Turbans vs Helmets | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turbans vs Helmets

I want to mountain climb knowing I'll get a free helicopter ride off the mountain if need be.

OHIP charges a $45 co-payment for a simple ambulance ride. You'll be in for a rude awakening when SAR hands you the bill for the helicopter ride.

OHIP charges a $45 co-payment for a simple ambulance ride. You'll be in for a rude awakening when SAR hands you the bill for the helicopter ride.

THX FMJ, I am aware of the encroachment of user fees. The disparity between what I want and what I get is irksome to say the least.

THX FMJ, I am aware of the encroachment of user fees. The disparity between what I want and what I get is irksome to say the least.
If you plan with a couple buddies you can split the bill

Maybe this could work;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Turban.jpg
    Turban.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 115
LOL, although mine has that sikh look about it, but helmet protector protector appears to be CSA & snell certifiable.

Or a Gary Busey helmet protector protector.

2OKmzOn.png

I really don't care. If a Sikh wants to ride a bike with their turban, so be it.

No helmet? Fine by me.

But it it doesn't color match with the bike and gear, I will ridicule the mofo as the door is wide open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will care when you have to foot the bill for their medical expenses.

----

This whole Politically Correct movement needs to stop, yesterday. What's next? Wearing clothes is against my religion so I should be free to walk around naked?

----

This whole Politically Correct movement needs to stop, yesterday. What's next? Wearing clothes is against my religion so I should be free to walk around naked?
No. Mandatory nakedness for everyone.

You can't be hiding ***** from anyone!

----

Look, I'm footing the bill for cancelled Gas powered hydro plants and ehealth records and Sentor expenses for vacation home, increased hydro rates because I don't use enough etc.

In the grand scheme of things, turban riders involved in collisions is really low on priority of the things I pay for.

I'm willing to even give them a pass.

Now if we focus on those other things, that would be great.

Look, I'm footing the bill for cancelled Gas powered hydro plants and ehealth records and Sentor expenses for vacation home, increased hydro rates because I don't use enough etc.

In the grand scheme of things, turban riders involved in collisions is really low on priority of the things I pay for.

I'm willing to even give them a pass.

Now if we focus on those other things, that would be great.
Why combine the two issues?

Don't add to the tax bill....

Why combine the two issues?

Don't add to the tax bill....

Meh. I'd rather focus on the big picture stuff. And it still doesn't change.

This country voted overwhelmingly for tax and spend.

I did my part and now I'm just going to fill my tank and ride.

I'm even going to wave to all the turban wearing riders I see.

If that is all they want, I say they finally got one over on the government.

Wish I wasn't a man. White. And old. Apparently, I'm the worst of the worst.

It costs well over $100 grand a year to warehouse a Canadian inmate and that includes the volume discount. A boutique care facility with on call ball washing is going to be mighty pricey over the long haul.

$500.00 to $600 a day for a 24/7 attendant. Plus the room and board, tests, meds. An elderly friend just went through it.

Outside of Ontario I don't think OHIP picks up squat other than basic treatment. There is reciprocity with other provinces for most treatments but meds and transportation are often not covered. OHIP might pick you up off a mountain in Ontario but first we'd have to have a mountain.

That's why you need out of province insurance even if you're not going to the USA.

I really like the idea of asking a turban wearer if they intend to wear a helmet but the next year the insurers will be asking everyone if they wear full face. The following year it will be about leathers and boots.

$500.00 to $600 a day for a 24/7 attendant. Plus the room and board, tests, meds. An elderly friend just went through it.

$600/day x 365days/yr x 70yrs == $15,330,000, just for the attendant care. Doesn't account for extras of the sort you mention.

Meh. I'd rather focus on the big picture stuff. And it still doesn't change.

This country voted overwhelmingly for tax and spend.

I did my part and now I'm just going to fill my tank and ride.

I'm even going to wave to all the turban wearing riders I see.

If that is all they want, I say they finally got one over on the government.

Wish I wasn't a man. White. And old. Apparently, I'm the worst of the worst.

And who was in charge running the show since day 1, therefore all the things that occurred happened because your leaders pandered to get elected.
Oh, the Christmas tree offends you, we will take it down and so on and so on.

This should be seen less as a religious issue, and more as one of personal freedom. If it is indeed your life (and it surely isn't anyone else's) then you should have the freedom to take risks. Of course there is the old societal burden theory made by bleeding hearts who just want to protect everyone from themselves, but the state of Michigan has really trumped that argument by simply forcing non-helmeted riders to carry more insurance. It's always lost on Canadian grazing lambs that most U.S. states don't have a helmet law. Amazingly Canadians go berserk every time they see the Sikhs arguing for helmet freedom, when we could easily accommodate them and anyone else and make a buck off it too. I really don't see a problem with it.

I really like the idea of asking a turban wearer if they intend to wear a helmet but the next year the insurers will be asking everyone if they wear full face. The following year it will be about leathers and boots.

You can be sure that sometime this summer Ontario police will be issuing press releases about "record" this or that regarding motorcycle safety. Last year I think their angle was "motorcycle fatalities shoot to 7-year record" or some such nonsense (when the last 20 years have seen record low fatalities as a trend. The year before it was something different. The insurance companies bank on stuff like that to hammer the consumer.

Back
Top Bottom