U.S. to Canada motorcycle shipping | GTAMotorcycle.com

U.S. to Canada motorcycle shipping

If anyone is looking to ship a bike internationally go to a site called Uship.com. I saved $500 in shipping and had it delivered in 2 days rather than 3-4 weeks. I can give you the number of the person who delivered my bike, but I do not want to publish his number.

Seems like a cool option...how much did you end up paying?

Expensive... (not to rain on anyone's parade). Their recent motorcycle shipping transactions are more expensive than what some of the higher end companies in the US are charging...

^^ you are SOOO wrong. I was quoted 350 USD but I paid $500 and had it here in 3 days.. I called 2 other places who advertise here and the price would have been 1000+ and a minimum of 3 weeks to wait. So I'm not sure who quoted you but your VERY mis informed.

^^ you are SOOO wrong. I was quoted 350 USD but I paid $500 and had it here in 3 days.. I called 2 other places who advertise here and the price would have been 1000+ and a minimum of 3 weeks to wait. So I'm not sure who quoted you but your VERY mis informed.
Do they do the customs, brokerage and handle the other paperwork for you?

Oooh, let's have a flame battle! :)

I have a bike dealership. i.e., I think, know a thing or two about bike shipping, especially within and from the US.

Also, if you're SOOOO into that service, it seems to me like you're promoting it - something we should know? ;)

Sure lets have a battle. Obviously you have no clue about shipping costs and would rather talk s**t about this site to try and attract customers ;) I'm not a mathematician but I'm pretty sure $500 is less than $1000 and i'm also pretty sure that 2 days is alot less than 3-4 weeks if I seem to be wrong please correct me ;) they did not do the customs work that part is simple call a broker and they do all the work for a very small fee.

and yes it is a great site, but sadly i dont have anything to do with them. I bet that upsets you because now my post can not be removed. Bottom line I wanted to use the people who support this site but the prices and shipping times were just crazy, so i saved money and had my bike delivered right away.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips man! i got a quote $2000us for a 2008 gsxr600,custum taxes included!!is this too much???

depends where the bike is.. I had a bike from Tennassee and I paid 500 shipping only because I wanted it picked up next day. PM me and I will give you 2 guys numbers. Ican only vouch for the person I used.

Sure lets have a battle. Obviously you have no clue about shipping costs and would rather talk s**t about this site to try and attract customers ;) I'm not a mathamitition but I'm pretty sure $500 is less than $1000 and i'm also pretty sure that 2 days is alot less than 3-4 weeks if I seem to be wrong please correct me ;) they did not do the customs work that part is simple call a broker and they do all the work for a very small fee.

and yes it is a great site, but sadly i dont have anything to do with them. I bet that upsets you because now my post can not be removed. Bottom line I wanted to use the people who support this site but the prices and shipping times were just crazy, so i saved money and had my bike delivered right away.

Hmm, attract customers to what? A shipping business I don't have? :) No clue about what helps me make my trade easier? :)

You may not be a mathematician, but you are a spelling bee winner :)

Anyhow, arguing on the Internet is like competing in special Olympics - even if you win, you're still a retard ;)

yeah it's kinda funny your the idiot that decided to spew your garbage here and start all of this and for no reason at all except to try and scare people from bringing a bike over from the states in hopes you would grab a sale. And then you decided to say that they are expensive, so if they are half price from the site supporters here then that would that make their prices ?

heres a lil tip dont bother putting your 0.02 when you have no clue what your talking about :). I made this post to help people who would like to save a buck or get a bike with a colour scheme not available here in Canada, not to defend them. But I'm not going to let you lie about the service I was provided when it saved me alot of time and money.

Wow, look at the wonderful depth of your vocabulary - "an idiot THAT decided to spew your garbage". Almost Shakespearean, if not for the poor grammar.

Being a site supporter, means you're donating money, so the wonderful resource called GTAM can continue it's existence, helping people, and occasionally entertaining them with spectacular pearls of grammar and opinion, like "mathamitition". It will definitely end up in someones signature.

