The One Thing Im Having Trouble with | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The One Thing Im Having Trouble with

Become a site supporter and the fun continues! It lives on in Trash Talk...

I agree with others here. TheRealKleenex should take a course.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Isn't this the same guy that was boasting he started on a 600 & surviving it? Don't look like you're doing well, bud

We should hold a pool on the next thing that Biggie Stalls is having trouble with.

You know that if you're riding only in parking lots, and you're still stalling the bike enough to ask for online help on it, that there may be one or two other things you maybe cant do.

Potential follow up threads:
How do you shift into 3rd?
Where is the gas cap?
My bike wont turn on!
Which vest is best?

We should hold a pool on the next thing that Biggie Stalls is having trouble with.

You know that if you're riding only in parking lots, and you're still stalling the bike enough to ask for online help on it, that there may be one or two other things you maybe cant do.

Potential follow up threads:
How do you shift into 3rd?
Where is the gas cap?
My bike wont turn on!
Which vest is best?

I'll bet even odds on can't engage first because the sidestand is down.

I saw a guy at a gas station roll in on a new Ducati with pristine set of Dianese leathers and pricey AGV helmet..stuck for over 10 minutes starting the dropping into first, shutting off, over and over until I couldn't take it any more and had to tell him his sidestand was down.

biggie-smalls.jpg

Lol you guys styll going?? I askd that my first time getting on a bike, never driving a dirt bike or standard car? Please whoever never stalled a bike cast the first stone..I ride fine now and my buddy only taught me one thing, also havent been to the course yet(its been packed) ive been down lakeshore, going to try highways soon

Last edited:
Lol you guys styll going?? I askd that my first time getting on a bike, never driving a dirt bike or standard car? Please whoever never stalled a bike cast the first stone..I ride fine now and my buddy only taught me one thing, also havent been to the course yet(its been packed) ive been down lakeshore, going to try highways soon

You've got the vest. Don't forget to add this before you hit the highway...

Actually, I would highly recommend staying off of the highway until you take the course. I doubt you have your M2 yet so it is illegal for you to be on the 400 series highways anyways.

Not even 20 days in and Biggie Stallz already is an expert:

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4676722&highlight=#post4676722

"Ive only got up to 60km/h aha I dont have m1 yet and never even sat on a bike or dirtbike before today, I have to say I impressed myself tho my shifting was pretty good and my take-offs also, only took one corner but was pretty smooth! Im glad im starting on a 600 not a 125 like all the "motorcycle gurus" scream at people to do"

"Yupp im going to take the course, and when I go my head will be a sponge ready to learn, im not the cocky type that thinks he knows it all cuz I dont, I got gear but not much just gloves helmet and vest/spine protector"

Too bad your attitude/opinion has changed since this post. I truly hope you keep yourself off of main roads and highways until you go take a course:

"I havent even thought of main streets let alone highways LOL im takin it slow, better safe than sorry"

Get yourself some sort of protective jacket stat. The Icon vest is not going to do a darn thing if you take a spill. Even at low speed you can find yourself in hospital requiring some skin grafts. Kevlar jeans or other protective pants would be great as well but I would get yourself a decent jacket with CE rated armor next.

"Ive only got up to 60km/h aha I dont have m1 yet and never even sat on a bike or dirtbike before today, I have to say I impressed myself tho my shifting was pretty good and my take-offs also, only took one corner but was pretty smooth! Im glad im starting on a 600 not a 125 like all the "motorcycle gurus" scream at people to do"

"Yupp im going to take the course, and when I go my head will be a sponge ready to learn, im not the cocky type that thinks he knows it all cuz I dont, I got gear but not much just gloves helmet and vest/spine protector"

Too bad your attitude/opinion has changed since this post. I truly hope you keep yourself off of main roads and highways until you go take a course:

"I havent even thought of main streets let alone highways LOL im takin it slow, better safe than sorry"

Get yourself some sort of protective jacket stat. The Icon vest is not going to do a darn thing if you take a spill. Even at low speed you can find yourself in hospital requiring some skin grafts. Kevlar jeans or other protective pants would be great as well but I would get yourself a decent jacket with CE rated armor next.

Protective pants for sure unless you really like having no skin on your knees. Learned that the hard way. Regular jeans shred instantly even at 40 kph. Probably not much better than just wearing shorts.

Where do people get the idea that the ****** vests actually protect anything beyond some impact?

XX7fs-599x250.jpg

I would like to know what kinda bikes you guys are riding...Last time I checked ...you CANNOT go to neutral on a bike if the rear wheel is turning ....the gearbox is designed to go from 2nd to 1st SKIPPING the neutral...you cannot shift from 2nd to 1st , then shift to neutral and coast.....

EDIT: I did not read OP's recent post...glad your buddy helped you out :)
Well, I don't know what to say to this post. The OP is looking for help (or was) if you don't know what you are talking about please do not offer wrong information, or if you are not absolutely sure, leave your input for L&L - It's ok no not respond and allow others to provide the right information.

Both bikes I've owned had an easier time finding neutral while moving (slowly) than standing still.
You need to adjust your clutch leaver tension, your engagement point is too close to the handle bar and it isn't fully disengaging, that is why you are having problems finding neutral, specially if you are riding a GSXR, on a Kawi not so much.

You need to adjust your clutch leaver tension, your engagement point is too close to the handle bar and it isn't fully disengaging, that is why you are having problems finding neutral, specially if you are riding a GSXR, on a Kawi not so much.
It's adjusted to almost no play in the cable and fully engages near the end. That said I can feel the bike try to jump forward when I start it in gear (on the current bike, not the last one) so i do agree there's something weird going on with the clutch. I was going to change the transmission oil and see if that makes a difference.

It's adjusted to almost no play in the cable and fully engages near the end. That said I can feel the bike try to jump forward when I start it in gear (on the current bike, not the last one) so i do agree there's something weird going on with the clutch. I was going to change the transmission oil and see if that makes a difference.

You have transmission oil? :confused:

Oil will not help you. Play with the adjustment at the bottom and top, unless you are really low or have no oil

You can't fix stupid, especially when its at a young know it all age.

Let him eat pavement, and if he lives to tell the tale he'll put a jacket/pants on next time, that is if he doesn't sell the bike and quit riding...

Back
Top Bottom