Used car sanity check | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used car sanity check

My dad just got ripped off by an oil change upsell. - Service manager came out and showed him slight uneven wear on passenger side front tire. Recommended an alignment, vehicle has been pretty good not needing any major repairs so my dad said what the ****, go for it. He gets home and looks at the computer printout and they didn't even touch the front end. Driver side rear tire was out something so small like 0.2 Degrees. (Don't quote me on exact measurement but was pretty much negligible) He called and emailed to get money back but don't think they responded. They lost a future customer for $150.

My dad just got ripped off by an oil change upsell. - Service manager came out and showed him slight uneven wear on passenger side front tire. Recommended an alignment, vehicle has been pretty good not needing any major repairs so my dad said what the ****, go for it. He gets home and looks at the computer printout and they didn't even touch the front end. Driver side rear tire was out something so small like %0.2 (Don't quote me on exact measurement but was pretty much negligible) He called and emailed to get money back but don't think they responded. They lost a future customer for $150.
I had a dealership try that. "Your alignment is out, do you want us to fix it for $200". Show me the printout. It was out by fractions of a degree. Nope. Not approved. "We already fixed it, just pay." Nope. "Fine. You don't have to pay for it this time".

I had a dealership try that. "Your alignment is out, do you want us to fix it for $200". Show me the printout. It was out by fractions of a degree. Nope. Not approved. "We already fixed it, just pay." Nope. "Fine. You don't have to pay for it this time".
Took my Elantra into Ontario Hyundai last fall for a recall (ECU reflash). When I went to pick it up the service advisor said, "Your rear brake pads, rotors and calipers all need to be replaced. We can replace everything for only $1700." I was thinking WTF are you doing looking at the rear brakes during an ECU reflash???

She started pressuring me to get them replaced, saying that the car was unsafe to drive. I told her that I'd just replaced the rear pads and rotors 2 months ago and re-built and painted the calipers (they were still nice and shiny at the time). I then asked why there was no warning on the service ticket to re-torque my wheels, considering that they would have needed to take the wheels off to properly inspect the calipers. She had nothing to say about that and then tried to charge me a diagnostic fee of $175 despite the fact that I was there for a manufacturer's recall. Had to escalate to the service manager to get the charge dropped. Needless to say I'm never going anywhere near Ontario Hyundai again.

Took my Elantra into Ontario Hyundai last fall for a recall (ECU reflash). When I went to pick it up the service advisor said, "Your rear brake pads, rotors and calipers all need to be replaced. We can replace everything for only $1700." I was thinking WTF are you doing looking at the rear brakes during an ECU reflash???

She started pressuring me to get them replaced, saying that the car was unsafe to drive. I told her that I'd just replaced the rear pads and rotors 2 months ago and re-built and painted the calipers (they were still nice and shiny at the time). I then asked why there was no warning on the service ticket to re-torque my wheels, considering that they would have needed to take the wheels off to properly inspect the calipers. She had nothing to say about that and then tried to charge me a diagnostic fee of $175 despite the fact that I was there for a manufacturer's recall. Had to escalate to the service manager to get the charge dropped. Needless to say I'm never going anywhere near Ontario Hyundai again.
Hyundai dealers are one of the scumbiest in the industry close second to RAM

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom