The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 382 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Woah small world! lol I think there isn't a lot of content on that motorcycle.

The guy I bought my second G650GS was asking $5,000... I offered him $4,000 because a) my first one was $5k but had 1.2k km instead of 12k km, and b) he was a few hours out of the city and I was betting that I'm the only person stupid enough to drive 6-7 hours to check out a 10 year old 650cc BMW.

Seller replies to me LINKING TO MY VIDEO (not knowing it was me he was talking to) as justification for his asking price.

I replied "YouTubers in general, are idiots, especially the guy in that video."

A week later he replies "Ok if you still want it come get it."

I showed up like "Hi, I'm the idiot from the YouTube video! I'm here to buy your bike :D!"

yea there isn't a whole lot. lol that's a funny story didn't expect your content to reach that many ppl. can you make a follow up video saying it's worth 2.5k? I'm down for that.

yea there isn't a whole lot. lol that's a funny story didn't expect your content to reach that many ppl. can you make a follow up video saying it's worth 2.5k? I'm down for that.
LOL, sorry, I gotta keep it real! haha

Re: The reach - it's still weird to me, in my head, even though the people I meet are totally normal.

Case in point, yesterday my girl and I were at Studio Cycle talking to Sabina about Aprilia and the MotoGP sprint race. Next thing I know one of her customers tells me he's a subscriber. Buddy takes out his phone, opens the youtube app, and my face is right there on his phone! Crazy!

That was the first time I've ever seen my face on a stranger's . Luckily he's just a normal cool guy and we had what (hopefully) looked like a totally chill conversation on the outside...

but man, on the inside, my brain was like:

Anyway I think if I keep at it for like 5 more years I'll probably get to the point I can get some C- groupies out of it, so that's basically my biggest motivation right now :LOL:

Last edited:
Interesting. My understanding was those pieces of paper were quite expensive (like $50 a form) as that's how the MTO made their cut. Is this a stolen book?

Not sure on current pricing, but they used to be $5 a form, 20 forms in a book like that. MTO keeps track of who ordered the book by the serial numbers of the certificates within.

Then explain the decision to bring in the XR150L ? Same target market (new riders) with a bargain basement price.
$4600 isn’t a bargain basement price, it’s double what Honda and others sell their 160s for in other markets.

I don’t know how successful it will be, I’m guessing not gonna be all that popular. Sell is for $2999 (50% over intl prices) and it might mage a dent.

$4600 isn’t a bargain basement price, it’s double what Honda and others sell their 160s for in other markets.

I don’t know how successful it will be, I’m guessing not gonna be all that popular. Sell is for $2999 (50% over intl prices) and it might mage a dent.
Wait until there are non-currents. At one point you could pick up a new CBR125R for around $1700 - now people want that much for 15 year old used ones.

In the US you could buy the CB125 (it was CHEAP) OR you could buy a CB125 that came with a helmet and matching jacket and a year of insurance (it was also CHEAP).
The liability on the helmet and jacket didn't work out in Canadian courts and Honda couldn't find an insurance carrier that was nation wide here.
So HERE you could only buy the bike
I distinctly remember when dealers were blowing out the CBR125's and including at least a jacket and gloves, but no insurance. I'm pretty sure they also included a helmet, because I thought it was an awesome idea to give new riders everything they needed in one shot and not have them spend all their money on a bike and then have to scrounge for sub-par (or no) gear.

“1985 Honda Shadow 500 motorcycle. New seat. New mufflers. New Battery. 399,697 km. Great starter bike.” 40k and $600

1710259244293.jpeg

“1985 Honda Shadow 500 motorcycle. New seat. New mufflers. New Battery. 399,697 km. Great starter bike.” 40k and $600

View attachment 66536
Pretty crunchy looking - that puppy's been parked for a LONG time. IF she has the keys, ownership and the tank isn't full of rust she'll likely get the asking price. Otherwise, it's landfill.

Last edited:
Buddy is trying to sell his motorcycle lift.

Here is the link.

Seems to be a solid deal.

Just went up today.

$5500 for a 2019 street triple 765.
33,000km

9980bdf1446c0d3ddb7150bfdbd9647d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom