We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 50 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Tanfolgio make some bad-*** guns. Not sure I'd personally buy that over a CZ SP01 but I'm probably not near good enough to take advantage of the more expensive gun.

Speaking of which, have you shot an SP01? Might be nearly as impressive to you, for faaar less dough.

Check this:
http://thefirearmreport.com/2013/10/its-here-stock-2-stock-3-cz-sp-01-shadow-showdown/

His conclusion:

No I haven't shot a CZ as this was only my 2nd time going to a range as a member, I don't have my LATT for my guns yet (2 glocks, have a 3rd on order). So currently I am only able to shoot the range guns, mainly Glocks, a .40 desert eagle, Alpa .357 revolver, .22 SA revolver, and a .45 Sig. There are some others that I haven't shot but they don't look that interesting, like a semi auto .22 etc. I am pretty sure they do not have any CZ range guns or the guys that work there would have suggested it to me to try, as I have tried to shoot everything they have said is worth trying. And so far besides the Tanfoglio and the Alpha .357 revolver (shooting in S/A) out of all the range guns I shoot the Glocks the best, wether its 9mm .40 .357sig or .45, I just seem to shoot the Glocks better then the others.

They do have some CZ pistols in stock, and after trying the Tanfog I went over to look at the guns. One of the guys that works there had a $1200 Tanfoglio also he let me handle it but I didn't get to shoot it. He was going to show me one he thought they had in stock but when we went over to look it wasn't there so it must have sold. He then pointed out a CZ, it could have very well been the Sp01 that your suggesting. I will say that just handling the guns, price aside the Tanfoglio's even the $1200 one he had, had a better fit and finish IMO. Again having not shot them to compare they could be just as good or even better shooters. I am however a sucker for fancy billet parts, so I could easily get sucked into a better looking or finished gun that costs more but shoots the same.

Hopefully I will get the chance to shoot a CZ , for now all I can say is I liked that Tanfoglio a lot! And I don't know how long I can resist before shopping for one. First things first, the IPSC guy said go to IPSC site and sign up for black badge course. I read their site info and it says you should own a suitable 9mm, at least 4 mags, a holster, and a belt. As well as having shot at least 1000 rnds out of your gun before signing up, I think my 17 will be suitable for the coarse, and 1000 rounds will be no problem, I shot 200 today and if it wasn't so expensive to shoot at range ammo prices I would shoot a lot more. So Im going to get my LATT shoot 1000+, buy a belt + holster and do the black badge, then go from there before I buy anything competition specific...Even if I don't actually compete I want to be qualified to holster, and IPSC black badge is recognized everywhere, unlike the Target Sports holster course that is only recognized there....

Last edited:
Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Nothing wrong with 22s.
Still one of my favorite guns to take to the range for the day. And its tacticool! lol

20130212_133211_zpsaca3e0cc.jpg

Looks sexy and cost effective. Mine is getting rediculous, I just keep sticking more stuff too it! Everyone keeps saying firearms are expensive, but compared to racing, this is almost free fun.

Ok just want to be sure there isn't some law like opaque case or out of sight or whatever...I have bench seats in the pickup truck that have storage under them, I'll toss them under there

Transport it any way you like.......

I usually buy it and toss it in the back seat, or on the floor of the passenger side, or in the trunk....or....

it really don't matter...

sorry to come late into the conversation about safe transportation of ammo, but that's not exactly the case.

The way you transport your ammo does matter.
If you want to spare yourself some grief, make sure you don't have any loose rounds rattling around your car or in plain sight. If an officer spots it, you can be charged with careless storage of ammunition and have your world turned upside down by our anti-gun social climate, even if you're found not guilty as this hunter was.

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/legal_storage_and_transport.html

Legal Storage and Transport

Edward L. Burlew, LL.B., Barrister and Solicitor, CSSALoose Bullets Lead To Confiscation Of All Firearms, Ammunition, FACs

Recently a hunter was stopped by police for a traffic violation. As he reached into his glove box the officer saw a magazine with 5 bullets. There was no gun in the car. The driver was put under arrest for unsafe storage of ammunition. As a term of his bail he was ordered to not possess any firearms, explosives, ammunition, or F.A.C.
There was no criminal offense because the ammunition was not stored and was out of sight. The case was heard about 6 to 10 months after the arrest and until then the sportsman is unable to hunt with a gun or cross bow. He was acquitted and his firearms were returned.
This example is true and is given to show that even if a person is found innocent there is an immediate sanction of his rights to possess a firearm, ammunition, explosive and F.A.C.
Every sports hunter should know that his order prohibiting you from possessing a firearm, ammunition, explosive and F.A.C is the potential outcome of every firearm offense no matter how small or technical.
To preserve your rights to own and enjoy firearms you must be careful of strict compliance to the law.
Transport Your Ammunition Safely

There is no present regulation as to what is safe transport or storage of ammunition. This leaves latitude for police discretion in laying a criminal charge for unsafe storage or transport. People have been charged criminally for having loose shells in the passenger compartment, whether visible or not.
to avoid charges i urge you to store and transport all ammunition in a locked box and locked compartment to be separate from any firearm.