FYI, I don't charge people for shipping - not a cent over what I pay for it, and I provide invoices to prove that. So, since this discussion carries on in such an eloquent fashion, here is an example of my lies:

http://www.uship.com/shipment/2007-Suzuki-SV-650/589376668/

This shipment on average costs $250, on a rainy day and not the $377 the client paid. I don't want to hurt anyone else's business, so I won't post what I pay for similar transportation, but there's still lots of room left.

Last but not least, most of us evil importers take care of your bikes, by doing paperwork, legally registering them and generally doing lots of annoying legwork, as well as ensuring your motorcycle is mechanically safe, carries a valid safety certificate, had all the proper recalls done and etc. In some cases, we become SO evil, we even provide a warranty (not to mention that if your bike is DOA, it is our problem and not yours, since we use our own money to buy the bike (which we stole from someone else).

So, bottom line, bike importers are exceptionally evil, they lie, they cheat, they steal, and most of all, they come to your house at night and drink your blood. How else do you think we survive?

I'm well aware that the usual rate is less than what i pay, my deal was I pay 500 and the bik is here in 2 days no questions asked. i could hve save a few hundred but I'm very impatient.

yes soo much legwork. call a dealership or bike shop pay them to look over the bike, wow you poor guy your soo over worked. and the recall letter is also just a phone call away also. If someone wants to be lazy you provide a great service and to be honest I was going to look at having someone do it for me, but the process really is not that hard so i did it myself.

Now I posted this site so I could help others WHO WANT TO IMPORT THEMSELVES and not to start a "pissing match" and obviously your not going to disclose your shipper and I dont blame you. But to some of us me included I had no idea there was other options for having a bike delivered besides the bigger shipping companys who as you well know charge WAY more than the people we both use. So to put an end to this lil pre teen drama session if anyone would like a number to ship a bike feel free to Pm me.

yeah it's kinda funny your the idiot that decided to spew your garbage here and start all of this and for no reason at all except to try and scare people from bringing a bike over from the states in hopes you would grab a sale. And then you decided to say that they are expensive, so if they are half price from the site supporters here then that would that make their prices ?

heres a lil tip dont bother putting your 0.02 when you have no clue what your talking about :). I made this post to help people who would like to save a buck or get a bike with a colour scheme not available here in Canada, not to defend them. But I'm not going to let you lie about the service I was provided when it saved me alot of time and money.

You do realize that Uship is not a shipper don't you? They are simply a web site that will auction your shipment off to a shipper. If you happen to get one that is coming here anyways at that time, you will get a good price, if you cannot find one that is coming here around when you want, you will pay more. Just because you got your bike cheap, does not mean everyone will get the same rate. As for brokerage, they are a pain to deal with, and I know this from firsthand experience. Dealing with a broker near the airport (where my bike came in on Forward Air from Dallas) and me living in Ajax, was not an easy transaction. Is my experience anymore normal than your's? Who knows, but, I do know enough to know that when dealing with bidding, you cannot say they will charge the next person the same amount. You cannot even expect to get the same price again for yourself.

I used uship to get a contact with them. I screwed up and added my cell number and I had 3 guys call me right away before my add was flagged because I did not read the rules and your not allowed to add a number.
I know 110% I will get the same price again. and I had no issues with my broker at all I used S.M. Hewit. So again if anyone wants a contact to call for shipping PM me, if your here just to argue get a life. For the LAST time I posted this thread to help fellow riders but seems some people would rather beak off and turn this into an arguement.

For the LAST time I posted this thread to help fellow riders but seems some people would rather beak off and turn this into an arguement.

No one has ever argued with your desire to help, and despite your numerous attempts to insult me personally and the dealer community in general, I can only thank you for that desire.

That being said, the whole point of a forum is to have discussions. And the point of the discussion was simple - you think it's a great resource, others beg to differ. You can call this an argument, but that is far from it.

In other words, try to accept criticism with a grain a of salt - it's just an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom