Touring tips - the little things | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Touring tips - the little things

McDonald has French fries- French fries are potatoes- potatoes are vegetables- vegetables are healthy- McDonalds is healthy.

And vodka is a vegetable or grain depending on what you use and wine is fruit and beer....ahhhh....that reminds me....

I like using the free WiFi at McDonalds. I also buy a large coffee and fill up the cup (when finished) with ice and then dump the ice into my camel back.

Your credit card may also have 3 days of travel insurance free. Check with your credit card company. It can be extend for a fee of course but in general, they offer the first 3 days with no charge.

Good for little trips to PA etc.

The coverage is typically reimbursement up to a certain amount. Or charge to your card and it's waived.

I also have extended travel insurance with my employer and it's included for pleasure trips.

Check with your employer benefits package.

Lots of coverages/benefits available that many folks don't know about or look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When using the ferry to cross to the US through Wolf Island, bring cash.

I learned that one the hard way.

Thanks good tip.
Always carry some US cash for fuel as some of the pumps won't take a Canadian card.

Sheetz is an excellent spot for fuel, food and good espresso and even free wifi.

Sheetz1.jpg%7D

PA and south

Thanks good tip.
Always carry some US cash for fuel as some of the pumps won't take a Canadian card.

I'm sure its been posted already, but I've driven all across America and never had a problem with my card at the pump using the postal code trick. Take the numbers from your postal code and add two zeroes to make your "zip." I've done it with both my Mastercard and Visa

Generally that does work but
a) some of us have short memories ....:D
b) I did run into two places where it did not work.

I bought a $20.00 pair of floppy rubber overshoes at Wal Mart that I slip over my vented Motorcycle boots when it rains. They roll up into a cut down towel paper tube.

from the StromTroopers site for those without centre stands. Nifty

160674d1462918986-consensus-lifting-without-centerstand-20140310_152514.jpg

Now that is clever ...gonna put that in touring tips and go get one.

I have something like that as well, though never needed to use them as my goretex boots have never once let me down. Still nice to have, they pack small and just add another level of rain protection which is great when on a trip. They have glove covers as well that I think I might buy before my next trip. My gloves have been great, but sometimes I would like to be able to wear my regular daily riding gloves which are far from waterproof.

I always bring a small can of S1000 bike cleaner for doing spot cleaning and clean the tank or anywhere else I might rub up against if it rains so I don't scratch up the bike with road grime. Also, I always bring a small can of chain wax and apply at the end of the day or at least every second day. Been on a lot of trips where others only lubed before we left and when we got home and their chains/sprockets paid the price!

I always bring a small can of S1000 bike cleaner for doing spot cleaning and clean the tank or anywhere else I might rub up against if it rains so I don't scratch up the bike with road grime. Also, I always bring a small can of chain wax and apply at the end of the day or at least every second day. Been on a lot of trips where others only lubed before we left and when we got home and their chains/sprockets paid the price!
That sounds exhausting :)

I figure a grimy bike = experienced rider... :D
Then Ted from Rosey Toes must be one hell of an experienced rider. The last time I was there his Harley looked like it was ridden all winter and last washed in 2011.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Then a clean bike means the rider is inexperienced? Ya...ok.

Back
Top Bottom