Ok gotcha so a 12.6 is what I would need to buy that P08 Luger I wanted, unless I get one that was converted to a longer barrel. Not gonna happen lol

Just to clarify: you can't get as 12.6 condition added to your permit. You had to have owned a 12.6 handgun before the prohibition went into effect to be grandfathered it.

Apologies if your knew that.

Just to clarify: you can't get as 12.6 condition added to your permit. You had to have owned a 12.6 handgun before the prohibition went into effect to be grandfathered it.

Apologies if your knew that.

That I knew, thats why I said not gonna happen....Otherwise Id try to get it lol

Last edited:
sorry to come late into the conversation about safe transportation of ammo, but that's not exactly the case.

If you want to spare yourself some grief, make sure you don't have any loose rounds rattling around your car or in plain sight. If an officer spots it, you can be charged with careless storage of ammunition and have your world turned upside down by our anti-gun social climate, even if you're found not guilty as this hunter was.

Thanks I have no plans to carry any loose rounds, just full boxs, and try my best to shoot everything I bring to the range so I wont even leave with any half empty boxs either. I was more concerned about the laws of possibly needing an ammo case that is lockable, like you need for the guns. I will probably still get a rigid plastic box to carry them in anyways, and still put that out of sight in the storage compartment under the back seats of my truck...

Yea, he was acquitted. Know why? Go and find me the specific subsection of whatever that is called "unsafe transportation of ammo" or "unsafe ammo storage". That's right. Doesn't exist.

A power tripping cop will charge you with anything whether it exists or it doesn't. The fact that they bullied him into giving up his firearms and PAL as part of bail is inconsequential. A decent lawyer would have laughed you out of that jail cell.

NO it does not matter......find me the regulations and I will follow them....

Cops can do all sort of silly things, like the guy on here who got a ticket for scratching his ear, and the cop thought he was on his cell phone.....so what we have to be careful on how we scratch our ear now as well....

You want less of a chance to get hasseled for your ammo, put it in the trunk, in the back seat, on the floor, in a paper bag, or what ever so it's out of sight.....BUT YOU DON"T HAVE TO......

Make sure your firearms ater stored and transported properly and that is all you really have to worry about to be in accordance with the laws we have....

If it's such a crime then maybe the places selling ammo should give us a locked container to bring the ammo home, but most places hand you the ammo in a plastic bag or a paper bag, ie LeBarons.....and that i usually just toss on the front seat and go home.....unless it's a crate of surplus ammo, well that goes in the trunk, don't want to ruin my seats....

Thanks I have no plans to carry any loose rounds, just full boxs, and try my best to shoot everything I bring to the range so I wont even leave with any half empty boxs either. I was more concerned about the laws of possibly needing an ammo case that is lockable, like you need for the guns. I will probably still get a rigid plastic box to carry them in anyways, and still put that out of sight in the storage compartment under the back seats of my truck...

Johnny, don't be so paranoid, I would hate to see if you purchased a crate of 1300 rounds of ammo to go to the range, you would not leave until you shot all of it.....really.....some guys who have many firearms, would need another truck just to carry ammo if they stored everything in containers and locked box's and so on, it takes up a lot of room.......

this is usually how I take my ammo to the range, in these as I typically have loose rounds, and it's usually about 6 box's that go with me, none are locked and if I don't have room in the back of the truck, they are in the back seat or on the floor in the front etc.....

50-cal-ammo-can.jpg

and my reloads are in these, so as not to get damaged by tumbling with all the other rounds

images

Last edited:

Cops can do all sort of silly things, like the guy on here who got a ticket for scratching his ear, and the cop thought he was on his cell phone.....so what we have to be careful on how we scratch our ear now as well....

You want less of a chance to get hasseled for your ammo, put it in the trunk, in the back seat, on the floor, in a paper bag, or what ever so it's out of sight.....BUT YOU DON"T HAVE TO......

Make sure your firearms ater stored and transported properly and that is all you really have to worry about to be in accordance with the laws we have....

