We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

anything black and evil, AR15s and the like for competition, handguns for IPSC (production class), and others for target shooting at the range :)

anything black and evil, AR15s and the like for competition, handguns for IPSC (production class), and others for target shooting at the range :)

Lol about the same, but a single AR (IPSC and CQB, might do some 3gun), a single handgun (also in the Shadow division), one MR rig for competition abroad (I don't think our region has EVER thrown an MR match, bad enough with regular rifles until Chris and Dan decided to more than double our 5 year average in a single year) and a few others. Will get into shotgun (probably SM) this year as well.

My sister bought a rural property a few years ago. I immediately got my pal and hunting license. Have a decent collection of long guns and shoot a few times a month, targets and clays. Got my restricted last year but have yet to join a club.

Love to hunt and be outdoors in general. Target shooting is a blast!

I run cowboy action, IPSC and IDPA.

I'm mostly a black gun guy, except for my cowboy guns.

Did IPSC for couple of years .Tried IDPA and enjoyed it .Just no time for two hobbies .So I ride now .

i didn't shoot regularly for a few years as I really got into riding, but now find myself thinking about the shooting sports more (and buying a few more toys)

i didn't shoot regularly for a few years as I really got into riding, but now find myself thinking about the shooting sports more (and buying a few more toys)

Now if you really wanna blow your cash, check out the IPSC rifle match at EESA on May 24 :D

I know, I know...I weep when I see the possibilities and then look at the back account :p

BTW, anyone have any opinions on single point slings?

I was looking at the Magpul MS3 and MS4, but dunno which to get
(I'm loving Magpul stuff. They've got some really cool gear)

Stick with a 2 point adjustable. Single point will rub your neck raw unless you tread it through the molle straps on your tac vest and if you got anything over 10" barrel, you can get slapped around by the rifle, 3pt may interfere with the controls. 2pt, muzzle down worked great for me while moving around with the rifle slung all day. I'd go with something like this http://oneshottactical.com/collections/slings-attachments/products/bfg-vickers-sling-acetal-hardware or if you want all metal hardware, it's extra $20ish

The MS3 is convertible from 1 to 2 point.

Stick with a 2 point adjustable. Single point will rub your neck raw unless you tread it through the molle straps on your tac vest and if you got anything over 10" barrel, you can get slapped around by the rifle, 3pt may interfere with the controls. 2pt, muzzle down worked great for me while moving around with the rifle slung all day. I'd go with something like this http://oneshottactical.com/collections/slings-attachments/products/bfg-vickers-sling-acetal-hardware or if you want all metal hardware, it's extra $20ish

that's why i was eyeballing it and the MS4

I like it. It's very quick to switch from 1 to 2 point. Sling length is quick and easy to lengthen, not quite as easy to tighten it up as the adjustment point ends up over the shoulder.

cool. thanks.

I recently purchased a handgun (S&W M+P9) but I'm having difficulty trying to find a place close by to shoot, I'm in Etobicoke btw

I recently purchased a handgun (S&W M+P9) but I'm having difficulty trying to find a place close by to shoot, I'm in Etobicoke btw

Theres nothing close by, and really the only place that will take non-members is Silverdale on weekends, at $20 per visit. Or ask a member at Range Burlington to take you as a guest..

Theres nothing close by, and really the only place that will take non-members is Silverdale on weekends, at $20 per visit. Or ask a member at Range Burlington to take you as a guest..

Silverdale doesn't take walk-ins for restricted firearms (as far as I know, no range/club does in Ontario).
You have to come as a guest with an existing member or be a full member of another range.

You can get a temp ATT its just a phone call away, and they'll email it to you in minutes.

"I'm in the process of joining a range but need a temp att to test out my gun"

Regarding Silverdale specifically, maybe they changed their rules..but I don't see why they wouldn't allow restricted guns for walk-ins. They have before.

Silverdale doesn't take walk-ins for restricted firearms (as far as I know, no range/club does in Ontario).
You have to come as a guest with an existing member or be a full member of another range.

You can get a temp ATT its just a phone call away, and they'll email it to you in minutes.

"I'm in the process of joining a range but need a temp att to test out my gun"

Regarding Silverdale specifically, maybe they changed their rules..but I don't see why they wouldn't allow restricted guns for walk-ins. They have before.

you need to have a long term ATT

http://www.silverdalegunclub.com/new-shooter-inexperienced-packages/

easier to read their rules and regulations

I want to become a member of a club, just want to find one that isn't too far and is open long hours. What clubs are you guys part of?

Back
Top Bottom