We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 44 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

close to home?

what would you suggest??

If you're in that area, you have a couple of options in Oshawa and there's Barrie.. Aurora... Anything BUT ts lol

If you're in that area, you have a couple of options in Oshawa and there's Barrie.. Aurora... Anything BUT ts lol

its that bad huh?

out of curiosity why don't you guys like it?

I did my Restricted firearm safety course there and it seemed like a decent place, but of course I have nothing to compare it to...

its that bad huh?

I did my Restricted firearm safety course there and it seemed like a decent place, but of course I have nothing to compare it to...

If they're not the most expensive club in the province, they sure are up there and most likely one of the most expensive clubs in Canada. For that you get a dinky little 25yd range where you can't even shoot rifle calibers or do any real action shooting? Within reasonable striking distance you have clubs with MUCH better facilities that charge a lot less in annual fees.

its that bad huh?

As firestart already pointed out the cost, restrictions to what you can shoot, and to top it off the wannabe gangsters who shoot there on a regular basis. When going to a range i don't need to worry about some doofus being gangster with a glock yo, waving that **** around like its a ****en movie!

Oh and ive found the staff to be stuck up douhe bags...

Silverdale for me, at $300 a year and 7 days a week from sun up to sun down its a blast. Plus plenty of ranges, 20/50/100, action, skeet etc...
Although dumb people have made it a bit difficult lately for everyone its still a decent place to be.

Silverdale would have been nice but its pretty far, and that means i'll be going there one every month or 2 instead of once every week or 2.
I am going to check out Aurora, anyone a member there?

As far as the wait from the time you walk in and say "I want to join" to the time you can walk in and shoot, what should one be expecting???

Silverdale would have been nice but its pretty far, and that means i'll be going there one every month or 2 instead of once every week or 2.
I am going to check out Aurora, anyone a member there?

As far as the wait from the time you walk in and say "I want to join" to the time you can walk in and shoot, what should one be expecting???

Quality over quantity. Whenever i go i spend a good amount of time there because of the hour long drive.
At silverdale from the moment i joined, did their course and the 3 probationary shoots took me about 2 weeks. Had my att about a week later.

Also you can always go to ts as a guest for 40$ a day...
Full year membership at silverdale and 10 visits to ts will run you about the same as just a yearly membership at ts

Last edited:

for transporting just use this....

Glock17OnKeyboard6741.JPG

and for home storage get something like this

8650.JPG

I understand that not everyone is willing to spend money on little unnecessary things just so they look clean and neat, but I am!....So you should understand that what works for you is not good enough for me personally....Ive said it a few times already that I already have the cheepo combo/key style locks and I am not happy with them, I want something less bulky and that fits the guns better.....So I ordered 2 Omega chamber locks, they were a huge investment of $22 + shipping each.....

I am building a case like this, and I want it to look clean without some cheepo locks that are half the size of the gun.....Omega is approved by the RCMP and alot of people on CGN recommended them to me. So I guess Ill see what they hype is about in a week or so when I get them
gun-storage.jpg

As for the safe I am looking to buy a bigger one, right now I have a small one that has 2 shelves, I can barely fit a handgun in there with the lock on it....I just dont see why the locks have to be so big and awkward fitting

why anyone would want a membership there is beyond me

Tell me a place that I can get a member ship for indoor restricted shooting in the GTA? Somewhere that is accepting new members? I tried Burlington they told me dont reg untill OCT and dont expect to get a class for your membership till end of 2015........

Any other ideas and I will go sign up today....

Burlington would be ideal for me as its close and 24 hr, TS was the next best thing I could find for indoor in the GTA...but I am open to suggestions for indoor, outdoor not interested this late in the season....Maybe next spring

Last edited:

Tell me a place that I can get a member ship for indoor restricted shooting in the GTA? Somewhere that is accepting new members? I tried Burlington they told me dont reg untill OCT and dont expect to get a class for your membership till end of 2015........

Any other ideas and I will go sign up today....

Burlington would be ideal for me as its close and 24 hr, TS was the next best thing I could find for indoor in the GTA...but I am open to suggestions for indoor, outdoor not interested this late in the season....Maybe next spring

Cant help you there, but honestly how often are you gonna go to ts over the winter?
The initial excitement of a gun will wear off, and shooting at the same boring target from 25 meters will get boring. Thats when you'll move on to rifles, shotguns etc...

how long have you been waiting for ??? I am waiting for my RPAL to come in the mail and was thinking of getting a membership at TS (The Grunge), and assumed that it would be the "easy" part of the whole process

It took about 4 months for my RPAL to come in the mail, I was starting to wonder if they were going to approve me LOL Then my brother in law told me the RCMP called him, and about a week later it came in the mail.

TS I bought a Glock 17 and signed up as a member for the Grange gun club and the TS range, that was on July 7th. So maybe not as long as I was thinking, but it feels like forever you know what I mean. And they said 4 weeks when I signed up, so its longer then I was told..... However I just got my gun club membership card in the mail a week ago, so Im hoping that means my class for the range is coming up soon...Im just really dying to shoot the guns I bought, I have spent a **** load of money on them and accessories but all I can do at this point is play with them in the basement...I should post a pick of all the gun related stuff I have already bought in 2 months being lic, it would probably be a good laugh for most of the none noobs...

