Washer And Dryers... Any still reliable and able to last a decade? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Washer And Dryers... Any still reliable and able to last a decade?

I married mine. she cooks and cleans too...

Best deal if you ask me.
I don't think they make that model any more the new ones see to be decontented and missing some of the better features.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

as far as this thread goes, i still say if boss is talkin' top loader, good idea to pay attention..

Unfortunately to have wisdom you need experience or listen to someone else that has. We don't listen enough....or don't get told in time.

Been there, done that, got the tee... though it's a really nice tee, as I kept everything; yeah I know, my experience is the exception to the rule. Still, a rather unpleasant experience.

my experience was beyond unpleasant, but got thru it & all funny now lol

comes up for all, goes like this
[video=youtube;YR5ApYxkU-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U[/video]

& you end up keeping nothing

Last edited:
if you get thru it, goes like this
[video=youtube;U66rzHtW2qQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66rzHtW2qQ[/video]

Last edited:
Man do I feel lucky ... bought the house new in 1992 and STILL have the original washer, dryer, fridge, and dishwasher. That's 24 years and still going.

They're the basic of the basic appliances too ... I'll buy the same low-feature units in the future too (assuming they still make them).

Wonder how many really use all the features in newer models. 20 years ago I bought a mid range washer(feature wise) and didn't use much more than the regular cycle. Pretty much the same for the dryer, stove, dishwasher and fridge. They sell ya on all the extra features even if only a small % actually use em. Keepin' up with the Jones...

the only feature i'd like would be offset start time.
LG has delayed start settings if that's what you mean.

We've had our mid-range LG machines going on 7 years without issue. Use about 80% of the features. They were on special at Home Depot years ago.

Our washer drier is likely 30 or more years old
We replaced a couple of GE heavy duty commercial grade washer and dryer that decided 24 years of use was enough. They were awesome but couldn't find anything proper to replace them.

We've had our mid-range LG machines going on 7 years without issue. Use about 80% of the features.

Life's Good, eh?

Back
Top Bottom