Vevor.ca has anyone ordered from here. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vevor.ca has anyone ordered from here.

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever ordered from Vevor, I'm looking for a few items and they seem to have everything I need. I assume everything is just rebranded imports.
But for my light duty applications the prices seem to be very good, plus free shipping and a decent return policy.

Just wanted to gain some actual insight before opened my battered wallet...

Has anyone ever ordered from Vevor, I'm looking for a few items and they seem to have everything I need. I assume everything is just rebranded imports.
But for my light duty applications the prices seem to be very good, plus free shipping and a decent return policy.

I spot checked about a dozen common power tools (drills, saws, welders, etc.) and IMO the prices are not all that compelling, might as well just go to Princess Auto or Canadian Tire on sale (same, lower or close enough prices for similar quality). For PA even not on sale... Either or (CTC/PA) I would trust being able to warranty dead items easier in B&M vs online only sites. Now I did not check everything so maybe there are some real bargains there but I did not see it.

Might be better off going to the source on some items if you are not in a rush (aliexpress).

I spot checked about a dozen common power tools (drills, saws, welders, etc.) and IMO the prices are not all that compelling, might as well just go to Princess Auto or Canadian Tire on sale (same, lower or close enough prices for similar quality). For PA even not on sale... Either or (CTC/PA) I would trust being able to warranty dead items easier in B&M vs online only sites. Now I did not check everything so maybe there are some real bargains there but I did not see it.

Might be better off going to the source on some items if you are not in a rush (aliexpress).
Interesting, I was looking at some of the agricultural items. But If prices and quality are the same,
I'd rather sit at home and order, closest PA is about an hour away... And I always buy more than what I wanted...

Let me rephrase on "similar quality"

PA and CTC are a known entity (add in Rona and HD lower end brands in the same ball park), I do not expect these to be better I expect them to be similar at best (same source) and much lower at worst (there are lots of very bad stuff in no-name tools). For the small if any savings and the overall unknown I would not touch most of this stuff with someone else's wallet and a 10 foot measuring tape. Maybe they are gems, I give that a low chance.

I have a few cheepie items from them. Airbrush compressor with brush kit, $130. Air compressor head - stupid cheap $150 (VS $500 at PA). 8kw diesel heater in the boat $130

I've been happy with the purchases so far, everything worked and English instructions are included.

PA and CTC are a known entity (add in Rona and HD lower end brands in the same ball park), I do not expect these to be better I expect them to be similar at best (same source) and much lower at worst (there are lots of very bad stuff in no-name tools). For the small if any savings and the overall unknown I would not touch most of this stuff with someone else's wallet and a 10 foot measuring tape. Maybe they are gems, I give that a low chance.
The fringe tools on vevor interest me. Things like panel seamers which could make a job a lot easier but you don't use often enough to justify a good tool. Ime, vevor has far more of those types of tools than any physical store. Aliexpress may have them too but I find it hard to navigate the cesspool of almost identical products there. I would hope vevor sold a decent variant. That hope could be misplaced. I have never bought anything from them.

I use them for special tools I have a core drill I needed for one job worked well enough and was less than 10% of the cost of a name brand. I also have a lift cage not much to it and cheap. For regular use things may not be a good choice but for something to get a job done certainly.

Sent from the future

Dad and I bought a bunch of stuff from there. No issues at all. Just check prices against others as it’s hit and miss on savings.

While I respect your opinion and you have every right to post it.
I was asking for opinions of people that have actually purchased from Vevor to provide real feedback.
To be fair. What you are posting can be said about any store or business you have not had any dealings with.

They sell on Amazon (sold by, ships from .ca) so that could be a good way to hedge on returns if needed. And maybe I am too much of a tool snob...

Make sure to check pricing, their table saw for example is almost double the similar CTC Mastercrap one in price (on sale now) and only about 10% cheaper than the Dewalt. This is consistent with most of the common power tools I looked up (only maybe 10% cheaper than what looks to be the exact model, BB sales blows the prices away). Airbrush compressor mentioned above, is actually cheaper at CTC (the same one?) but you are about break even or lose a small bit as you need to buy the air brushes separate. Identical jigsaw that popped up is sold by HD and Rona under different brands, 72 for Vevor, 79 at HD and 80 at Rona (King) but both stores have cheaper ones of different designs.

There are a few like brands that came up during the crazy pricing during COVID, but many regular brand tools have dropped in price since then.... Make sure to check the regular big box before pulling the trigger... and keep in mind many go on sale regularly and tool sales are a thing again, don't like the current price on house brands, wait a few weeks.

Fringe stuff, single use, etc. can be hard to beat, agree there 99% but there are cheaper options yet.

While I respect your opinion and you have every right to post it.
I was asking for opinions of people that have actually purchased from Vevor to provide real feedback.
To be fair. What you are posting can be said about any store or business you have not had any dealings with.
Make sure to check the pricing, and they are sold by Amazon that is a good hedge on returns if needed.

Back
Top Bottom