As for the attitude, I didnt get any, and I walked in 100% noob with a pocket full of money...They were all cool with me, we joked around, talked about bikes and other stuff. Before I bought the gun I asked if I could rent one to shoot, they gave me and my friend 20 rnds each to shoot for free in the same model and gen. My friend is 19yrs old and has no lic so he was happy to get some free un lic shoots in too just for tagging along...I like the full service package, being new I was able to test shoot then buy the gun I wanted in person not off the internet, and I was able to sign up for the range....All 25min drive away....Im sure there are better places, but coming from nothing I didnt have a bad experience at all

Last edited:

Cant help you there, but honestly how often are you gonna go to ts over the winter?
The initial excitement of a gun will wear off, and shooting at the same boring target from 25 meters will get boring. Thats when you'll move on to rifles, shotguns etc...

As much as I can, 2-3 times a week or more.....Yeah the new fun thing will fade, but not after my first year....Its my first membership not my last

so you joined a club, you have firearms (pistol) and the only thing stopping you from going to the range is an ATT, did you call the CFO and ask if you could get one, at least for a day, they will sometimes do that, well they did for me in the past, I was eager to get my new toy out and put some rounds down range, but we had no ATT either, one call to the CFO and we had one good for a day....

It don't hurt to ask...

so you joined a club, you have firearms (pistol) and the only thing stopping you from going to the range is an ATT, did you call the CFO and ask if you could get one, at least for a day, they will sometimes do that, well they did for me in the past, I was eager to get my new toy out and put some rounds down range, but we had no ATT either, one call to the CFO and we had one good for a day....

It don't hurt to ask...

They told me no temp ATT until I hold at least one long term ATT.....After my membership goes through at TS or any other range, I can then get temp ATT's for other ranges to shoot as a guest etc...Other then that apparently not gonna happen

Should be funny when I finally get to go, the sales guy should have a good laugh when I bring back the $750 Glock he sold me with over $2500 in mods on it and never shot through it...LOL

As for the safe I am looking to buy a bigger one, right now I have a small one that has 2 shelves, I can barely fit a handgun in there with the lock on it....I just dont see why the locks have to be so big and awkward fitting

if the pistol is in the safe it don't need to have a lock on it....I don't have a large safe but I can get about 8 pistols into mine with ease

They told me no temp ATT until I hold at least one long term ATT.....After my membership goes through at TS or any other range, I can then get temp ATT's for other ranges to shoot as a guest etc...Other then that apparently not gonna happen

Should be funny when I finally get to go, the sales guy should have a good laugh when I bring back the $750 Glock he sold me with over $2500 in mods on it and never shot through it...LOL

I guess the CFO's have turned into bigger @#$@#$ than they already were....

did you tell tehm your a member at the club just waiting on paperwork to be processed ? might help

I would like to be there on that day as well....when you take your first shot....from that firearm..

I guess the CFO's have turned into bigger @#$@#$ than they already were....

did you tell tehm your a member at the club just waiting on paperwork to be processed ? might help

I would like to be there on that day as well....when you take your first shot....from that firearm..

I saw something similar at silverdale one day. Brand new guy, you could tell he didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. Got himself a brand spanking new m&P 9, couldn't hit the target for ****, but the grass in front of him looked like a mine field :lmao:

Lol Johnny... You're gonna keep doing your own thing against the advice of people who've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.. So TS accepted you.. Great.. How much have you been shooting? So they basically took a BIG wad of your money for the membership but it's taking MONTHS for you to be able to START getting SOME of your money's worth.. My recommendation is to apply at BRRC on Oct 1 and try to get in as a walkin on one of the safety courses. You can get in as a walk-in if you show up for the safety courses and wait for no-shows.

As for the trigger locks.. You don't like the fact that they are bulky and cost less.. I don't like the hassle of dealing with keys when I can just turn a dial one click and I'm ready to shoot. I hang around people who shoot regularly. After shooting in more than half of the clubs in Ontario, I've NEVER seen an Omega lock in real life. What does that tell you about their practicality?

I saw something similar at silverdale one day. Brand new guy, you could tell he didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. Got himself a brand spanking new m&P 9, couldn't hit the target for ****, but the grass in front of him looked like a mine field :lmao:

I dont think I am that bad, Im pretty sure I put all 20 of my first ever gun shots on target. It was close range though. My biggest problem is getting comfortable with my left eye now being my dominate eye. I know your supposed to shoot both eyes open, but unless you have lost the vision in one eye its hard to explain how my vision is affected even with both eyes open. It took me a long time to be confident with riding a motorcycle and distance judgement. I still walk into things now and then, and sometimes I feel I have blurry vision in both eyes unless until I close my bad eye...

I am a newbie thou, and in a lot of peoples eyes Im sure just like with bikes I'll be considered an idiot with money. I am getting the same type of comments on gun forums as I do on here, I ask where to buy a $2000 part, and instead of people who don't know a damn thing about what I am looking for keeping quiet. They have ask why and mock why I would want to buy something like that, and just stir a pot instead of posting useful info for me. Funny on CGN I get about %80 BS comments, but then one or 2 people will PM me the info I need and start another conversation about it. Like they don't want to get chewed out for already owning what I am looking for also in the thread..LOL.

Back
Top Bottom