The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 49 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Yup... Can't wait to leave this hellhole. On the plus side, quick access to the back roads of Halton/Caledon is one of the few saving graces about Bramladesh.
move to barrie...im over 30 and clean record but full coverage on a cbr600rr is $650 a year.
One word: Brampton
'nuff said

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk
LOL - yup...
That's a choice only you can make. But let me paint a picture for you....
None of your friends ride, so easier for you to not give a eff what people think of your bike.
Your riding into your driveway, take a spill and jamb the thingy into the other thing and now the bike needs xxx dollars to repair. Now you have to pay for repairs and make payments on that flashy new bike. And yes. Those are the official names for motorcycle parts. Just an opinion from an old guy that isn't fond of debt.

But as I said (and so did Black Sheep) the choice is yours.
keep the BOLD part in mind. never finance a toy that you cant cover.

I'm no expert, but if you offered a g and he cane back with that price, I may take a chance. The others I quoted definitely know more than I, but if it all works out well, this could be a bike that you could ride for many years.
I would definitely reach out to a few members here though. Iirc you said that none of your friends ride, right?

I would ask him to do the safety, but you pay for it. That way you know up front what it needs, and he may still be able to ride it over to a shop.

So $1250+pay for safety and I would offer a coffee and $20-$25 for his time. But I may be too nice.

i did this with one of the bikes i bought because the guy owned a trailer company, he said it was no problem. i think i paid his full asking price less the spare seat and passenger pegs, cover and shop manual, which i later just gave him the $150 for.
i paid something like $5500 for a 07 sportster in mint condition with only 8km on it....shoulda kept it.

The issue I am having is insurance. Liability only it's 1900 a yr.a 2015 ninja 300 abs with full coverage is 1850. So does it make sense buy this bike and pay $50 for insurance and get basic coverage or finance a a 300 and get full coverage
call some other companies and quote both bikes. also wait till you have your M2 to put it on the road...it will be cheaper

I don't like buying vehicles from quebec because the title can go from salvage to clean and you won't even know.

If that were closer to the GTA I'd consider buying it.

But if you're buying it IN Quebec, wouldn't you be able to see the Quebec history? Ad's down now, anyway.

Funny story about buying a Quebec vehicle:
Back in my first year of college (about 11 years ago now I think) I bought a used Jetta from some sketchy dealer in KW. Keep it for a couple years but it has the crappy 2.slow engine and I always really wanted the diesel so I bought a diesel of the same year and was trying to sell the 2.slow. There was a used dealer in Guelph that specialized in Audi and VW so I thought maybe they'd want to buy it off me. Guy says probably not but he'll check it out. Very quickly he points out some welded spots in the passenger side door frame. Obviously had previously been in an accident. He asks me where I bought it from and I tell him. He starts going off about how that guy is known for being sketchy and importing salvage vehicles from Quebec. Well eventually I sold this car to someone so I got the UVIP. UVIP shows it was actually that dealer in Guelph that originally brought it into Ontario from Quebec as salvage, sold it to some other guy, and eventually it ended up at the KW dealer I bought it from.

Icing on the cake: Went to register my the diesel Jetta at the MTO and that Guelph dealer was actually in there. I confronted him and told him what I had found out. He told me he had no idea who I was or what I was talking about and left really quickly. Guy now owns the new Esso beside his crappy used car place on highway 7 entering Guelph from Rockwood. I've stopped there a few times to fill up and he always acts all fake nice as you should when you're serving people and I've been tempted to be an *** to him because of our history but I've always kept it civil. It was over 10 years ago, after all.

Never, ever, ever buy a bike that "just needs it's carbs cleaned"

#rolleyes

For a bunch of bikers, a lot of you are high-maintenance princesses.

That said, I'd be concerned about parts availability. And can you even insure one of these here?

Last edited:
#rolleyes

For a bunch of bikers, a lot of you are high-maintenance princesses.

That said, I'd be concerned about parts availability. And can you even insure one of these here?

Ummmmmm, see my sig. I'm not a stranger to high maintenance bikes (hi KTM :))

My comment was more along the lines of, it's never just the carbs. If it was, the seller would fix them for $1-200 and sell a running bike.

Ummmmmm, see my sig. I'm not a stranger to high maintenance bikes (hi KTM :))

My comment was more along the lines of, it's never just the carbs. If it was, the seller would fix them for $1-200 and sell a running bike.

4 carbs though so I doubt he can clean for $200. Probably more like $300 and the bike only worth $1,200 maybe. Not a desirable model.
With that said, I bought bikes that ran like **** and fixed carbs on them but not something I enjoy doing.
I had to do it twice last time to get a CBR900 going nice enough in order to sell. Painfully small parts and difficult access. If someone is not mechanically inclined at all - I can see them not wanting the hassle.

The issue with the CBR250RR, is that yes it probably needs the carbs cleaned. But it will also need new o rings, and probably an overhaul.

good luck finding parts for them anymore.

I have a hard enough time finding Bandit 400 stuff, and they were actually imported to Canada for 4 years vs the CBRs 1 year.

That being said...great little bikes. I road a CBR250RR and 400RR in England around Donington Park....pretty fun.

Will it be higher maintenance than my 2 stroke? Been looking for something like of like this for awhile.

I found a source for the o-rings with a 30 second Google search.

Dont worry about parts, more like insurance. I have a 1974 cb550 and I can get any parts I need to maintain my bike.

Dont worry about parts, more like insurance. I have a 1974 cb550 and I can get any parts I need to maintain my bike.
Yeah but how many cb550 did Honda sell? How many cbr250rr? In North America? I'd be worried about parts enough to look into it first.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Yeah but how many cb550 did Honda sell? How many cbr250rr? In North America? I'd be worried about parts enough to look into it first.

Ahh that's true. I forgot to take into account that production year and which country it was available to. But im sure ebay always has an answer ;)

This is a great deal on a Ninja 300, maybe you should take a look at this one DjSamphard

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...on/1148102129?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Is there something wrong with this motorcycle? After 1.5k views and a listing since March 2016...

I'm looking for a Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS as a starter bike. Finished the training with RTI in August last year, and ready to get riding this year.

Best I got from a dealer was $5.3k for a 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS.

Is there something wrong with this motorcycle? After 1.5k views and a listing since March 2016...

I'm looking for a Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS as a starter bike. Finished the training with RTI in August last year, and ready to get riding this year.

I don't see anything wrong with it. There a ton of them on kijiji, that's why it's got 1.5k views, people are browsing. Give him a call and go check it out.

That must be for a new 2014 they still have sitting around right? Pretty sure you should be able to find them for less than $5k used, even from a dealer.

Back
Top Bottom