unexpected passengers and helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

unexpected passengers and helmets

bigpoppa

I cant be the only person in the history of riding in this scenario...

But what do you do if you end up unexpectedly with a passenger?
(You werent expecting a passenger, but you have one for a short ride, and you dont have a spare helmet)
What do you do? (from a safety, and legal point of view)
Whats the protocol?

Im not entirely familiar with passenger laws as 99% of the time I ride solo, from a safety perspective its definitely not ideal, but legally speaking can I get a ticket if im going on a short ride with a passenger without a helmet?

Or should I just start carrying a spare helmet just in case in these situations?

Gotcha, found some solutions

Unexpected? What are you, an amusement park ride?? How many tickets to ride on Big Poppas Street Triple?

I met my wife because of the whole go-for-a-ride thing 30 years ago....oh my god SHE'S old now. 😁
Chicks dig the ballers! Always gotta be prepared!

What solutions?

My understanding is there is basically zero tolerance and if anyone is riding without a helmet…ticket.

Unless your passenger is a Sikh and wears a turban. Then you’re good to roll.
apparently many bikes come with a little hook under the seat for precisely this reason, another possible solution is a bungee net

apparently many bikes come with a little hook under the seat for precisely this reason, another possible solution is a bungee net
Yes, and that’s to keep the helmet there when stopped. Pretty sure those hooks aren’t meant to keep a helmet steady and firm while riding.

Bungee net all the way. Or a tail bag, or through the elbow and carry it while you ride (not recommended).

I cant be the only person in the history of riding in this scenario...

But what do you do if you end up unexpectedly with a passenger?
(You werent expecting a passenger, but you have one for a short ride, and you dont have a spare helmet)
What do you do? (from a safety, and legal point of view)
Whats the protocol?

Im not entirely familiar with passenger laws as 99% of the time I ride solo, from a safety perspective its definitely not ideal, but legally speaking can I get a ticket if im going on a short ride with a passenger without a helmet?

Or should I just start carrying a spare helmet just in case in these situations?
You won’t get a ticket unless the passenger is an under 16, the passenger gets the ticket.

A DOT beanie is small enough to jam in a tail bag.

Dont worry guys, it will just be this
1709511124980.png

I'd be careful. There are different versions of DOT beanies. If you see a real and a fake together, you can quickly tell which is which. If a helmet-less passenger suffers brain damage, you could have more trouble than it's worth.

I'd be careful. There are different versions of DOT beanies. If you see a real and a fake together, you can quickly tell which is which. If a helmet-less passenger suffers brain damage, you could have more trouble than it's worth.
That might be an argument for the fake.

That might be an argument for the fake.
It's legally required gear. If you let them ride without it, you might be held partially responsible for their death or injury.

Back
Top Bottom