Trying something new | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trying something new

Marchesini's do this from time to time(I don't use them for this reason)

I cant see how it can be the rim, for one because the front tire is fine, and 2 it took a **** load of PSI to get them to bead. Also even if you dont like Marchensini its not like they are rookies when it comes to making motorcycle rims....

Either way any suggestions for the time being....I will try re installing it but if that dont work what should I do....

Try again and put lots of lube on the rim and bead,if nothing works run a tube.

Last edited:
I finally found the only KX450F rotor in North America lol OPPracing in BC had one in stock, so I had them 2 day ship it to me, so I could have it for the weekend.....
My friend was too busy to fully machine the front rotor bracket for me, so I had him turn some blanks for me on his manual lathe...The I went to my other friends machine shop and had him machine the bolt holes...And then I took it to my shop and finished the outside and inside on my CNC machine...I just spent the last 2 hours machining it and then mounting it on the bike, what a serious pain in the ***! The caliper will not go onto the rotor unless I loosen the rotor while the wheel is on the bike and slide it over, put the caliper on it, then put the bolts back in...
IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0938-1.jpg

IMG_0942-1.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Now if I can just get the rear tire to seal, I can ride it Sat....I took the rim and tire to a shop today and we tried 3 times to remove and re install it using Wurth tire mounting paste. Each time it leaks all the way around on both sides every inch...They agree with me its the tire not the rim, so Im going to go to Pro6 and try to return it tomorrow...First of all its from 08, so its fairly old stock....And on the bead there is raised seams every inch or so that seams to be what is causing the leaks around the rim....The mechanic at the shop says they have never seen that on any slick before, and they have never had a Marchensini rim not seal at the bead....

Such a kick in the ***, all this work, money, and waiting for parts, and now I finally get everything and a stupid leaky tire is holding me back....

So I went to Pro6 this afternoon, and had them fill the tire and look at the leaks. They right away agreed something is wrong with the tire, grabbed another 165/55 slick they had in stock and mounted it...And it beaded up and sealed first try..So I took that so I could at least ride the bike for now.....And it seems to work good for may level of SM riding right now

Bike feels great, love the power, front brakes are amazing, and the slipper clutch it working like a dream! I had so much fun riding it today, its some of the best fun Ive had on 2 wheels in a long time....Stoppies on this bike are amazing, once I really get a feel for it I think I will be going really far with some serious carving at the end....

I only had 2 issues with my test run today, one being I really do need to add an oil catch can....After a few wheelies and stoppies it is pissing out a lot of oil.....And even worse the gas cap is spewing out tons of gas, in a wheelie I can actually look down and see it flowing into my crotch....Fire balls is the worst! Im going to have to fix that somehow right away....

you're luck you've got the 17in wheel.

We used to have to machine parts off the calipers to run the 16.5 front wheels with the 320mm rotor.

my hands still hurt from doing quick wheel changes.

Whats going on with this bike? Haven't seen an update lately. Are you coming out to Shannonville this weekend? No membership fees. Just normal entry fees.

I want to see this bike in person.

Haven't done much, but I did have some of the last parts that were silver anodized black to finish it off
IMG_1218-1.jpg

IMG_1246-1.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_4714-1.jpg

Other then that I am still looking for a good oil breather setup, as the location of my breather makes a mess when I wheelie the thing....I see there are some nice ones made out of aluminum for other brands/models of SM, but nothing specific for the Kawi. So I might buy one for another bike and modify it to mount to my bike...I cant stand the oil soaking my left shoe every time I wheelie it for distance...

That and I want to get some fat bars on it...And either have my leather suit repaired, or buy a new one and buy some MX boots so I can do some track days on it in the spring/summer

Bike looks amazing man.

I thought this bike was being built for supermoto.:confused:

Yes I want to do some supermoto track days, and hopefully when my friends get wheels and SM conversion we can get some cones and set up a little track to mess around on...I dont have a problem with doing some wheelies and stoppies in late March just got get some riding in and have some fun......

Back
Top Bottom