The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 391 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

2003 CBR600f4i. $300. “NEED GONE TODAY MY LOSS YOUR GAINBeen sitting since august, ran before that but needs coil packs, spark plugs, chain and some other stuff ”
this user made multiple accounts and listed it in different prices. plus it's a screen cap of someone else's listing?

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a black 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic with 12k miles for $2,000 obo?

Here's the catch: It needs a fuel pump, fuel pump seal, oil change, brake fluid flush, and the tires are old, so probably $600 in parts for the DIY'er.

It'll run just fine if you put a battery in there and spray some brake cleaner at it. I can show anyone interested before you put cash down. A buddy who was staying with me for a couple nights took the fuel pump out, bench tested it, said it's bad. The seal expanded (from the gas I guess?) and no longer fits, so you'll need both parts.

We put everything back together (except for the seal) so it'll be plug and play, no guesswork.

Buddy is now gone, and I'm gearing up for my next big trip, plus getting ready to put my 15 year old pup down in the next week or two so, if someone from GTAM wants to take this on I'll be happy to cash out, otherwise I'll let it sit and deal with it in july or aug and hope I can still find someone to buy it before the winter.

2009 er6n Kawasaki $1500 asis
“2009 er6n 649cc72h at 8500rpm41kRuns great, really reliable, fast enough...... a little beatenAS ISBeech and Kingston Rd M4E, east end toronto Video comingYes its available”

1715441596031.jpeg

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a black 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic with 12k miles for $2,000 obo?

Here's the catch: It needs a fuel pump, fuel pump seal, oil change, brake fluid flush, and the tires are old, so probably $600 in parts for the DIY'er.

It'll run just fine if you put a battery in there and spray some brake cleaner at it. I can show anyone interested before you put cash down. A buddy who was staying with me for a couple nights took the fuel pump out, bench tested it, said it's bad. The seal expanded (from the gas I guess?) and no longer fits, so you'll need both parts.

We put everything back together (except for the seal) so it'll be plug and play, no guesswork.

Buddy is now gone, and I'm gearing up for my next big trip, plus getting ready to put my 15 year old pup down in the next week or two so, if someone from GTAM wants to take this on I'll be happy to cash out, otherwise I'll let it sit and deal with it in july or aug and hope I can still find someone to buy it before the winter.
Low mileage Vulcans and Viragos can be a crap shoot. There are 3 common issues: fuel pump clogging, stators, and rapid wear on output shaft bearings.

I maintain a couple of these bikes for my kids friends. They bought them cheap and have been dependable - I did have to remove and clean both fuel pumps (rust clogged screens) and replace both stators. Try blowing backward with compressed air to clear the pump screen.

Good deal ?? Looking for an enduro project 1985-90 Suzuki DR600 R Dakar looking for offers

1715517040575.jpeg

Low mileage Vulcans and Viragos can be a crap shoot. There are 3 common issues: fuel pump clogging, stators, and rapid wear on output shaft bearings.

I maintain a couple of these bikes for my kids friends. They bought them cheap and have been dependable - I did have to remove and clean both fuel pumps (rust clogged screens) and replace both stators. Try blowing backward with compressed air to clear the pump screen.

Good insight, thank you. This one is definitely a dead fuel pump. Might just drop it off at a shop and let them deal with it.

Good insight, thank you. This one is definitely a dead fuel pump. Might just drop it off at a shop and let them deal with it.
The fuel pump problems are a well known issue, and genuine replacements are expensive. What's the alternative ? Amazon Chinesium knockoffs, so it's a crap shoot.

Lifetime warranty on the Quantum pumps:

Also available through Amazon with free next day delivery, if you prefer to use them for their returns policy or dealing with vendor warranty.

This seems like a good deal if anyone is in the market for a neo retro

Back
Top Bottom