria and say "well they didn't prevent it"?

Vickers wouldn't have had to stop anything if the guards actually had ammo in their rifles -- and it would have been a soldier that stopped the shooter rather than someone who had to run to his desk to get his gun.

From wikipedia: How Zehaf-Bibeau obtained his gun has not been determined.[SUP][88][/SUP] At the time of the shootings, Zehaf-Bibeau was legally prohibited from possessing or acquiring firearms.[SUP][3][/SUP] Additionally, his previous criminal charges and convictions, history of drug abuse, and lack of a fixed address all would have prevented him from receiving a Canadian Firearms Licence.[SUP][3][/SUP] A knife that Zehaf-Bibeau had with him on October 22 was determined to have originated from a relative's home. -- so no gun control would have prevented him, but someone with a gun stopped him.

What would have prevented him? Maybe some better mental health care during his previous criminal charges, perhaps?

????

Only one person died. So yes, I'd say Vickers and the guy who got shot attempting to wrestle that scumbag's gun away sure DID prevent a mass shooting.

The soldier that got shot wasn't wrestling the nut job. Bickers and the others that shot them were trained police, the nut job was shot by 6 officers. That's hardly bystanders, it's about the same results as a nut job attacking a police station.

So once someone comes up with what you asked "stopped a mass shooting", then you change the criteria and say "well they didn't prevent it"?

It's an absolutely retarded argument. How does one know that a mass shooting was prevented anyway? Any one of the hundreds of thousands of defensive gun uses in the USA could've been a potential prevention of a mass killing. We'll have to work harder to scan the thoughts and motivations of deranged retards who are scared away with or shot by guns in defensive situations.

The soldier that got shot wasn't wrestling the nut job. Bickers and the others that shot them were trained police, the nut job was shot by 6 officers. That's hardly bystanders, it's about the same results as a nut job attacking a police station.

The guy who attempted to wrestle his gun away wasn't the soldier, it was another person on the hill. I believe security or a cop, he got shot but not fatally. You came out full-retard with this argument, I have no idea what your point is...

What would have prevented him? Maybe some better mental health care during his previous criminal charges, perhaps?

That combined with a penal system that with a focus on treatment and reformation rather than punishment would likely would have prevented it along with dropping the overall re-offending rate.

So i'm going to agree on this example however I already provided 3 examples of bystanders stopping and Firestart provided a 4th to your challenge. You know what would have prevented the Parliament hill shooting the RCMP taking action against someone who was on their terrorist watch list. You can point the blame on even at the inteligence community and RCMPs incompetence. Instead of internal review their failures the government instead passed bill C51 giving them more power even tho the amendments would not given them any power that they didn't already have to act in this case and next up expect to seem bans on encryption and the ability of police to review your internet history without a warrant. Remember you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.

Last edited:

I wonder what the body count would have been had students with guns engaged. How much friendly fire would there be? Having a gun for protection is no deterrent it seems.

Definitely less then letting a killer roam free and shoot at will . With a gun you have a chance . With out one you are victim .

The new tactic is if you can`t run or barricade away from the shooter is to rush him .

I will post the video when I find it .

So i'm going to agree on this example however I already provided 3 examples of bystanders stopping and Firestart provided a 4th to your challenge. You know what would have prevented the Parliament hill shooting the RCMP taking action against someone who was on their terrorist watch list. You can point the blame on even at the inteligence community and RCMPs incompetence. Instead of internal review their failures the government instead passed bill C51 giving them more power even tho the amendments would not given them any power that they didn't already have to act in this case and next up expect to seem bans on encryption and the ability of police to review your internet history without a warrant. Remember you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.
Are you suggesting that the RCMP and CSIS allowed the guy to go free to push bill c51?

20151229_171720_zpsqxjdmdez.jpg

New MDT enhanced recoil pad, and a rear monopod for the Savage / MDT Tac 21 build.

Kevin Vickers stopped the mass shooting at the Parliament buildings.

Kevin vickers was ex RCMP he was trained for what he did. People like to raise him up as some civilian that saved the day but honestly he wasn't no civilian. Probably that same assumption was what allowed him to get the element of surprise to get 'er done.

Back
Top Bottom