If it's such a crime then maybe the places selling ammo should give us a locked container to bring the ammo home, but most places hand you the ammo in a plastic bag or a paper bag, ie LeBarons.....and that i usually just toss on the front seat and go home.....unless it's a crate of surplus ammo, well that goes in the trunk, don't want to ruin my seats....

Johnny, don't be so paranoid, I would hate to see if you purchased a crate of 1300 rounds of ammo to go to the range, you would not leave until you shot all of it.....really.....some guys who have many firearms, would need another truck just to carry ammo if they stored everything in containers and locked box's and so on, it takes up a lot of room.......

this is usually how I take my ammo to the range, in these as I typically have loose rounds, and it's usually about 6 box's that go with me, none are locked and if I don't have room in the back of the truck, they are in the back seat or on the floor in the front etc.....

50-cal-ammo-can.jpg

and my reloads are in these, so as not to get damaged by tumbling with all the other rounds

images

The first box is what I'm talking about, nothing special just a $20 plastic box. I just got a nice pelican case for my pistol transporting but I'm not going to spend that kind of money for the ammo. I am going to buy 1000 rounds but the place that had it only had boxs of 50, so 1000 rounds is 20 boxs. So I'm just getting something that I can put like 200-400 rounds in one container to bring to the ranges. Would be nice to have a handle too, gun case in one hand, ammo in the other

Last edited:
LeBarons used to sell the top box, not sure if they still carry them, they can hold a lot of ammo, probably more than what you want in there, it gets heavy to carry......

BassPro

http://www.basspro.com/Plano-Ammo-Can/product/56568/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

I think I have one or 2 of the steel military type ammo cans if you want them ? Princess Auto sells them as well

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Storage/Army-Surplus-Metal-Ammo-Box/8412744.p

they do not have a handle.....

I like the metal cans, but more for display or storage in the shop. Dont think Id like metal in the truck, even just for the metal on metal sounds of the ammo clinking around as I drive over things...LOL

The first link there from BassPro, they have those at my range, thats what I was going to buy

I just leave it in the metal can it comes in lol

dKrYOQh.jpg

Haha yes, they are sealed shut and come with a sketchy field tool to open them

Yea, he was acquitted. Know why? Go and find me the specific subsection of whatever that is called "unsafe transportation of ammo" or "unsafe ammo storage". That's right. Doesn't exist.

A power tripping cop will charge you with anything whether it exists or it doesn't. The fact that they bullied him into giving up his firearms and PAL as part of bail is inconsequential. A decent lawyer would have laughed you out of that jail cell.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fud. It's just the reality of the times we are in.
The hunter in the article didn't even have loose rounds. They were in a mag in his glove box. He didn't even have his rifle with him.

Having all your firearms confiscated and defending yourself against a criminal charge is not something I want to risk

It's in the Criminal Code of Canada:

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-46/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-46.html#sec86

• 86. (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons.
  • Contravention of storage regulations, etc.

(2) Every person commits an offence who contravenes a regulation made under paragraph 117(h) of the Firearms Act respecting the storage, handling, transportation, shipping, display, advertising and mail-order sales of firearms and restricted weapons.
  • Punishment

(3) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) or (2)
    • (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment
      • (i) in the case of a first offence, for a term not exceeding two years, and
      • (ii) in the case of a second or subsequent offence, for a term not exceeding five years; or
    • (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

• R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 86;
  • 1991, c. 40, s. 3;
  • 1995, c. 39, s. 139.
  • Like I said. I'm no fudd myself. I just wanted to provide a cautionary comment that it is not the case that it does not matter. The law is written in a way to give the police officer quite a bit of discretion. Again, I'm not agreeing with it, but ignoring it can potentially lead to significant headaches

Having ammo in my car on the floor, or on the front seat, or in the back, or anywhere else is not careless, it's in my car and I am in control of it....

I know what you mean, and more chances of a charge being laid with a TO cop or Sauga cop, but one out in god's country have better smarts and would not more than likely even bat an eye....here in the city, they would probably shoot you first anyways.....

I was pulled over on my way to my range, never was I asked about the ammo in plain sight in my vehicle or the firearms I was transporting, even after I told him that I do have firearms with me and I am on my way to the range.....on Hwy10 just before Orangeville, see what I mean...

Cops throw a crap load of charges at you and hope and pray something will stick....

the guy with the ammo in the mag in his glove box is a big stretch in trying to have him charged and convicted for breach of improper transport of ammo....when hunting it's how most of your ammo is transported, or in my pocket, or in my hand, so long as it's not in the rifle....

I don't even have it locked up in the house, no need.....

Back
Top Bottom