Unmarked Police Vehicles | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unmarked Police Vehicles

If your seeing that vehicle with someone pulled over "all the time", then obviously there is a need to raise the speed limit in that area to reflect the 85th percentile. and as someone earlier eluded, the fools aren't getting the message that the cops are there to fill their quota and make money. I expect you will see the vehicle swapped out with something else soon enough.

Fixed it for you.

There should be a sticky on GTAM for where cops like to hang out LOL! There are a couple spots in Halton where cops are 95% of the time. 2 butt buddies in a grey unmarked Ford Escape that chill on Plains road just north of where Snake Road ends. Gotta hand it to them though, that is a prime spot where people would like to speed!

Maybe if the policed started to actually pull people over for all the crap going on the roads these days, maybe people would get the point. As it is, nothing in my view is really being done. I hardly see police on the roads or highways or anyplace. Yes they have unmarked which I may not notice but the point is if people keep being allowed to be reckless then this just all gets worse for everyone.

Fixed it for you.

Definitely agree with your fixes if the problem were just people speeding, however, OP notes that he always sees someone pulled over every time he passes though the same intersection.

We don't know if people are actually being pulled over for speeding, running red lights, distracted driving, or some other offence.

I feel that there are cops that understand that people should be following flow of traffic rather than driving dangerously slow for the flow of traffic, but there are also cops that simply pick one out of the bunch to hand out a speeding ticket - just because "it's the law".

Maybe if the policed started to actually pull people over for all the crap going on the roads these days, maybe people would get the point. As it is, nothing in my view is really being done. I hardly see police on the roads or highways or anyplace. Yes they have unmarked which I may not notice but the point is if people keep being allowed to be reckless then this just all gets worse for everyone.
Where are you located? Halton and Peel are swarmed! I have noticed so many more pigs on the road since the weather has got nicer...it's nuts! :confused2:

Where are you located? Halton and Peel are swarmed! I have noticed so many more pigs on the road since the weather has got nicer...it's nuts! :confused2:

I am in Scarborough, basically I mostly commute etc around central GTA.

Well that is the problem, it shouldn't just be the warmer weather it should be all year round. But yes I have noticed they have been out there, in presence, more then usual.

The other day I was cut off by some jerk. I was on the 401 I had to move into the far left lane to merge into the express. I was going 20 over the limit at this point. This guy was wayyy back from me several kilometers, so it wasn't like I just jumped in front of him. But nope he rolled up on my ***, then proceeded to drive around me, and purposely cut in front of me. When I say cut in front, it was literally like almost hitting my car. I don't get it. I don't expect cops to pull someone over for this (if they could great), but if they started to get on top of **** maybe this behavior would lessen.

Last edited:
I am in Scarborough, basically traveling around central GTA

Well that is the problem, it shouldn't just be the warmer weather it should be all year round. But yes I have noticed they have been out there, in presence, more then usual.
Cops in Scarb would also have alot more important ***** to deal with too. Not much for them to do in Halton other than bust teens for smoking up and dealing with traffic law

James snow Parkway and Dairy. I saw the ram black pickup truck you can tell it apart because it has custom rims on it in the swirl pattern. He had someone pulled over I shook my head and laughed they are sure getting creative with the use of vehicles. remember last year Toronto cops had work to rule the city lost 10 million dollars in Revenue purely from traffic violations and vehicular deaths did not rise. Just demonstrates how pure the grab is

Last edited:
Blinky
20131116_BLINKY_TOcopcar.jpg

It gets a bit more terrifying each time I see it. Stephen King's Christine has nothing on Blinky.

A little potted history for the GTAM youngsters: https://www.blogto.com/city/2013/11/that_time_the_toronto_police_had_a_talking_police_car/

Cops dont like pulling people over in the winter, much better to do it in the summer when the sun in shining, especially for trivial ****

James snow Parkway and Dairy. I saw the ram black pickup truck you can tell it apart because it has custom rims on it in the swirl pattern. He had someone pulled over I shook my head and laughed they are sure getting creative with the use of vehicles. remember last year Toronto cops had work to rule the city lost 10 million dollars in Revenue purely from traffic violations and vehicular manslaughter did not rise. Just demonstrates how pure the grab is

Vehicle manslaughter is generally a US term, in Canada we do not have that. Been watching too much Judge Judy ? ;-)

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicular_homicide#Canada

Definitely agree with your fixes if the problem were just people speeding, however, OP notes that he always sees someone pulled over every time he passes though the same intersection.

We don't know if people are actually being pulled over for speeding, running red lights, distracted driving, or some other offence.

I feel that there are cops that understand that people should be following flow of traffic rather than driving dangerously slow for the flow of traffic, but there are also cops that simply pick one out of the bunch to hand out a speeding ticket - just because "it's the law".

Speeding is the easiest thing to enforce and give evidence on in court. Assuming that the documentation and calibration is correct, its pretty hard to dispute. Predictable low hanging fruit compared to the more subjective offences where a cop has to be at the right place, right time and looking the right way. With the amount of distracted driving, unsafe lane changes and left turns etc. I see drivers doing while I'm riding, I sometimes think cops should be out on unmarked a-typical motorcycles patrolling for these other more dangerous offences.

Last edited:
Speeding is the easiest thing to enforce and give evidence on in court. Assuming that the documentation and calibration is correct, its pretty hard to dispute. Predictable low hanging fruit compared to the more subjective offences where a cop has to be at the right place, right time and looking the right way. With the amount of distracted driving, unsafe lane changes and left turns etc. I see drivers doing while I'm riding, I sometimes think cops should be out on unmarked a-typical motorcycles patrolling for these other more dangerous offences.

like the Aussies have..

"[FONT=&quot]Police say that in the past two months, the bike has not only caught speeding motorists, but also a lot of drivers texting and not wearing seat belts.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The bike also has cameras fitted to collect evidence."[/FONT]
Hayabusa.jpg

compared to their normal ones..

DSC08053.jpg

read more on the unmarked ones here: https://motorbikewriter.com/police-patrol-unmarked-hayabusa/

like the Aussies have..

"Police say that in the past two months, the bike has not only caught speeding motorists, but also a lot of drivers texting and not wearing seat belts.The bike also has cameras fitted to collect evidence."
Hayabusa.jpg
Being paid to ride a Busa all day.....what a sweet job! Lucky Ba**ard!

like the Aussies have..

"Police say that in the past two months, the bike has not only caught speeding motorists, but also a lot of drivers texting and not wearing seat belts.The bike also has cameras fitted to collect evidence."

Seems they got it correct, no reason why they can't do that around here. I really do get the impression in Canada we are way behind on a lot of things.

Fixed it for you.

Actually, you didn't fix anything. The OP referenced that vehicle targeting an INTERSECTION, highly unlikely it was doing speed enforcement in an intersection, but more likely red light, infractions, and no seat belts or perhaps even distracted driving, (people reading their text at red lights). But nice try, again if the vehicle is that busy then idiots aren't getting the message.

Back
Top Bottom