We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 67 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

I went to Florida in Nov. I googled the closest gun range to where we were staying and showed up. All I needed was my drivers licence. I got my choice of pistol my targets and I got to to choose my level of expertise...no RO and no one even said boo. It was almost scary how easy it was compared to the PITA it is in Canada.

It's sad that liberty is so scary for some Canadians.

Because 99% of Canadians care about how inconvenient it is to get into a shooting range:rolleyes:

Going by the news, USA seems like a scary place to go. Perception? Does the average American watch Canadian news and go "Them mofos be crazy"?

Last edited:

it's always a little painful when you come into the light from the darkness... :p

And more painful when the lights go out :(

Because 99% of Canadians care about how inconvenient it is to get into a shooting range:rolleyes:

Going by the news, USA seems like a scary place to go. Perception? Does the average American watch Canadian news and go "Them mofos be crazy"?

Sure they do.. You should hear my in-laws/friends in the US talk about Canada. In spite of all the nanny-state parenting, crazy things still happen here too. Some Canadians seem to think being defenceless is more safe, because your attacker will be unarmed too. Perhaps ignorance is bliss - when you're defenceless, there is no threat or you trust that the police will arrive in time to protect/save you.
In the US, if you're truly safe from harm/threat, you won't use your gun to defend yourself. What's the harm in having but not needing it? Needing a gun to defend yourself and not having it will only happen once. Who are the crazy mofo's?

I do shoot. I enjoy it too. Its fun. I have little competitions on accuracy with my friends all the time.

EDIT:I know nothing of African children

Last edited:
Sure they do.. You should hear my in-laws/friends in the US talk about Canada. In spite of all the nanny-state parenting, crazy things still happen here too. Some Canadians seem to think being defenceless is more safe, because your attacker will be unarmed too. Perhaps ignorance is bliss - when you're defenceless, there is no threat or you trust that the police will arrive in time to protect/save you.
In the US, if you're truly safe from harm/threat, you won't use your gun to defend yourself. What's the harm in having but not needing it? Needing a gun to defend yourself and not having it will only happen once. Who are the crazy mofo's?

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm a black female. America and their guns scare me. I am one yahoo away from becoming the next Trayvon Martin. I take comfort in the fact that when I walk down the street in Canada with my hoodie I won't be killed...and yes I have been stopped for "walking while black" down the street in Canada.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm a black female. America and their guns scare me. I am one yahoo away from becoming the next Trayvon Martin. I take comfort in the fact that when I walk down the street in Canada with my hoodie I won't be killed...and yes I have been stopped for "walking while black" down the street in Canada.

Well these yahoos are few and far between to the point of you being MUCH more likely to be a victim of random violence (regardless of your skin colour) than to come across a psychoid like Zimmerman. There are 2 reasons why this case got so much media attention:

1) The crime was so heinous that it outraged most people around the globe
2) The grave-dancers from the anti-gun lobby decided to use the incident to attack "stand your ground" laws and guns in general, so there was a huge backlash from the reasonable Americans. Many chose to swallow a bitter pill by trying to justify Zimmerman's actions not because they thought what he did was right, but because of the way the battle lines were drawn.

For the record, here are my opinions:

1) Guns are good in the hands of law-abiding citizens
2) Castle law is good
3) Stand your ground law is good
4) Based on the information available to me, I think Zimmerman was guilty - he has shown himself to be the violent and abusive type

Remember that for every Trayvon, there are dozens of Lorettas :(

It's not really an issue of being Trayvon, more an issue of someone feeling so entitled and naive that they can play cop. For the most part you cut someone off in traffic, or step on their shoe, or some other alleged slight you can rest assured in the false sense that your offense will not end up in gun play. That's sort of where I'm going with my american fear.

The chances of that are extremely unlikely. However......
http://americanfreepress.net/?p=14864

It's not really an issue of being Trayvon, more an issue of someone feeling so entitled and naive that they can play cop. For the most part you cut someone off in traffic, or step on their shoe, or some other alleged slight you can rest assured in the false sense that your offense will not end up in gun play. That's sort of where I'm going with my american fear.

Again, your fears are mostly influenced by too much media coverage. Remember that it's a country of hundreds of millions of people and I have been threatened with violence here for a perceived slight in traffic - the guy literally chased me down to a light and came up to my car with his right hand inside his jacket.. Both the criminal and I are so white that the Michelin man would refer to us as honkeys :cool:

I saw nikki on tv shes kinda tough

Just kidding. I never saw anybody anywhere. What's a TV.

Just sent away for my PAL .
Looking for a place close to Mississauga to shoot.

Just sent away for my PAL .
Looking for a place close to Mississauga to shoot.

there is nothing close to Mississauga........depending on your definition of close

this is probably the closest, depending on your exact location in Mississauga

http://rangeburlington.ca/

there is nothing close to Mississauga........depending on your definition of close

this is probably the closest, depending on your exact location in Mississauga

http://rangeburlington.ca/

Thanks. I should have said closest. I was told by the place I took my test that they are about to build a new range in the Mississauga/Oakville border soon. Looking forward to that.

Thanks. I should have said closest. I was told by the place I took my test that they are about to build a new range in the Mississauga/Oakville border soon. Looking forward to that.

Really? Did they give you any other info about that? How soon is soon? I had thought with Pan Am games this summer we might have seen more ranges in the GTA but that hasn't seen to happen.

Really? Did they give you any other info about that? How soon is soon? I had thought with Pan Am games this summer we might have seen more ranges in the GTA but that hasn't seen to happen.
All I was told is they were going to break ground soon.

This is where I took my course and the people who are going to run it.

http://www.firearmslessons.ca/index_full.php

Nothing was talked about in terms of when, but it's apparently going to be "state of the art" facilities. I'm hoping for a nice trap shooting setup because that is one of the reasons I wanted to get my PAL

Last edited:

All I was told is they were going to break ground soon.

This is where I took my course and the people who are going to run it.

http://www.firearmslessons.ca/index_full.php

Nothing was talked about in terms of when, but it's apparently going to be "state of the art" facilities. I'm hoping for a nice trap shooting setup because that is one of the reasons I wanted to get my PAL

Where is this ground breaking supposed to be ?

We have a whole new set of trap houses, at the range I belong too, 2 complete 5 stand areas

http://www.dnpaha.org/dnphahome.html

I believe they are taking new applicants still

Back
Top Bottom