The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Miles versus KM ....I just looked at what the ad listed .....he did not bother to convert.
02-Sep-15
Price
$5,500.00
Address Georgetown, ON L7G 4M6
View map
Make Yamaha
Model Other
For Sale By Owner
Colour Burgundy
Engine Displacement (cc) 1900
Kilometers 46400
Year 2006

I'm used to Australia where high mileage on used machines is the norm.
I've picked off two superb machines on Kiji this year ...the Vstrom just ticked over 100,000k and no question with regular maintenance can go 3 or 4 times that.

All my Suzuki bikes got smoother up to about 40,000 km.

I really think the key is maintenance records. Without them ....a good deal could be a disaster and there is little to go on.
I was a tad concerned about the transmission whine on the NT700v but then hit the forum and got many humorous comments about that being the norm.

Getting into the "deals" time of year.....but the garage is full except for farkles.

Getting into the "deals" time of year.....but the garage is full except for farkles.

Almost - I say it's official once there's multiple Hayabusas under $6K

I went to check it out last night. Its coming to my house tomorrow. bye bye Bandit .. hello Tuono.
Aprilia%20RSV1000%20Tuono%20%201.jpg
It's still listed. Did you buy it?

Alright boys, I need a good deal on a KTM 1190 Adventure R...

I think I saw ONE ​used one pop up over the summer. I think I will be patiently waiting until the spring.

I think I saw ONE ​used one pop up over the summer. I think I will be patiently waiting until the spring.

I'd like to see more adventure/enduro/super moto bikes in this thread.

I went to check it out last night. Its coming to my house tomorrow. bye bye Bandit .. hello Tuono.
Aprilia%20RSV1000%20Tuono%20%201.jpg
Looks much better in this pic. I'm sure it's an amazing bike. I just didn't love the look in the pics the seller had posted on Kijiji.

Last edited:
Mission cycle has a gorgeous 2015 1190 adventure r. They also have a smoking deal on a newer bmw gs fully kitted out.

Mission cycle has a gorgeous 2015 1190 adventure r. They also have a smoking deal on a newer bmw gs fully kitted out.

Any details on this smoking deal?

Time to trade the Versys in for an 1190 Adventure R ? ;)

Ive got one that I'd sell. Shoot me an email at alongat.gat@gmail.com but if I sell it, it's got to be quick and easy for both of us. You will not be disappointed. It's perfect with all the right accessories.

Any details on this smoking deal?

Time to trade the Versys in for an 1190 Adventure R ? ;)

Well, it's a decent deal I think. 2011 bmw r1200gs, full aluminum panniers, aux fuel, skid plate, etc, 25k km, cert at $11500, in yellow.
Don't tempt me, I'd love to go buy the 1190r, but not this year. :(

Nicely farkled Vstrom 650

Make Suzuki
Model Other
For Sale By Owner
Colour Black
Engine Displacement (cc) 649
Kilometers 72200
Year 2009
Excellent shape, highway mileage. Hard shell travel bags and extras -- GIVI engine guards, highway pegs, centre stand. New front and back brakes. Chain and sprockets new last year and in excellent shape. New back tire and front has minimal wear. Engine recently serviced for valve adjustment and new plugs. Paint excellent with minimal tank scratches.
Bike is a honey to ride and Vstroms have a bullet-proof history. Email or text for more info. Will safety.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...bs/1102919864?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Honestly MacDoc, these bikes may be great and all but no one will buy one with 160,000km on it.
It has almost zero resale value. Ditto for a V-Strom 650 with 72,000km Knowing that, I would never pay anywhere close to those asking prices even if I were certain they are in perfect mechanical condition.

Your loss - do you buy bikes to resell them or to ride them . There is a Vstrom out there with 371,000 MILES on it - never opened the motor and uses no oil.
There are Sts out there with hundreds of thousands of miles on them and mechnically sound for twice that.

The ST1100 and ST1300 are renowned for their reliability. I personally know a number of riders well into the triple digits on their STs. Let's hear how many miles on the odo you have! I'll try and keep track here in this first post. You do not have to have done all the miles yourself, if you bought the bike used that's cool, just give us the current odo reading and the year of the bike. A picture of your odo would be nice, but not required. Currently owned and running STs.

High Mileage Hall of Fame

1.zooker13 2005 300,468 top 2005

2.wwall 2003 205,532 top 2003

3. suprasabre 2005 174,300

4. crazykz 2004 159,822 top 2004

5.Grizz117 2003 157,150

6. Rob2m 2004 155,721

7. Roger Gunter 1997 146,600 top 1997

8.dznxlf 2004 142,345

9. Wjbertrand 2005 134,625

10.LEINADEUGAL 2003 134,216

Maura 2006 131,130 top 2006
http://www.st1300.us.com/showthread.php?t=485

I bought my Vstrom with 93,000 km on it and expect to double that. There are riders on this board with higher mileage.

Its all about maintenance. That tourer could keep a rider going for 10 more years in comfort with just basic maintenance and tires.

This "low mileage myth " that pervades the GTA is crap. I could really care less what you would pay. The thread is about good value and both are.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom