To The Must Wear Gear All the Time Folks | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To The Must Wear Gear All the Time Folks

Those are dentists and accountants who don't know how to ride or draft. Also, those bikes in Halton hills are wayyyy North of $10K, closer to $20K. Not hard to spend $10K.

I was at the bakery in Goodwood once, old geezers and geezelles there on their bikes. Buddy pointed out that the "ten-speed" bike that was parked at the table next door was worth more than my motorcycle.. easily. :eek:

I was at the bakery in Goodwood once, old geezers and geezelles there on their bikes. Buddy pointed out that the "ten-speed" bike that was parked at the table next door was worth more than my motorcycle.. easily. :eek:

Not hard to do. I've sold some but the 3 bikes I have left are each worth more than my 13 gsxr.

Components. Materials. Etc. In theory heavier would make you strong but have you ever tried a 200 km ride or riding up the rockies? The lighter the better. My heavy road bike is 16.2 lbs with a durable set of heavy wheels to train on. Race wheels drop it in the 15 lb area. My light one is 13.5ish lbs. There are some nowadays that are even lighter. My full suspension mountain bike only weighs 20 lbs

Stupid old farts. (Lol) Who cares what something costs. Definitely not important, unless you have a point to prove. Theirs is bigger. Not impressed.

^^because of working in a shop when I was racing I used to get a laugh out of the rides we'd put on Tuesday nights. Customers would show with their high dollar everything and 5 minutes in I'd have to slow down because I'd drop them all while not even going fast. In the end I stopped going. You guys think tims is a pose fest with motorcycles... go check a cafe or hot spot with middle aged "cyclists"

I tried going up a hill once on a mountain bike. It sucked. I bought a motorcycle so I wouldn't have to again lol

Mountain is a riot. True you have to go up to go down but once you do it a little bit, it becomes addictive. I wouldn't part with my xc bike for anything
9ajunygy.jpg

Components. Materials. Etc. In theory heavier would make you strong but have you ever tried a 200 km ride or riding up the rockies? The lighter the better. My heavy road bike is 16.2 lbs with a durable set of heavy wheels to train on. Race wheels drop it in the 15 lb area. My light one is 13.5ish lbs. There are some nowadays that are even lighter. My full suspension mountain bike only weighs 20 lbs

Except that it really doesn't make a huge difference. Pro bikes are typically 18 to 19 lbs, even though the UCI minimum is 16 lbs. In the total mass picture , even 6 or 8 lbs doesn't really make a difference.
Expensive bikes shift better, handle better look better, but above $2500, they don't make you ride faster or longer. I ride a bike made up of $8k of parts.

Huge doosh effect in cycling in the last 8 years. Now it's dominated by business A types who take themselves far too seriously. In other words, much like track riders.

Dooshiness is sweeping the nation, it's all I can do to remain pure. Running around putting fingers in the dyke is getting tiresome.

Well 80 km on a 600 or a scooter going for slide your body does not know the diffrence and hitting a car the same. But im sure if you look like like you belong on a super sport you may get a few giggles from people.

Just t shirt , shorts and questionable helmets when me and the Squeeze rented a scooter in Greece. Full gear back home. Just saying........

Well 80 km on a 600 or a scooter going for slide your body does not know the diffrence and hitting a car the same. But im sure if you look like like you belong on a super sport you may get a few giggles from people.
If it's all about how you look to others, let's just rent a Mercedes like everyone else.

ridiculously priced high end pedal bikes is the new thing, there is nothing dooshy about it. They all had H-D products and dressed like pirates and rode 15 km to meet buddies for breakfast on Sunday. Now they have electro shift Cervelo bikes made of unobtanium. If some middle aged guy wants to ride a 18k carbon bike it doesn't make him dooshy, it means he can afford a toy. Guys that worked in shops should know this better than anybody else, no shop stays in business selling stunt pegs to BMX kids.

And Inreb, just let other dykes stick their fingers in the dykes.

Pretty much. Having ample resources doesn't guarantee doosh mastery--it means they're willing to spend on something nice, something unusual. That often means expensive. In my experience, they're often good, repeat customers.

How many riders drooled over the HP4 or Panigale? That doesn't say anything about them, other than premium products are nicer than non-premium products.

Last edited:
If some middle aged guy wants to ride a 18k carbon bike it doesn't make him dooshy.

That's understood. But if the second middle aged guy wants to ride a 19k carbon bike because the first middle aged guy wants to ride a 18k carbon bike that shows as a direct doosh hit in my $125 hard cover doosh spotters guide.

In cycling it almost always contains douche-baggery. Middle aged guys ride stuff like that almost always for bragging rights at the cafe. Go thee and it's all you hear them talking about. I'm still chuckling about the no difference between a 2k and 8k or.up bike however. There's a huge difference.

Sure people drooled over hp4s. There's gorgeous high end bikes all over. Mv, aprilia etc. Some get painted and parked at Dundas square purely for look at me rights. Some get raced. The difference is 40 somethings on 18k bicycles almost guaranteed don't get raced ever and their riders couldn't hang for 5 minutes even if they tried. It's a novelty to discuss while sipping some ten dollar coffee with the other pretentious douches on a patio.

Sure people drooled over hp4s. There's gorgeous high end bikes all over. Mv, aprilia etc. Some get painted and parked at Dundas square purely for look at me rights. Some get raced. The difference is 40 somethings on 18k bicycles almost guaranteed don't get raced ever and their riders couldn't hang for 5 minutes even if they tried. It's a novelty to discuss while sipping some ten dollar coffee with the other pretentious ******* on a patio.

and this is different than motorcycles how?

Back
Top Bottom