The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 298 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I imagine it’ll be similar to Forks of the Credit now.
OPP camped out all weekend and running sound checks about once a month on nice days.
Since this was announced, Hockley has been added to my list of no-go places.

Is Hockley Valley going to be problem free for us riders?!?
I'm planning to ride up to Hockley very soon, possibly this Sunday (June 27th, Sunday) but I came across this post on Tonit. See picture
Do you guys think we will be harrassed by locals and OPP going forward?!?
Let me what you guys think?
I don't want to go all the way up there and find a OPP sitting there, everytime I'm coming out of a corner
Yes. It's going to be a problem. Thanks to the open pipes and shorty muffler crowd.
Ya, i know. Cars and trucks too.

Timtune and I, were at the forks on Saturday, we saw a undercover OPP on the way in, as he was leaving, we ran the forks both ways and not one cop in sight. It's was a good run. We came back through Erin and nothing.
Cafe shop owner said morning (9-11) and afternoon (3-4pm). Cops will be there for sure
We got there at 2pm

I imagine it’ll be similar to Forks of the Credit now.
OPP camped out all weekend and running sound checks about once a month on nice days.
Since this was announced, Hockley has been added to my list of no-go places.
I hear ya, it would suck to go all the way out there and come home with a fine.
But the curves are fun and worth it

Can't do Sunday. Off camping.
Heading to NB from July8-14 after I get back but would like to tee up some rides shortly after. Maybe head out early and catch burger nite in TO?

What did you do to cook the old one?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Just regular riding...
At just under 50,000km right now.

Rode it to the dentist, and it must have died just after starting my bike at home.
When I left the office, it had no juice. Luckily, it was around the corner of my work, and a coworker was just finished his shift. He gave me a lift home. Grabbed my truck and brought it back home. Charged the battery, rode it again, low battery light came on after about 15km.

Borrowed Smergy's volt meter and determined that 1 phase (2-3) was reading 2.1 volts output. 1-2, and 1-3 are 16.x each.
Doing a little more investigation tomorrow. Otherwise, looks like July 12-14 for the new one to be delivered. Ack.

Eww!

My last bike model had a habit of cooking the enamel coating, then the magnet material.

Crumbly magnetic crap all throughout the sump.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Guessing it's not repairable, you ordered the new one already??
Ordered a new one yesterday, they said July 12-14 delivery.
Called around a bunch more today, found one place that can get it by Wednesday this week with luck.
So, I ordered that one, and sent an email to cancel my first.

As for the crumbly magnetic crap that @WrothWaith mentioned, when I remove the old stator and inspect it, if it's looking a mess, I'll do an oil change too, which adds insult to injury. Another $60 for the oil and $12 for a new filter.

Hopefully it all works out soon.

Big Evil Doer and Viciouswheels, any more rides before the snow flies? Niether one of you had a chance to flog my killer - and you should!

Let me know. Can either of you bugger off early on a Wednesday and maybe catch one of the last burger nights?

VW Can you bag off a Wednesday afternoon? If not let me know when/where you're up for a ride.

Sundays saying 80% chance of rain. If that changes I'd be in.

Back
Top Bottom