The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Admittedly I don't really pay THAT much for bike insurance, and usually don't give it much thought... but when I found out the KTM 690 is $600 cheaper for the year (and that's not even shopping for a price)... it really got me thinking. I'd be curious to know how many new liter bikes sell in the GTA per year (I'm guessing not many) considering the insurance costs.

What I see on the roads are Ducatis and BMWs >1000cc. Either people have the money for both the exotic bikes and insurance, or they are buying 600s.
I think Yamaha will sell a ton of Fz07s for this reason.

Yamaha is right on the money with that bike and AFAIK it has a limiter available that makes it 48 hp compliant for Australia and Europe.

Great machines at the right prices and seating position.

I've booked an FZ 07 demo this month, but the Suzuki Gladius 650 has a great V-twin motor, handles really well and has ABS standard. I thought it would be like my old SV650, but it is very different.
Yamaha is still resisting ABS.

I've booked an FZ 07 demo this month, but the Suzuki Gladius 650 has a great V-twin motor, handles really well and has ABS standard. I thought it would be like my old SV650, but it is very different.
Yamaha is still resisting ABS.

Where is this demo

How many times are you gonna post your ad in this thread? this is #3

Sorry won't post again :thumbright: (I didn't realize I posted it THREE times... but it could also be because I dropped the price substantially and thought somebody might be interested)

But unfortunately people from GTAM are trying to buy the bike without paying taxes...... *sigh*

Sorry won't post again :thumbright: (I didn't realize I posted it THREE times... but it could also be because I dropped the price substantially and thought somebody might be interested)

But unfortunately people from GTAM are trying to buy the bike without paying taxes...... *sigh*

Shocking people don't want to pay $1000 in taxes isn't it?

you would have much better luck early next season and fully private sale without a lien/loan on the title IMHO.

Shocking people don't want to pay $1000 in taxes isn't it?

we pay tax on pretty much everything... vehicles are no different. unless you are one of those people that claim a new bike is worth $100.

I actually had somebody say "what I have to pay taxes" ........ jesus

we pay tax on pretty much everything... vehicles are no different. unless you are one of those people that claim a new bike is worth $100.

I actually had somebody say "what I have to pay taxes" ........ jesus

Why are you selling your bike through a dealer? I don't get it.

And yeah, fibbing on used bike UVIPs is pretty common.

Why are you selling your bike through a dealer? I don't get it.

And yeah, fibbing on used bike UVIPs is pretty common.

i have heard of other people selling through the dealer in a way.
basically the trade in value is less than what he wants for it, face it there are rebates on the bikes, value drops and you want as much for it as possible.(plus, if there is a loan youve got to pay the interest, but that doesnt make your bike worth more...)

dealer says ill give you (im pulling numbers out of the air here) $5000 on a trade towards your new bike, or you can bring in your own buyer and we will give you that amount off the trade of your new bike.
in turn, he would only pay taxes on the difference between his new bike and his trade in that he just brought in a buyer for.
say he gets $7500 for his bike being sold through the dealership and his new bike costs $9000 before taxes, he would in turn only be paying tax on $1500.
dealer will probably want to take $500 margin on the trade in though to cover cert, but chances are tey mayt get someone else to finance this bike meaning they also get more $ on the loan commission.

Basically, Chasem doesnt want to pay taxes on his new bike.

i have heard of other people selling through the dealer in a way.
basically the trade in value is less than what he wants for it, face it there are rebates on the bikes, value drops and you want as much for it as possible.(plus, if there is a loan youve got to pay the interest, but that doesnt make your bike worth more...)

dealer says ill give you (im pulling numbers out of the air here) $5000 on a trade towards your new bike, or you can bring in your own buyer and we will give you that amount off the trade of your new bike.
in turn, he would only pay taxes on the difference between his new bike and his trade in that he just brought in a buyer for.
say he gets $7500 for his bike being sold through the dealership and his new bike costs $9000 before taxes, he would in turn only be paying tax on $1500.
dealer will probably want to take $500 margin on the trade in though to cover cert, but chances are tey mayt get someone else to finance this bike meaning they also get more $ on the loan commission.

Basically, Chasem doesnt want to pay taxes on his new bike.

Fairly accurate assessment. I have nothing to hide... I'm purchasing a KTM 690 Enduro (hopefully) and would rather let the dealer take care of the sale of my FZ-09. I've done the private sale shenanigans and I don't want to do it again.

Also I have offered to pay almost HALF the taxes on my FZ-09 to several people and they still were not interested (because of taxes)... I can only imagine how well that would have worked if I was selling private. Low ball, low ball, asking for FZ-09 UVIP at < $2000. I simply don't want to deal with those people. *sigh* Maybe I should just increase the price to $8,000 and have a no tax event :D

Last edited:
Its going to be a hard sale. It sounds like its not a popular bike. On top of that, for better or worse, most buyers don't expect to have to pay full tax on a bike they find for sale privately. What I mean by that is, they're not going into a dealership and seeing it on the floor, they're finding an ad on the internet.

Now let's get back to posting reasonably priced bikes.

Fairly accurate assessment. I have nothing to hide... I'm purchasing a KTM 690 Enduro (hopefully) and would rather let the dealer take care of the sale of my FZ-09. I've done the private sale shenanigans and I don't want to do it again.

Also I have offered to pay almost HALF the taxes on my FZ-09 to several people and they still were not interested (because of taxes)... I can only imagine how well that would have worked if I was selling private. Low ball, low ball, asking for FZ-09 UVIP at < $2000. I simply don't want to deal with those people. *sigh* Maybe I should just increase the price to $8,000 and have a no tax event :D
im not saying it as a bad thing, its common practice.
dealers make more money on deals like this than they normally would, think about it they made commission on your first bike, potentially made money on financing, they will make a small profit on your bike being sold off to whoever takes it plus possible financing again, hen make profit on your new pike plus potentially more financing.

i still think you will have better luck early next season, with a clear title of loans (if applicable)

Back
Top Bottom