We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Car is in the shop, need to take my Mosin to gunsmith...odds of getting pulled over for having 48" rifle bag on my back while riding?

Possible to get pulled over, but I got pulled over twice with guns in my cage (once for a possible lane change charge he let me slide on and once for a RIDE check), and both times got waved me through on "being transported in full compliance with the Firearms Act" :cool:

Possible to get pulled over, but I got pulled over twice with guns in my cage (once for a possible lane change charge he let me slide on and once for a RIDE check), and both times got waved me through on "being transported in full compliance with the Firearms Act" :cool:

How did they know you had your firearms with you? Especially with the RIDE program stop?

People volunteer all kinds of info to cops. Not saying firestart did, but you never know.

That's how cops function. The inherent intimidation coupled with their assertive/aggressive attitude gets people to say all sorts of stuff. The cop isn't your friend, don't talk to it if you don't absolutely have to, and answer all questions with a simple yes or no.

People volunteer all kinds of info to cops. Not saying firestart did, but you never know.

That's how cops function. The inherent intimidation coupled with their assertive/aggressive attitude gets people to say all sorts of stuff. The cop isn't your friend, don't talk to it if you don't absolutely have to, and answer all questions with a simple yes or no.

I have no problems with saying it just to get a rise out of them lol... Like during the RIDE check, he asked me "where are you going?" and I said "just to do some shooting"... I wish I had an action cam to note the expression on his face as he went for his flashlight to inspect the car cabin :D That's when I told him, my restricteds are all in the trunk, unloaded, trigger-locked, in a case, locked away from any ammo and he waved me through :cool:

Where are you going?

"sorry, I don't see how that's relevant"

or

"*general area*, attending to personal matters"

Should be enough to make the robot go into its next question. I'd never volunteer the info that I have my guns in the car, and neither should you. That's playing with fire.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a shitdisturber lol mmm is giving you guys solid advice.

I would sass the fuzz, but at the same time I like not getting a colonoscopy whenever I deal with them

No reason to look for trouble where there isn't any. I'm polite but I keep my answers short and concise. When it comes to guns, unless I'm asked directly, they aren't mentioned. You can be sassy and a ****-disturber, but if you roll the dice and get an ignorant cop who wants to see the guns without having a decent understanding of the firearms act, you're pooched.

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Anyone know how to look up county bylaws? I have a ******** of land up in bruce county and I want to know if I can legally target shoot on my property, non restricted obv

Gun dude any suggestions for a local shop that is a trijicon dealer? Specifically one that stocks or at least can order me in a RMR dual illuminated 9.0 green dot? My slide will be done in 60-90 days and I want to make sure I have an rmr ready for it. Trying to avoid over the boarder shopping on this one, and would really like to see one in person before I buy. Would be a great if a store had all 3 models to look out but that's probably asking too much

Anyone know how to look up county bylaws? I have a ******** of land up in bruce county and I want to know if I can legally target shoot on my property, non restricted obv

Wouldn't you have to look up your municipality?

Wouldn't you have to look up your municipality?

Now there's an idea, still not sure exactly what I'm looking for though

Last edited:

Can you invite us to your ******** of land please? Friends don't let friends shoot alone.

Gun dude any suggestions for a local shop that is a trijicon dealer? Specifically one that stocks or at least can order me in a RMR dual illuminated 9.0 green dot? My slide will be done in 60-90 days and I want to make sure I have an rmr ready for it. Trying to avoid over the boarder shopping on this one, and would really like to see one in person before I buy. Would be a great if a store had all 3 models to look out but that's probably asking too much

Yep you're probably asking for too much. I'd call Tactical Products Canada and see if they have any. They're at Kipling/Jutland area. I found the service douchey but whatever, they're a dealer who may have some stuff in stock. Maybe call the Cabela's stores? The RMR is listed on their Canadian site as a stocked product.

Yep you're probably asking for too much. I'd call Tactical Products Canada and see if they have any. They're at Kipling/Jutland area. I found the service douchey but whatever, they're a dealer who may have some stuff in stock. Maybe call the Cabela's stores? The RMR is listed on their Canadian site as a stocked product.
Cabela has one on their site but it comes with a mount that I don't need and is $100 extra over the bare rmr. I'll check out tactical products canada, but do they have a retail store location? Or is it mail order web only type deal like a lot of them seen to be?

Sucks we can't see this stuff in person before buying, even if I could go to a big box store like sail or bass pro just to see and feel one before I spend $700

Tactical prods is retail.

Tactical prods is retail.

Kipling/North Queen area.. Good guys to deal with.. Also, check with Tetragon in Mississauga. They often carry stuff that's not on their website so it doesn't hurt to call.

I had a crap one and only experience with their shop but they do have inventory of some decent stuff.

The feeling I got was they cater to a cop crowd first and foremost.

Back
Top Bottom