Two wheel motorsports | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two wheel motorsports

slowess

saw an ad for a bmw R1250RS with no pictures and no description except coming soon so I called and asked about it. Ron quickly posted some pictures so I went there the next day saw the motorcycle in person and when I asked about accessories he said it should come with gps and topbox but no panniers . He said he doesn’t know where the sales person who took in the trade put it but he will find out and send me pictures next day. Also promised bike will have fresh oil change , new battery and bike delivered to my address. So I signed a contract and left a deposit. He put a month for delivery which I thought was fine. No updates for a week and a half then sales manager jumps in says no gps no top box nor oil change sorry it was a mistake if you don’t want it we will sell it to someone else we have two people interested. And you have two days to decide….

saw an ad for a bmw R1250RS with no pictures and no description except coming soon so I called and asked about it. Ron quickly posted some pictures so I went there the next day saw the motorcycle in person and when I asked about accessories he said it should come with gps and topbox but no panniers . He said he doesn’t know where the sales person who took in the trade put it but he will find out and send me pictures next day. Also promised bike will have fresh oil change , new battery and bike delivered to my address. So I signed a contract and left a deposit. He put a month for delivery which I thought was fine. No updates for a week and a half then sales manager jumps in says no gps no top box nor oil change sorry it was a mistake if you don’t want it we will sell it to someone else we have two people interested. And you have two days to decide….
does it say GPS/top box/oil change on the paperwork?

Did you get it in writing? They are known to be sleazy I would never buy anything there.

Sent from the future

Did you get it in writing? They are known to be sleazy I would never buy anything there.

Sent from the future
Almost every dealer has a sleazy sales guy or two I've found.
The only honest sales guy I've ever dealt with is dominic at budds motarad.

(Unfortunately I dont really find the BMW lineup exciting atm)

OMVIC will hold the dealers feet to the fire. Call them.

We all want to believe it, but who is really checking? :cautious:
Fair enough, but to actually declare that you WON’T be doing it, I’ve never experienced that before.
I have only purchased from 2 dealers (only used)
GP Bikes - good communication, willing to haggle on price a little, but super lowballed me on my potential trade in. Overall experience did feel a little impersonal, probably because they are always so busy.
Markham Outdoor Power - can’t say enough good things about them. Great communication, really worked with me, fair on price and trade in. Swapped out a front sprocket, oil change AND brand new tires (“just to be safe”), and this was AFTER we settled on a price. 😍. If I was still into Honda I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Fair enough, but to actually declare that you WON’T be doing it, I’ve never experienced that before.
GP Bikes - good communication, willing to haggle on price a little, but super lowballed me on my potential trade in. Overall experience did feel a little impersonal, probably because they are always so busy.
Markham Outdoor Power - can’t say enough good things about them. Great communication, really worked with me, fair on price and trade in. Swapped out a front sprocket, oil change AND brand new tires (“just to be safe”), and this was AFTER we settled on a price. 😍. If I was still into Honda I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
You've reminded me I owe GP a word or two.

Almost every dealer has a sleazy sales guy or two I've found.
The only honest sales guy I've ever dealt with is dominic at budds motarad.

(Unfortunately I dont really find the BMW lineup exciting atm)

My understanding is that Ron is one the co-owners there.
His word should be trustworthy.

Who was the person who called you back and say no?

Yeeeowww!

Never bought a bike from them, but I used to buy lots of Honda power products and parts. I stopped buying Honda anything after they price gouged me, once by $250 on a small genie during an ice storm, and another where they charged me $12 for a spark plug that was $4 in their parts catalog.

My understanding is that Ron is one the co-owners there.
His word should be trustworthy.

Who was the person who called you back and say no?

Jim general sales manager .

And sadly no I took their word for it saying they’ve been in business for forty years blah blah . So not in writing

I mean Ron didn’t give me any negative vibe I don’t even negative feel so I don’t even negotiate and just signed what he offered.

What really ticked me off was that they put 30 days to delivery, took 12 days to get the bike ready then tell me no accessories and told me to think about it but had to give them an answer by noon Saturday or we’ll sell the bike to someone else….

Jim said send e-transfer for balance and then I realized sending 16k by e-transfer will take many days so I emailed and asked if bank draft to the driver would be acceptable and he didn’t even reply

damn, always get it in writing :cry:

personally, i'd go back in and ask for the owner, explain the situation. i'd ask for exactly what was promised and an apology to my face for the inconvenience. failing that, i'd go OMVIC and negative report anywhere i could leave a review.

This place has been a big red flag for a while. If this is how they treat you now, what are the chances the bike is actually as represented? I'd be running away. Oh, and if you still decide to buy it, and plan on servicing it there, you can expect the mechanic to joy ride it as well.

Jim general sales manager .

And sadly no I took their word for it saying they’ve been in business for forty years blah blah . So not in writing

I mean Ron didn’t give me any negative vibe I don’t even negative feel so I don’t even negotiate and just signed what he offered.

What really ticked me off was that they put 30 days to delivery, took 12 days to get the bike ready then tell me no accessories and told me to think about it but had to give them an answer by noon Saturday or we’ll sell the bike to someone else….
Never let people or a company hold you Hostage, I would tell them the deal is off and walk

I don't think you have any recourse against the dealer. The value adds you listed should have been in the sales contract.

They're offering to cancel the sales contract, so this is a tacit acknowledge that the deal has changed. It could be worse. They could be trying to force you to follow through with the purchase.

Question in my mind is did the sales guy offer you value adds in good faith, and then get reamed out and over ruled by the sales manager who disagreed with his offer? Or, did the sales guy deliberately suck you in by offering you value they had no intention of following through with? You'll probably never know.

Why bother arguing with them, just move on, there are lots of bikes out there.

Back
Top Bottom