The w*rd filter. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The w*rd filter.

I thought I saw an infraction counter somewhere but I can't find it now. You get a PM with "you have received an infraction". I think they are like license points and expire with time.

I don't even see where it would display anymore, but I'm pretty sure that XF has infraction support, but it just be not configured to display it on our profiles, or may not display until you get an infraction. Maybe one of the mods needs to issue a minor slapdown to someone in this thread for testing purposes lol.

I remember I got an infraction about a week after I joined here for calling someone a name (I seem to remember it was deserved lol), but that was way back when the forum ran on vBulletin vs Xenforo, and XF is one of the few forum systems that I'm actually not super familiar with the behind the scenes stuff.

There are plenty of ways to communicate these days but I still don't think the need for a post or thread full of cursing is necessary.

Posts littered with profanity are a turn off to many people. It can also make new members afraid to interact. There are lots of different people on this forum and this level of filtering helps to make everyone comfortable.

There were already and still are lots of forums that allow you to curse and swear.
GTAMotorcycle.com was created for the rest of us.

The filtering feature is managed by admins. We also have to ensure our website will be a place of interest for advertisers so we can continue to ensure it's free for members.

Fair arguments, and I don't think anyone wishes to post tasteless expetive laden rants....but on the flipside, MaxxWrist really is a ********* and I think that needs to be said. 😜

Back
Top Bottom