The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 98 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

K group.

Meeting at 1pm usual Waterloo Tims (uni and bridge).

Dave has a good route in mind (thanks Dave your routes are always fun!)

See you there!

No prob. I was just on Google Maps looking at options. I wish there were more curves between Kitchener and Guelph. haha...

Great ride today guys! Thx to Dave for leading.

If anyone want a pic of the stopping area. PM me your email if you want the original.

Thanks again Dave! And good to meet some new people as well.

It was a great ride to end a great 2 weeks! Thanks Jer for setting this one up!

Was a great ride thanks for leading Dave, I will take the lead next time if you want.

Sure, sounds good. Hopefully the roads are a bit cleaner by then. There's a little bit of rain in the forecast for this week.

I just looked at the forecast tommorow is gonna be cold doesn't looks so bad for next weekend though. Less sand would be a good thing as well.

Maybe Seafoam would take care of the carb crap?

I built a DIY sync tool with mixed success, looks like arts and crafts class.

I also have a tale of woe to share. Finally got to changing my spark plugs. Got to the second plug, on the cylinder that I suspect is misfiring, and the ignition coil is missing the top rubber seal. Somebody pooped it up with some gooey crap. Obviously I don't want to put it back in without a seal but I doubt I can make a decent seal with silicone unless I "permanently" silicone it in there, which isn't going to happen. Set of 4 coils on eBay for about $50 shipped. I'll call Honda to see if by some miracle they're only $15 new.

*edit*, what a shock, $60 new for one!

Last edited:
I also have a tale of woe to share. Finally got to changing my spark plugs. Got to the second plug, on the cylinder that I suspect is misfiring, and the ignition coil is missing the top rubber seal. Somebody pooped it up with some gooey crap. Obviously I don't want to put it back in without a seal but I doubt I can make a decent seal with silicone unless I "permanently" silicone it in there, which isn't going to happen. Set of 4 coils on eBay for about $50 shipped. I'll call Honda to see if by some miracle they're only $15 new.

*edit*, what a shock, $60 new for one!

Glad you found the problem. Does that mean you'll be ready for the weekend if it warms up?

Just a heads up boys and gals. Coming to work this morning noticed they have been dumping more brine and liquid on the roads in and around St Jacobs. The round about was particularly bad.

Ride safe out there.

Just curious is there any place around k-w where bikes meet like once a week or something at a tims to shoot the ****?

yup, watch this thread, theres usually a weekly post, sometimes more often

Just curious is there any place around k-w where bikes meet like once a week or something at a tims to shoot the ****?

If you want to talk for 15mins or so then go for a ride then watch for the weekly ride here. If you want to park, and look at your bikes for hours and then go home, The Tim's on Ottawa between King and Weber is the place you want.

Glad you found the problem. Does that mean you'll be ready for the weekend if it warms up?

Not 100% sure if that's the problem yet. The third plug, the coil is missing the rubber at the bottom that covers the insulator! I'm beginning to wonder even more about this bike... So I am waiting on a new air filter (should be in Wednesday), I'll be ordering those coils on ebay shortly, and as long as it isn't wet or too dusty I can ride this weekend (don't want to get water and crap down in the slightly exposed plug hole, although I think it's okay for a ride or two).

I fired it up with the air box held back on by hand, literally, and it seems to be running better. The idle still pulsates a bit but not as bad as before, and it seems to rev much more snappily now. I think I'll go put it all back together and rip around the block to see. I looked down into the intakes at the valves and two of the cylinders have fairly gross looking goo on the valves, so I'll run more cleaner through it. As for synching up the TB's, it looks like all the vacuum nibs are tied together and go places. They're in very annoying spots as usual, but to get the tank up and airbox off is quick so I could do that another day if it's still a problem.

Back
Top Bottom