The Winter drivers are here! Hit and run (Video) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Winter drivers are here! Hit and run (Video)

Terrible idea.

The whole point of testing in the modern world is standardizing, and not personal-opinionizing. If the test is insufficient to determine skills, make it harder. Very simple equation.

And this takes care of the other two issues I mentioned how? I'm NOT saying this is a solution, just that there is a difference in knowing how to operate a car and being a good driver. We al know that person that we don't feel comfortable driving with. I'm talking about that scenario. Yes they got a license, but they are not a competent driver.

It isn't just a $115 ticket, insurance will go up and an accident will be on record for 7 years.

Sooo.... Apparently.... The hit-and-run driver got charged with a whopping $115 ticket for 'unsafe backing'...

Now something is really wrong there... Guess people should start "accidentally backing in to cars" to get back at them for whatever reason... Very small price to pay IF you get caught >.>

http://globalnews.ca/news/1715201/calgarys-worst-driver-receives-115-ticket/

She's been issued a $115 "unsafe backing" ticket. According to someone who spoke with the woman, she claimed she didn't know she had hit the vehicle.

Investigators didn’t mention the video to the driver and were not sure if she is aware of it.

The investigation is now complete, police said.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...eo-of-botched-backing-up-goes-viral-1.2864063

So... the driver just said "Did I hit your car? opps, I did not even know!" and instead of 'hit and run' she only gets a $115 ticket... what a lucky break! That's sarcasm - don't you think the actions of the police are suspicious? If this was not a hit and run, what is it?

The actions taken by Calgary police to conclude their "investigation" are indeed embarrassing. I wonder if the driver is the wife of someone at City Hall, or knows "people" in the right places. She is laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
It isn't just a $115 ticket, insurance will go up and an accident will be on record for 7 years.

How do you know?
Probably she just settled privately with the owner of the other car. That way, she would keep a clean insurance record, and learns nothing of all of this - except that money and influence can buy anything in Canada.

How do you know?
Probably she just settled privately with the owner of the other car. That way, she would keep a clean insurance record, and learns nothing of all of this - except that money and influence can buy anything in Canada.
I am going by what it should happen, but of course they can always settle.

I think everyone in Canada has learned that lesson long time ago.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that with that video she should be charged for reckless driving, in no way am I defending her, just making an observation that if they went through insurance it will be more expensive than $115.

How do you know?

Reported on the CBC yesterday

Sorry, the question was "how do you know that her insurance will go up and an accident will be on record for 7 years?"

Could be that now that they know who she is, the owner of the hit vehicle can pass that info to his insurance company and then they can go after her insurance for the claim/damages/etc. I think that's what he was getting at?

And this takes care of the other two issues I mentioned how? I'm NOT saying this is a solution, just that there is a difference in knowing how to operate a car and being a good driver. We al know that person that we don't feel comfortable driving with. I'm talking about that scenario. Yes they got a license, but they are not a competent driver.

I agree with that for sure.

Sorry, the question was "how do you know that her insurance will go up and an accident will be on record for 7 years?"
It happened to me 12 years ago, accident on record for 7 years, my insurance went up not only on the Insurance I had at the time, but subsequently when I moved companies.

If she hadn't reported it and they found her, wouldn't you think that they'd charge her with leaving the scene,
since there were so many viewers to teach a lesson to?

Once you've seen a motorcyclist pull out into oncoming traffic to pass at twice the speed limit,
and narrowly miss two cars and a truck, stuff like this is boring to watch.

People only spend 10% of there time in reverse! EVERYONE needs to practice it more.
Everyone get out there and practice.
[video=youtube_share;xDaPc0dPEdM]http://youtu.be/xDaPc0dPEdM[/video]

If she hadn't reported it and they found her, wouldn't you think that they'd charge her with leaving the scene,
since there were so many viewers to teach a lesson to?

"Calgary Police Const. Jeremy Shaw saw the video and Tweeted it, indicating they were looking for the driver. The video has been viewed more than two million times."

If they were "Looking for the driver", wouldn't that mean she didn't report it?

"Calgary Police Const. Jeremy Shaw saw the video and Tweeted it, indicating they were looking for the driver. The video has been viewed more than two million times."

If they were "Looking for the driver", wouldn't that mean she didn't report it?

Right up until she got the Tweet, that they were looking?

Then all of a sudden it might be a good idea to report it, before they found her.

It happened to me 12 years ago, accident on record for 7 years, my insurance went up not only on the Insurance I had at the time, but subsequently when I moved companies.

Did you expect different? That's what happens with an at fault collision claim...

That's why I always offer to just pay cash, regardless of the amount, and don't argue about the price and always offer the same to people that hit me. Strangely, most people I offer to let pay me cash just screw me around until eventually I make a claim against them, anyway. Not sure why so many people want to try to screw over someone that is doing them a favour.

Last accident I was in, I rear ended some lady. It was the best accident I've ever been in. She ended up telling my gf I was a "keeper" (for being honest), offered to get me a good deal on a wedding ring (she was a gemologist for some diamond company), and double checked that accepting payment from me wouldn't put me in a dire financial situation. She was also glad I didn't screw her over like her husband told her I was going to. Cost me $400 to fix her bumper (seems to be the going rate in my experience).

Back
Top Bottom