The w*rd filter. | GTAMotorcycle.com

The w*rd filter.

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Ok, we're all adults here. I think many of us use some level of profanity on a daily basis, certianly online as part of our discussions in some circumstances where a certain level of strengh in a phrase is necessary.

IE:

- MaxxWrist is an *******.
- YammyNewb is a self absorbed **** up and often and makes us all look like jerks.

GTAM comes across as the 70 year old nun of websites, continuing to insist that our virgin eyes remain unscathed, however.

Maybe it's time to loosen it up a little? Discuss. 😜

Ok, we're all adults here. I think many of us use some level of profanity on a daily basis, certianly online as part of our discussions in some circumstances where a certain level of strengh in a phrase is necessary.

IE:

- MaxxWrist is an *******.
- YammyNewb is a self absorbed **** up and often and makes us all look like jerks.

GTAM comes across as the 70 year old nun of websites, continuing to insist that our virgin eyes remain unscathed, however.

Maybe it's time to loosen it up a little? Discuss. 😜
It already is loose if you can remember the words it ignores. I don't think it needs to be on but maybe there is a legal reason they keep it there (eg content is easily and freely accessible by public and children).

Use your 1337speak

Ok maybe not but nothing stops you from calling someone a farking @rsehole so quite yer beetchin
Iirc, attempting to bypass the filter is an infraction. I don't think swearing was though (probably because most got caught by the filter).

How can one find out how many infractions they have on record for their account?
And do infractions go expire after some time?

there is a legal reason they keep it there (eg content is easily and freely accessible by public and children).

I'd be curious to know as well. But seeing how kids can easily access adult content in this day and age it makes me wonder.
Speaking of which - I head rumours that there may be something in the works here to implement something similar to what Louisiana did recently...

How can one find out how many infractions they have on record for their account?
I thought I saw an infraction counter somewhere but I can't find it now. You get a PM with "you have received an infraction". I think they are like license points and expire with time.

It already is loose if you can remember the words it ignores. I don't think it needs to be on but maybe there is a legal reason they keep it there (eg content is easily and freely accessible by public and children).
I think swear words on a motorcycle forum is the least of all the problems the public or children can be exposed to online these days.

I'd be curious to know as well. But seeing how kids can easily access adult content in this day and age it makes me wonder.
Speaking of which - I head rumours that there may be something in the works here to implement something similar to what Louisiana did recently...

Can you fill me in. I must have missed this one.

I thought I saw an infraction counter somewhere but I can't find it now. You get a PM with "you have received an infraction". I think they are like license points and expire with time.
I know I have tried to bypass the filter numerous times but I have yet to receive such award for it. Maybe the counter is not working.

I know I have tried to bypass the filter numerous times but I have yet to receive such award for it. Maybe the counter is not working.
It needs to be done manually. Fafo. A few bobbles and they probably don't care. Bypass the filter to call a mod or admin names and you probably get the prize.

Don't be an A55.

BTW @PrivatePilot
The Fu(ken issue we had with the enter key was resolved while you were away from here.

It needs to be done manually. Fafo. A few boobies and they probably don't care. Bypass the filter to call a mod or admin names and you probably get the prize.

FTFY. Let's see if it triggers the filter 😂

BTW @PrivatePilot
The Fu(ken issue we had with the enter key was resolved while you were away from here.

Yes I noticed. It was one of the reasons (amongst many at the time to be fair) that I drifted away for that period of time honestly.

I don't know how much control we have of this, but also haven't looked into it. (I don't have access, that I know for sure.) Personally, I don't give a f^k if you bypass the swear filter. Hate speech etc is another matter, and filtering some of the associated words are reason for keeping the filter in place without us having to babysit 24/7 watching for that sort of thing. But, I don't think we can independently control that.

Word filter setup and replacement is definitely in the forum configuration options. It can be adjusted or completely turned off as the forum admin(s) see fit.

Source: Have ~30 years of forum admin experience dating back to the BBS era. 😉

I don't know how much control we have of this, but also haven't looked into it. (I don't have access, that I know for sure.) Personally, I don't give a f^k if you bypass the swear filter. Hate speech etc is another matter, and filtering some of the associated words are reason for keeping the filter in place without us having to babysit 24/7 watching for that sort of thing. But, I don't think we can independently control that.
We all know how to bypass the filter, so if we need that little extra oomph we can just substitute some special characters.

We all know how to bypass the filter, so if we need that little extra oomph we can just substitute some special characters.

Doesn't always work as the nuns are on watch for some of the substitutions as well, based on my personal experience. 😜

Click your profile name (near top right). "Account details". "Your profile". It's in there.

Back
Top Bottom