Touring tips - the little things | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Touring tips - the little things

X2. I've fully switched to Saxx and MyPackage. They're both super comfy.

I don't want to touch the above with a 10' pole, but I did buy a pair of Sugoi cycling "liners" with padding in the butt and crotch.
I haven't tried them yet, but I'll be riding down to the Adirondacks in late June and I will see how they work.

Cheers,

Rob

I got what I thought were no-name seamless/breathable blah blah blah grundies from MEC and they turned out to be Patagonia ones and are pretty amazing.

designed for motrocycling not back packing and it's why they last. TANSTAAFL

I've been using the same crappy tire chair for about 15 years now or more. Likely cost me under 20$. Doubt it was designed for motorcycling.

That no slip matting from the dollar store is good if you have to strap one bag on top of another. It stops them from moving around.

Gold Bond powder comes in handy to put in socks and other undergarments on hot days.

I don't camp so when I prebook hotels, I always try to find a hotel that offers some sort of breakfast. It makes for easier mornings and I don't need to stop down the road. I usually take a few extra cereal boxes and fruit at breakfast for snacks later in the day.

I don't want to touch the above with a 10' pole, but I did buy a pair of Sugoi cycling "liners" with padding in the butt and crotch.
I haven't tried them yet, but I'll be riding down to the Adirondacks in late June and I will see how they work.

Cheers,

Rob
It'll change your life!!!

One word ... IMODIUM!

I have an iron gut so rarely need it but when I do and am on the road, I'm really REALLY glad to have it handy.

Thanks

Anyone know gp's exchange/return policy

My friend tossed the receipt

Pretty sure they log everything in the computer so receipt may not be necessary. Assuming it's unopened/used, I'd be surprised if they didn't give you a store credit.

Was just thinking how often I use my ear plugs at home to get a really solid night's sleep.......as i'm just about to do soon.

I do the same on the road.
I get a much deeper and more refreshing sleep.

Now not everyone can wear them long enough but for me - it's a sure fire way for me to get rested when touring...no matter how close to the freeways :D

Got a tip ...post it up.
Yeah yeah Shane .....the Subway trick is brilliant ;)

Are these custom small ear plugs? I find ear plugs uncomfy to sleep in.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

One word ... IMODIUM!

I have an iron gut so rarely need it but when I do and am on the road, I'm really REALLY glad to have it handy.

This +10000. I used to have an iron gut until I got a hernia.... Also a travel container of Advil Sinus works wonders.

I like to carry a small plastic bag for used socks and boxers....keeps them from smelling up the rest of my clothes.
My bike came with cruise and is prolly one of the best things they added along with 6 gal tank and 6th gear.
I've done the Subway trick and it works great....especially in the fall.
I roll my clothes for maximum packing and it work's great.
I guess my best tip would be siesta's.
I like to take one of these in the middle of the afternoon about 3pm.
Most interstate rest areas now have wifi and i've even found some city parks that also have it.
I either use my jacket or carry a light sleeping bag to lay on but just chill out for a hour and relax.
I'll grab my playbook and look at maps or hell just watch the clouds form and go by.

Read the whole thread. In summary Subway is good for everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom