The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 389 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Yep still have it! 🤘

Could someone with FB get me their contact info? Unless @GVH has already picked it up?? :cool:

Working on it.
Message from seller

"Sorry I have someone coming tonight to see it and a waiting list of others who want to know if he is going to show up lol"

note the original pipes on it too...cond is all.
I ditched those on my first one and frankly I'd be looking for pipe if I bought it. Something about the way the tank, side covers and tailpiece all flow together makes it one of my favorite bikes in terms of styling.

^yeah. if the original pipes are solid...and the tank inside rust free...it could be a good project. needs a look/see in person. I would keep the cool old green metalflake as is. and concentrate on getting the mechanical(s) of the bike done.

zillion of these for sale dirt cheap.

I think the motor is near bullet proof. I beat on both of mine hard and they survived.

of course they do...

cool stuff ... shrug.

The CB-1 engine is similar to the early NC23 models CBR400RR,[1] with changes to the port lengths and angles as well as smaller valves and lower compression ratio; changes in the primary and secondary gear ratios reduced the 60 mph (97 km/h) first gear down to around 30 mph (48 km/h), making the slightly less powerful CB-1 feel much quicker from a standstill than its sportier sibling, All engines derived from the NC23 block carry the NC23 ID code in the engine number; this includes the NC27, 23, 29, 31 etc., including the VTEC models with chain driven cams. Like many of its stablemates, the CB-1 has straight gear-driven dual camshafts with self-silencing gears to reduce whine.

Last edited:
of course they do...

cool stuff ... shrug.

The CB-1 engine is similar to the early NC23 models CBR400RR,[1] with changes to the port lengths and angles as well as smaller valves and lower compression ratio; changes in the primary and secondary gear ratios reduced the 60 mph (97 km/h) first gear down to around 30 mph (48 km/h), making the slightly less powerful CB-1 feel much quicker from a standstill than its sportier sibling, All engines derived from the NC23 block carry the NC23 ID code in the engine number; this includes the NC27, 23, 29, 31 etc., including the VTEC models with chain driven cams. Like many of its stablemates, the CB-1 has straight gear-driven dual camshafts with self-silencing gears to reduce whine.
Apologies, I stand corrected. I don't think I've ever seen one apart, nor heard of any reason to.

It looks like it has lived out side most of its life. Most of my DLs looked like this after owning them.

He redid his pics. 118k showing on the guage

Last edited:
If you guys think that V-Strom is a good deal...

Smoking deal.
Just barely broken in.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom