Trial & Error - Playing with my CBR600RRA suspension | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trial & Error - Playing with my CBR600RRA suspension

Its interesting when people ask for advice, are provided said advice based on experience and then choose to refute or ignore the advice when it does not fit with what they wish to here.

once and for all, when suspension is concerned, the proper term is DAMPING.

it is a term to describe Physics and mechanics.

Dampening is the action of making something slightly wet.

ie, if a suspension tuner was to read this thread, he would be dampening his/her pants by now from laughing so hard.

ABSOLUTELY OFF TOPIC.

murf - ride one "LIKE A PRO" for a significant time, then we'll talk.

Kellen - PRO / PRO :D

ducati rider - ( l like ducatis' :cool: )... Made by PROS

I got a new CBR600RR last year, took it to Mosport after a couple weeks with a bone stock suspension.
I had none of the issues you mention before or after making some minor adjustments. Ofcourse Im no where near as fast as you so maybe that's the issue. I can only hope to be a pro like you one day and understand suspension.

Last edited:
I got a new CBR600RR last year, took it to Mosport after a couple weeks with a bone stock suspension.
I had none of the issues you mention before or after making some minor adjustments. Ofcourse Im no where near as fast as you so maybe that's the issue. I can only hope to be a pro like you one day and understand suspension.

IM going to find a dedicated forum member to keep reminding everyone. My tires were mismatched with the weaker on the front

the weaker on the front
THE weaker on the front
THE WEAKER on the front
THE WEAKER ON the front.
THE WEAKER ON THE front

THE WEAKER ON THE... Guess what come next.

Im glad Mosport has a toronto street "run". Awesome! I bet that track has air conditioning in the track to better simulate the whole experience. Man ive been missing out. Instead of tire warmers. You can use tire coolers. SWEET! Now we can compare apples to oranges.

Ducati rider - Pics and updates on the way.

Last edited:
IM going to find a dedicated forum member to keep reminding everyone. My tires were mismatched with the weaker on the front

the weaker on the front
THE weaker on the front
THE WEAKER on the front
THE WEAKER ON the front.
THE WEAKER ON THE front

Im glad Mosport has a toronto street "run". Awesome! I bet that track has air conditioning in the track to better simulate the whole experience. Man ive been missing out. Instead of tire warmers. You can use tire coolers. SWEET! Now we can compare apples to oranges.

Weaker tire??

That's rich.

If someone put the same tire config on your bike without telling you, you wouldn't know the difference.

Weaker tire??

That's rich.

If someone put the same tire config on your bike without telling you, you wouldn't know the difference.

Huh, l opted to replace them right away. Ill just pull $500 bucks out of pocket not to mention for put a gun to my mechanics head to change the tire like... NOWWWW! It's high season. I had to wait my turn, even though l got skipped ahead a bit.

the weaker on the front
THE weaker on the front
THE WEAKER on the front
THE WEAKER ON the front.
THE WEAKER ON THE front

It's a street bike.....it spends 95% of it's time on the street. I don't bother changing the suspension setting between street and track.
Good Luck PRO !! Lol

So now that im a PRO, l can set my suspension. WOOOOHOOOOOO!

~~~~~ END THREAD!!!!!!

but seriously l remember when this thread used to be about suspension. Im glad we got it back on track

my theory is that his 600RR was set up to handle like a small ocean going vessel, and subsequently sought refuge in a soft quiet ditch somewhere.

Been extremely busy with work, and the amount of rain has not given me much time to ride. I'll do a mini update as soon as l can. Also ill be going ot my mechanic to do some Q & A. So it should be an interesting update with that hits

Been extremely busy with work, and the amount of rain has not given me much time to ride. I'll do a mini update as soon as l can. Also ill be going ot my mechanic to do some Q & A. So it should be an interesting update with that hits

Which National Pro rider/team does your mechanic tune for?

Back
Top Bottom