Vagcom scan VW | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vagcom scan VW

mxs

Site Supporter
Anyone with Vagcom willing to scan my car (2010 Golf TDI)? Brampton/Mississauga area. My A/C doesn't work, I am sure the Vagcom will disclose few important bits.

Thanks

Last edited:
Pray its just a relay or connector, my TDI compressor, which is a constant on vane compressor was $1050.00 for the compressor. Was about $1400 to make it cold inside.
Wishing you good luck.

90% chance its the pressure sensor switch on top of the condenser. I replaced mine on my A4 last year. They corrode. Many of them on all VAG cars in this gen fail. I manually turned the valve on to create cold air with the vagcom software and I blew the top of the sensor off after a second of cold air.

I have a vagcom cable. I live in the yonge and eg area if you want to do a scan.

Thanks guys for the scan offer. I will PM you, once I have idea what's logistically easiest for me and you.

Pray its just a relay or connector, my TDI compressor, which is a constant on vane compressor was $1050.00 for the compressor. Was about $1400 to make it cold inside.
Wishing you good luck.

Not sure which model and what compressor you were quoted on, but the shop I go to (independant shop, not a dealer), when I discussed options with them, basically said the compressor is 625.00 and labour probably 2hrs, so should be under 1000 bucks all in. But I don't think it's the compressor, if anything it probably is the RCV valve (which is about 100 bucks to door) .... but that's premature because I need to find out why the radiator fans are not spinning at all. Because that's proven to stop A/C from working ... not working radiator fans no A/C in my car.

I am hoping the Vagcom will confirm more ....

Not sure which model and what compressor you were quoted on, but the shop I go to (independant shop, not a dealer), when I discussed options with them, basically said the compressor is 625.00 and labour probably 2hrs, so should be under 1000 bucks all in. But I don't think it's the compressor, if anything it probably is the RCV valve (which is about 100 bucks to door) .... but that's premature because I need to find out why the radiator fans are not spinning at all. Because that's proven to stop A/C from working ... not working radiator fans no A/C in my car.

I am hoping the Vagcom will confirm more ....

Can you spin the fans by hand, or are they seized?

On a gen iv TDI I had the fan over the A/C condenser fail. IIRC it was about $100 from Perjad and was easy to swap out.

Both fans spin freely by hand.

That's what I am hoping to determine whether the fan control unit or some thermoswitch bit the dust, because it's unlikely that both fans internals are shot yet not seized.

Coincidentaly, the AC quit on my '13 Passat TDI. Can I take it from this thread that the fix should be relatively simple and inexpensive?

Not really .... until you do some fact checking. If you have Vagcom it's much easier. I could be a silly relay module, burnt up radiator fan, RCV valve or the whole compressor. Or pinched line with no charge left.

If you have time and money, drive to a shop and let them have a look at it. The can hook up gauges measure low and high pressure etc. which will basically lead them to what's wrong.

BTW, you should still be under warranty, or your mileage is over? If not, let VW worry about it.

In Milton with a vag. You're welcome to borrow it for a few days if you want.

Sent from my Z826 using Tapatalk

Not really .... until you do some fact checking. If you have Vagcom it's much easier. I could be a silly relay module, burnt up radiator fan, RCV valve or the whole compressor. Or pinched line with no charge left.

If you have time and money, drive to a shop and let them have a look at it. The can hook up gauges measure low and high pressure etc. which will basically lead them to what's wrong.

BTW, you should still be under warranty, or your mileage is over? If not, let VW worry about it.

Thanks mxs. Mileage is well over, so it's not covered under warranty.

Believe it or not, but apparently to check your radiator fans is the first thing to do. I guess it makes sense, the system will simply not let A/C run unless the fans are functional. Mine are not, so I know there's a first problem to remove. Unfortunately, that is something I hate doing. Taking a car apart and shorting pins to find out which connector or a box is the culprit ... :-(

The dealer tells me the large fan is shot, which has affected some high pressure switch or other. Quoted cost $1125 plus tax to fix. I told them to stuff it, that I wouldn't spend any more money on this steaming pile of VW crap. They said the small fan will likely go too, due to being overloaded.

I'm so ****** off right now I could just spit!

Going to the dealer after warranty expired is like going to your in-laws for sex advice. Find a good indie. I am do everything myself so I can't help with shops.

Sent from my Z826 using Tapatalk

Had I known VW TDIs were this much bother I'd never have bought the thing. I drove my last two cars to beyond 300,000km each and needed little more than oil changes, both were Ford Focus.

I'm getting rid of this VW.

Give perjad a call at precision tuning (905) 761-0233. He is in concord and is my go to guy for most vw parts in canada.

Thanks for the number, I do appreciate it, but I've made up my mind this pile is history.

The dealer tells me the large fan is shot, which has affected some high pressure switch or other. Quoted cost $1125 plus tax to fix. I told them to stuff it, that I wouldn't spend any more money on this steaming pile of VW crap. They said the small fan will likely go too, due to being overloaded.

I'm so ****** off right now I could just spit!

That's a dealer steep price I would say. On my car it's actually the smaller aux fan shot. Although my compressor is gone as well and needs to be replaced too .... for a compressor and smaller fan, I was quoted 1200 + tax.

I haven't really decided whether to do it or not.

If you hate the car, don't get rid of it now .... I assume you have heard of the VW legal problems in NA .... unless of course you cannot even look at the car anymore.

If you are close to Orangeville I can give you a good shop.

Had I known VW TDIs were this much bother I'd never have bought the thing. I drove my last two cars to beyond 300,000km each and needed little more than oil changes, both were Ford Focus.

I'm getting rid of this VW.

Back
Top Bottom