track suit shopping | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

track suit shopping

If you want to watch some decent reviews of suits and the features they offer, take a look at http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/motorcycle-race-suit-shopping-guide - Yes, I know they are from the US and not local.

I went through all of their vids posted and made my decision and then ordered locally

Most suits have individual reviews posted as well http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/leather-race-suits

thats was my first step.. unfortunately can't find any place with rstaichi stuff in stock(or even available on order) for example.. those videos are really helpful

I own a tachi best suit ever, fits a size big. I'm a 42 in every other brand and tachi I'm a 44 bought my suit from stg and they had it to my Usa address in 2 days, no hassle exchange policy if if doesn't fit no problem mail it back for the proper size

This used to be my signature, but Paulo didn't like it.

Someone mentioned earlier about Speedworx (Racer5). They have a very affordable suit (even more so if you have taken their course). I have seen that suit crashed a few times and it seems to hold up well. I am actually considering replacing my two piece with it. I looked at many threads about suits etc and I think all the brands make some decent suits and some not so much (price not necessarily meaning better). Before you spend a boot load of money maybe hang out at trackday or a Soar race day and see what people are wearing and ask them what they like. I would also pick John Bickle's brain a bit if I were you, who better to give you advice then the guy that fixes the suits. That is my noob .02 cents worth.

thanks, never heard of them, going to pro6 in couple of days will ask for them. thank you.

Spyke is really nice quality and comfortable, just replaced my nexo suit with one.....also a good suit at a lower cost. I have one of each hanging up on display after high speed crashes for the squids that stop by just to make a point..... with evidence ;)

Op, im in the sam boots, keep us updated what you end up getting

This season will be my first

Off the rack? Try Speeedworx
Custom? Heroic Racing

I bought one of those Joe Rocket suits that you don't like so much on sale because I'm not even 100% how I will like track days yet so I didn't want to invest a lot of money. They have them now at GP bikes for $349 no tax for anyone who's a size 38 which seems like a pretty good deal.

http://gpbikes.com/joe-rocket-speedmaster-12-0-leather-race-suit.html
Ive been to track before so i know its my scene... so i dont mind paying for quality.. you are right though in the presence of uncertainty not making a large investment is wise.

I got mine at riders choice because John is knowledgeable and he had some suits that are "last years" on sale. Maybe he still does? I haven't worn it yet but I'm very happy with it as far as fit. :dontknow:

I bought one of those Joe Rocket suits that you don't like so much on sale because I'm not even 100% how I will like track days yet so I didn't want to invest a lot of money. They have them now at GP bikes for $349 no tax for anyone who's a size 38 which seems like a pretty good deal.

http://gpbikes.com/joe-rocket-speedmaster-12-0-leather-race-suit.html

Not sure about the hate-on for JR stuff. I've worn mine for 5 seasons and crashed it multiple times - has done its job very well. Paid $500 at Royal. Also, JR is a Canadian company if I am not mistaken.

Not sure about the hate-on for JR stuff. I've worn mine for 5 seasons and crashed it multiple times - has done its job very well. Paid $500 at Royal. Also, JR is a Canadian company if I am not mistaken.

It's just uninformed opinions. They are or were a Canadian company unless somthing has changed.

Funny, the #1 Canadian plate holder is wearing a JR suit and so is some guy named Jordan Szoke.

Wow,, could I ever make a lot of enemies ,, I'm sorry but this is painful,, Think I just bit my tongue off.
Taichi,Spidi ,dainese,Spyke all fit more of a slender build,, then there are suits that fit more north american builds and also those of us that
don't have that perfect figure. So what works for you ,,that's great,,but other people are not you! So you get the suit that fits,, YOU. Not your friend.
Your armour has to be where it's suppose to be or it's useless. And listen up,,,ALL suits are junk compared to what they were 10 years ago. So basing your purchase on what you had or your buddy had ten years ago is stupid! Because they all build cheap and cheaper. Even those that have a big name and "were" bilt in Italy by leather craftsmen are now building in Bulgaria and Romania.
So get the suit that fits you well and is comfortable,, because if it does not fit,,it's junk and will hurt you.
And please, don't buy the 48 because it was cheap and figure it can be altered down to the 42 you really need. Most suits today can not be altered,,,,cheap!

Wow,, could I ever make a lot of enemies ,, I'm sorry but this is painful,, Think I just bit my tongue off.
Taichi,Spidi ,dainese,Spyke all fit more of a slender build,, then there are suits that fit more north american builds and also those of us that
don't have that perfect figure. So what works for you ,,that's great,,but other people are not you! So you get the suit that fits,, YOU. Not your friend.
Your armour has to be where it's suppose to be or it's useless. And listen up,,,ALL suits are junk compared to what they were 10 years ago. So basing your purchase on what you had or your buddy had ten years ago is stupid! Because they all build cheap and cheaper. Even those that have a big name and "were" bilt in Italy by leather craftsmen are now building in Bulgaria and Romania.
So get the suit that fits you well and is comfortable,, because if it does not fit,,it's junk and will hurt you.
And please, don't buy the 48 because it was cheap and figure it can be altered down to the 42 you really need. Most suits today can not be altered,,,,cheap!

+1^^ thank you, just won't a suit that fits me BEST.

You said the dainese fit you better than the JR. What was it about the dainese fitment that makes you want to try a better fitting suit?

I don't know of any shops that carry the number of suits (brands/sizes) that riders choice does nor keeps a dozen manufacturers in all sizes for you to try on. If the suit fits the suit fits.

Back
Top Bottom