The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 77 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

showing my lack of klr knowledge...is the doo hickey a cam chain tensioner? replacing oem tensioner with a manual tensioner ...is this a regularly done mod on the klr?

never noticed it was in sportbikes lmao somebody grab this and make it a tutorial project, wrench spit shine and go.
More to do with an internal spring and mount, part of the auto decompression system.
I had a 1999 klr with 86000km, sold it and it's still running with over 100k. Never had the do hickey done.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Geez that's an amazing deal ...wow.

$_59.JPG

if that motor is okay that's a 20 year ride.

That's like 5 years off being a classic I think and then low insurance.

Same motor as mine but a whole lot more horsepower

[video=youtube;qvdmuJrPARc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvdmuJrPARc[/video]

damn 300 kph ( indicated )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOH39xbE8I

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's a bad bike but it is not making CBR929RR power. It is making 100ish, at the crank.

Kinda wondering how much work the water pump would be

I'm not saying it's a bad bike but it is not making CBR929RR power. It is making 100ish, at the crank.

Kinda wondering how much work the water pump would be
I just had a look at the service manual on pdf. Replacing or rebuilding the water looks to be 3-4 hours for any reasonably competent home mechanic. At $900 I'd bite but the garage is comfortably full at the moment.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Agreed. I lost a 04 gs500f to low engine oil. One day before I was going to change the oil. Middle of the 401 in the express. Was not fun.

My dads seeped and burned a bit as well. He rode it across Canada and back like that...just made sure he filled it regularly.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/hamilton/2000-suzuky-katana-1000-obo/1285186596

"This bike is for parts or fix; It starts, but will not idle after it gets warm. Good rubber, and all original parts, nothing has been removed/sold off it. Asking $1000.00 OBO, Must pick it up; Please text me if interested at 905 741 3038"

Valves adjust or carb problem ??

$_59.JPG

I've looked at this bike, and I thought it was a mess. I can't remember what my gut reaction was to the idling problem but I remember thinking that while I could probably fix it, it would be more time than I wanted to put into a Katana. It's had like 15 owners and it definitely looks like it

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/hamilton/honda-trail-70-ct-70-project/1311534734

"Rolling Frame with chrome fenders gas tank and rear light/plate bracket Also comes with engine with new piston, gaskets, need to be put together. Great potential No ownership, not sure of year has been put together with different parts. $600"

These are getting rare and expensive.

$_59.JPG

That poor bike was ridden hard and put away wet. There are teeth broken off the front sprocket and the head is a ball of rust. Quite sad.

It doesn't appear to have a VIN plate or ownership. Essentially this is a homebuilt bike. Without a frame swap you may never get it plated.

I don't know enough about them to comment on the price, but by the time you buy all the missing parts you will be in for some decent coin invested into a frankenbike that will be much less valuable than a real one.

I've looked at this bike, and I thought it was a mess. I can't remember what my gut reaction was to the idling problem but I remember thinking that while I could probably fix it, it would be more time than I wanted to put into a Katana. It's had like 15 owners and it definitely looks like it

Good to know. I was thinking of looking at it. Sounds like a $400 parts bike.

that is a good deal
have to do something different with that tail light though
the cyclops look don't work for me

I actually kind of like the light

that is a good deal
have to do something different with that tail light though
the cyclops look don't work for me

Haha, that is probably the largest tail light I have ever seen on a bike. It is interesting how they mounted the turn signals facing down so they don't break off in a tipover (I don't think I like it, but I do find it interesting).

Did they do a tail stretch on this bike? (EDIT: I guess not, many look like that. Weird.)

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Back
Top Bottom