The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 159 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Thanks- I was about to start a new thread, but seeing that @Joe Bass received a lot of great suggestions some time back in this thread (Although I am no Joe Bass in terms of popularity :) I thought I would give it a shot here in this thread.

No chain because I just want to keep the maintenance aspect low (From what I know, shaft or belt drive needs minimal maintenance)/
If you want rock solid dependability and cheap, look at Honda Shadows. Most Aeros have shaft drive, ABS, FI, bags, shield, boards and there are tons of aftermarket accessories available. You can find them all day long in with less then 20K for $3500.

If you want rock solid dependability and cheap, look at Honda Shadows. Most Aeros have shaft drive, ABS, FI, bags, shield, boards and there are tons of aftermarket accessories available. You can find them all day long in with less then 20K for $3500.

Thanks for your reply. If I am not mistaken, only Honda Shadow Aeros after 2011 started having shaft drive, Fuel injection, and optional ABS. And in my 3 months of scouring kijiji/FB marketplace- I have seen only 3 come up for sale, and all of them were priced above $4500. (There is currently one listed for $4500 in Hamilton).

The Honda Shadow Aeros listed for below $3500 are usually the ones before 2011 year (No Fuel Injection, ABS etc). I would jump and buy one if I can find a 2011 model for $3500 with less than 20K kms.

Thanks for your reply. If I am not mistaken, only Honda Shadow Aeros after 2011 started having shaft drive, Fuel injection, and optional ABS. And in my 3 months of scouring kijiji/FB marketplace- I have seen only 3 come up for sale, and all of them were priced above $4500. (There is currently one listed for $4500 in Hamilton).

The Honda Shadow Aeros listed for below $3500 are usually the ones before 2011 year (No Fuel Injection, ABS etc). I would jump and buy one if I can find a 2011 model for $3500 with less than 20K kms.
I love my Shadow (although much older bike) but keep in mind they are gutless pigs, if that's important to you.
I'm off on short term this coming week, can't drive and almost caught up on all my tv shows....looks like now I found something to keep me occupied. The "Wolfpack Bike Search" is on!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I love my Shadow (although much older bike) but keep in mind they are gutless pigs, if that's important to you.
I'm off on short term this coming week, can't drive and almost caught up on all my tv shows....looks like now I found something to keep me occupied. The "Wolfpack Bike Search" is on!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Yeah- some people who have owned Honda Shadow in the past told me the same (gutless). However, that by itself is not a problem for me. I am not looking for a spirited ride, just a reliable cruiser that can do the occasional touring. (ideally being able to cruise at freeway speeds).

I found a few motorcycles (Suzuki c50 and Vulcan 900) that come safety certified at the $3500-$4000 price point.

I am trying to decide between a 1. 2009 Suzuki C50T with lots of extra accessories 32K kms 2. 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 with no extra accessories 23k kms and 3. 2007 Suzuki C50T with 10k kms.

Which would you go for? Newer year with more accessories- but more kms on the odometer/ or Older year with less accessories but lower kms on the odometer. All the bikes seem to be in very good condition. I would be requesting @frekeyguy to inspect the bike once I figure out which one i want.

@ the CBX "No bags" but it clearly has a bracket on the left hand side...

This guy should probably be auctioning the bike somewhere TBH

@ the CBX "No bags" but it clearly has a bracket on the left hand side...

This guy should probably be auctioning the bike somewhere TBH
Good catch! The last pic you can see a full mount/bracket wrapping the rear and the rear signals are relocated. All other pics appear stock.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

86 rebel 250 25,000kms $800.
looks pretty good for an 86
very low seat, would best suit someone under...?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...50/1409325417?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Hey, that was my bike. :D

It was in great shape for being over thirty years old. Fired on first shot, had no problems keeping up in traffic, etc. But it did need some small things done, however I wanted to make it accessible to newer riders at a cheap cost to get someone else interested in riding.

I bought a new fuel injected bike this time around. Looking forward to spring.

that RD400 is sweet....gorgeous
and I'm thinking you're right IM
prolly looking for 10k or more

that little Rebel looks like a great buy
needs a bit of TLC and shining up
but a great starter bike for $800

I love this bike but I have a feeling they'll want a small fortune for it.

Please view this ad:

1977 YAMAHA RD 400,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

The ad says he spent $6200 on the restoration... on a bike worth $4500 AT MOST. How do you spend $6200 restoring a RD400? That's full retail.
Where did people get the idea RDs are rare?
The only RD that's even approaching rare would be a Daytona 3J7 or 3Mx.

that is a lot of bike for a grand. surprised its still available after 13 hours. nice find. only 40k.
Looks like its been painted. Wonder what the bodywork is like underneath; but yeah, can't get much for a grand.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

that is a lot of bike for a grand. surprised its still available after 13 hours. nice find. only 40k.

When you guys post these, I usually just see a parts bike.
I've paid $650 for that front end.
I've paid $500 for those wheels (get SV wheels, they're lighter).
I've paid $275 for those disks and calipers.
If that idiot thing had a six speed trans, I'd buy it for those parts and toss the rest.

Looks like its been painted. Wonder what the bodywork is like underneath; but yeah, can't get much for a grand.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I noticed that too, along with the missing passenger grab handles. pretty nice for a beater bike....decent ergo's. I like this thing.

EDIT still up on kijiji after 21 hours & 300 views. peterborough area if interested.

Last edited:
Just down the street from me, and I just sold a RD400.
Still doesn't have a six speed. I really want a six speed for my GS1000

Hey, that was my bike. :D

It was in great shape for being over thirty years old. Fired on first shot, had no problems keeping up in traffic, etc. But it did need some small things done, however I wanted to make it accessible to newer riders at a cheap cost to get someone else interested in riding.

I bought a new fuel injected bike this time around. Looking forward to spring.

Don't keep us hanging ?! what did you buy? welcome to the forum

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...05/1410115684?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"Winter Projects,.. 1989 Yamaha FZR 400 ..New Coils, New Fuel pump, Decent shape, Comes with bin of Parts and Extras..$1000"

$_59.JPG

Back
Top Bottom